new firmware Benq 1620 drive

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Craig Sutton, Apr 15, 2005.

  1. Craig Sutton

    Craig Sutton Guest

    From Cdfreaks site

    BenQ 1620 recieves another firmware update!
    Posted by Quakester2000 on 15 April 2005 - 13:26 - Source: BenQ

    BenQ has released another firmware update for its venerable BenQ 1620
    DVD-Rewriter which adds media support, fixes a few bugs and increases
    compability. The firmware update brings the firmware revision to B7V9 and
    improves compatibility with the Nforce chipset, as well as fixing an issue
    with nero's simulation mode. Support for MJC 16x +R media, Gig 16x DVD-R
    media and Ritek 16x DVD-R F1 media has also been added. You can get firmware
    B7V9 at BenQ's firmware page. You can find out how BenQ users are finding
    the new firmware by checking out the BenQ Forum.

    Release Reasons:

    1. Improved the compatibility with nForce chipset.
    2. Fixed "no data found" issue of a CD-R disc which burnt by Nero and
    Simulation mode is selected.
    3. Added support for MJC 16x DVD+R, Giga 16x DVD-R & Ritek 16x DVD-R F1
    media.

    BenQ has supported this drive extremely well with speed upgrades 2.4x DL >
    4x DL and regular firmware updates to improve the drive. BenQ is sure making
    a name for itself in the DVD-rewriter market.

    Craig Sutton, Apr 15, 2005

  2. Craig Sutton

    John Guest

    On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 00:55:52 +1200, Craig Sutton wrote:

    > From Cdfreaks site
    >
    > BenQ 1620 recieves another firmware update!

    Unlike my other DVD drive (Liteon 812s) the BenQ will flash back to an
    older firmware date if wanted.

    Another download from BenQ worth getting is the Qscan utility, checks
    media before burning for reliability and speed.

    I purchased the BenQ from PlayTech, and the tax invoice I received
    from them states one year warranty, but if you go the BenQ Australian
    web site it states two years for BenQ burners in Australia and NZ,also
    gives a 0800 in NZ to call for service.

    http://www.benq.com.au/Doc/BenQ_A&NZ_Warranty.pdf

    All in all I'm pleased with the drive, and PlayTech. This is the first
    time I've dealt with PlayTech and I'm impressed with the service I
    received.

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Apr 15, 2005

  3. Craig Sutton

    shocker Guest

    John wrote:

    > I purchased the BenQ from PlayTech, and the tax invoice I received
    > from them states one year warranty, but if you go the BenQ Australian
    > web site it states two years for BenQ burners in Australia and NZ,also
    > gives a 0800 in NZ to call for service.
    >
    > http://www.benq.com.au/Doc/BenQ_A&NZ_Warranty.pdf

    unless theyre a parallal importer in which case you'll probably be shit
    out of luck.

    shocker, Apr 15, 2005
  4. Craig Sutton

    GraB Guest

    On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 09:13:26 +1200, John <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 00:55:52 +1200, Craig Sutton wrote:
    >
    >> From Cdfreaks site
    >>
    >> BenQ 1620 recieves another firmware update!

    >Unlike my other DVD drive (Liteon 812s) the BenQ will flash back to an
    >older firmware date if wanted.

    You can do all sorts of things with Liteon drives. Try Flashfix from
    http://digi.rpc1.org/flashfix.htm . My Liteon 812S is running
    CodeGuys firmware CG5G for 832S from
    http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html using Omnipatcher.

    GraB, Apr 16, 2005