New Firewire Card creating weird probs. with computer?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jason, Feb 12, 2004.

  1. Jason

    Jason Guest

    Hi,
    I recently put a new firewire card in my computer. I am using it to transfer
    my Digital Video camcorder to DVD. When my camcorder is not connected to the
    firewire I have no probs at all. When I connect my camera to the firewire,
    everything is fine for a while and I can play my videos on my computer, but
    then my sound card stops working and both the firewire card and my other
    network card start disabling and re-enabling themselves like every 5 seconds
    until I restart my computer. Does anyone know what could be causing this?
    Thanks for any help given.

    Lasher

    AMD Athlon 2600+
    Soundblaster live
    Geforce 4 4600
    TDK DVD RW
    TDK CD RW

    Jason, Feb 12, 2004

  2. Jason

    ICee Guest

    Jason wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I recently put a new firewire card in my computer. I am using it to
    > transfer my Digital Video camcorder to DVD. When my camcorder is not
    > connected to the firewire I have no probs at all. When I connect my
    > camera to the firewire, everything is fine for a while and I can play
    > my videos on my computer, but then my sound card stops working and
    > both the firewire card and my other network card start disabling and
    > re-enabling themselves like every 5 seconds until I restart my
    > computer. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Thanks for any
    > help given.
    >
    > Lasher
    >
    > AMD Athlon 2600+
    > Soundblaster live
    > Geforce 4 4600
    > TDK DVD RW
    > TDK CD RW

    This is the third time you've posted this same question, and you got at
    least three responses the last time telling you to try the card in
    another slot. Please, do not repost the same question, or you will end
    up with no responses.

    ICee, Feb 13, 2004

  3. Jason

    Jason Guest

    Sorry, for some reason when I send the post to the newsgroup but my last
    couple didnt show up in my outlook express. But anyways I did try other
    slots and it didnt work. Sorry for the 3 post.

    Jason

    Jason, Feb 13, 2004