    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

    Thanks
    Amy =)

    =?Utf-8?B?QW15IEpvaG5zb24=?=, Jun 8, 2005

  2. You have to set up the drive for sharing. Right click on it in My Computer
    and choose Sharing and Security to set it up. Then you can add the drive to
    My Network Places on the other computers.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyeQ==?=, Jun 8, 2005

  3. I have set up the new drive for sharing. I can see it on the lap top but can
    not get access. Anything that you or anyone else thing of would be great!!

    Thanks Again!!

    =?Utf-8?B?QW15IEpvaG5zb24=?=, Jun 9, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QW15IEpvaG5zb24=?=

    Malke Guest

    Amy Johnson wrote:

    > I have set up the new drive for sharing. I can see it on the lap top
    > but can not get access. Anything that you or anyone else thing of
    > would be great!!
    >
    > Thanks Again!!
    >
    > "Mary" wrote:
    >
    >> You have to set up the drive for sharing. Right click on it in My
    >> Computer and choose Sharing and Security to set it up. Then you can
    >> add the drive to My Network Places on the other computers.
    >>
    >> "Amy Johnson" wrote:
    >>
    >> > I just installed a new external hard drive on my one desk top. I
    >> > have another desk top and a laptop on my net work. The hard drive
    >> > works fine on the computer it is installed. However, the other
    >> > computers on network can not access the new hard drive. The other
    >> > computers can access all the other drives and folders I have set up
    >> > with file sharing. This is the second external hard drive that I
    >> > have installed on my desk top. The first one works fine with the
    >> > laptop and other desk top. The message I get is:
    >> >
    >> > \\Amyscomputer\i is not accessible. You might not have permission
    >> > to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this
    >> > server to find out if you have access permissions.
    >> >
    >> > Not enough server storage is availbe to process this command.
    >> >
    >> > Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    >> >
    >> > Thanks
    >> > Amy =)

    Here is information on your error message, credit to MVP Hans-Georg
    Michna. Read through all the information before leaping into the
    Registry. Got Norton? So here you go:

    This error indicates that you are falling foul of the IRPStackSize bug.
    The problem is on the machine you are attempting to connect to, not the
    machine where you see the error message. On the computer you are
    attempting to connect to, check the event viewer for an event ID 2011.

    Usual fix : You need to fix a parameter called IRPStackSize

    On the computer you are attempting to connect to, Set the IRPStackSize
    back to the default (15 ). Perform the following steps:

    1. Start regedit.
    2. Navigate to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters.
    3. Double-click IRPStackSize (or if this registry setting doesn't
    exist, create it with type DWORD and ensure the case is correct).
    4. Change the base to decimal, set the value to 15, and click OK.
    5. Reboot the computer.

    Norton AV is usual suspect for breaking it. There's a KB article about
    this, too:

    Antivirus Software May Cause Event ID 2011 (Q177078)
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;177078

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers