    will not
    download a file with this until I know it is safe.

    Thanks
    Jer, Oct 8, 2005

  2. Jer

    old jon Guest

    "Jer" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I've recently seen a new extension on some files .emf is this okay or is
    > it a
    > virus? Has any one else seen this? If it is okay, what programs open it. I
    > will not
    > download a file with this until I know it is safe.
    >
    > Thanks

    Postscipt files. Google for `emf files` you`ll get loads of info.
    best wishes..OJ
    old jon, Oct 8, 2005

  3. Jer

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 11:19:06 GMT, old jon wrote:

    >"Jer" <> wrote in message
    >> I've recently seen a new extension on some files .emf is this okay or is
    >> it a
    >> virus? Has any one else seen this? If it is okay, what programs open it. I
    >> will not
    >> download a file with this until I know it is safe.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>

    >Postscipt files. Google for `emf files` you`ll get loads of info.
    >best wishes..OJ

    Postscript is .eps and .ps

    One use of .emf be Windows Enhanced Metafiles.

    Me
    why?, Oct 8, 2005
  4. Jer

    old jon Guest

    > On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 11:19:06 GMT, old jon wrote:
    >

    >>"Jer" <> wrote in message
    >>> I've recently seen a new extension on some files .emf is this okay or is
    >>> it a
    >>> virus? Has any one else seen this? If it is okay, what programs open it.
    >>> will not
    >>> download a file with this until I know it is safe.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>

    >>Postscipt files. Google for `emf files` you`ll get loads of info.
    >>best wishes..OJ

    > Postscript is .eps and .ps
    >
    > One use of .emf be Windows Enhanced Metafiles.
    >
    > Me

    I stand corrected, and apologise. You are right. OJ
    old jon, Oct 8, 2005
  5. Jer

    Daave Guest

    Jer wrote:
    > I've recently seen a new extension on some files .emf is this okay or
    > is it a virus? Has any one else seen this? If it is okay, what

    programs
    > open it. I will not download a file with this until I know it is safe.

    Try this:
    http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=emf&Submit3=Go!

    HTH

    Dave