new example of the silly licensing nonsense

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by sobriquet, Jan 29, 2013.

  1. sobriquet

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Friday, March 1, 2013 5:15:35 PM UTC, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
    > Whisky-dave <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 11:04:31 PM UTC, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:

    >
    > >> Whisky-dave <> wrote:

    >



    >
    >
    > For heaven's sake! Are you too darn stupid or too darn drunk
    >
    > to fix your sorry excuse for a newsreader, or do you believe
    >
    > because you use Google to post you're allowed to trample over
    >
    > *all* conventions?


    The above 4 lines have come out as 8 lines i.e a line gap between each linewhy ?


    >
    >
    >
    > Don't you see all the empty lines you have produced?


    I've seen the 4 you produced .



    > > But you said....

    >
    > > "So drunk driving and drunk posting is OK?"

    >
    >
    >
    > Yes, I did. I wondered if you were addled enough to believe
    >
    > they fit together like a hand in a glove.


    I don't think so, why should I ? and why do you keep adding extra lines ?

    >
    >
    >
    > > I said I know drunk driving is not OK, but I wasn;t aware drunk postingwas not OK. As far as I know there is no law against drunk posting, but thre is one aginst drunk driving.

    >
    > > You then brought up libel which has nothing to do with drink, in fact you're more likely to get away with libel if you are drunk.

    >
    >
    >
    > a) If you can count to 80, please do that on the chacacters of
    >
    > your line above. Tell us where you reached 80. Then tell
    >
    > us why you post lines that are longer, when the recommended
    >
    > line length is somewhere around 72 and the maximum line
    >
    > length by convention is 80.


    Most editors can line wrap nowerdays. So tell me why you keep adding extra blanks lines to every line.

    >
    >
    >
    > b) So you claim because you are drunk, you can write whatever
    >
    > you like and however you like?


    No, I said there is no law against drunk posting while there is one againstdrunk driving. The libel law isn;t concerned about the amount of alcohol present in yuor blood, while the charge iof drink driving does and that is differtn between differnt countries. So even you're tiny mind mustv relaise the definitionn of drunk is differtn between countries and individuals.


    > >> What is the point of your spurious newlines all over the

    >
    > >> posting?


    Same as you're I assume.

    >
    >
    >
    > > To seperate the individual points as you seem to think that there's a link between drunk driving and drunk posting....

    >
    >
    >
    > And they are between each line? Multiple times?


    I see no problem in such things, when reading nI notice that sometime wholeblank pages are added, ther also use paragrphs too, do you also have a problem with those ?

    >
    >
    >
    > You're not even able to make excuses one could accept even
    >
    > stoned and drunk.


    Why have you left a blank line here ?


    > >> Arson is wrong, too.

    >
    >
    >
    > > Yes it is, but warning people that there is a fire is NOT wrong.

    >
    >
    >
    > So you say arson is fine if you only do it to warn people of
    >
    > a fire?


    No, how did your 'brain' work that one out.


    > > Being labeled a fire marshall here, I do have to shout at students[1] to get out when the fire alarm sounds, nothing illegal in that.

    >
    >
    >
    > > [1] and others including a secettary who was "just going to teh toilet during the fire alarm as she didn't want to leave the building 'wanting to go to the loo'.

    >
    >
    >
    > What the hell is a "secettary"?


    Human brains are quite advanced in fact you can work out most text providedthe majoroty of it is OK, the fact that you couldn;t work it out is interesting.
    I heard the pass IQ for such things is about ~75.

    >
    >
    >
    > And you're still not allowed to lay fire just because you want
    >
    > to yell at students.


    To lay fire what do you mean by that.
    (still adding extra blank lines I see, but why)

    >Even though many arsonists gravitate
    >
    > to firemens' jobs and similar occupations.


    Didn't know that I thought they were arrested rather than given jobs in thefire service.



    > >> free speech, it's not for sale apparently."?

    >
    >
    >
    > > You seme to imply that there was a 'cost' in warning people of fire.

    >
    >
    >
    > No, I'm not a semantic component (a 'seme').


    You told me to try shouting fire in a theatre or words to that effect, not sure what planet you live on but on mine I've never seen any warning noticed about not shouting fire in a theatre. So I do not know what would happen if I did such a thing. On public transprit there are warning notices regarding what could happen if you misuse the supplied warning device(s), but nothing about shouting fire.


    >
    > And yes, there is a cost in 'warning' people of fire.


    What is the cost ?


    > > I klnow on the underground theres is a cost to using the 'pull cord' tostop the train think it's about £50 but only if you use without good reason.

    >
    >
    >
    > "klnow", is that for "kingston lounge now" on twitter, and
    >
    > what's that to do with the underground?


    Still adding the blank line I see.
    I've no idea what "kingston lounge now", but thsoe with IQs in double figures usually realise that that keys that are close together sometimes getv hit together, in fact that was one of the reasons the QWERY keyboard was invented.





    > > In fact while typing this I'm watching a student flattening a piece of aluminium with a pair of tin snipps....

    >
    > > Now I've handed him a small hammer and a piece of wood.

    >
    >
    >
    > So you're at work and on whisky at the same time?


    No.
    Are you really that stupid, no real need to answer that as I know you are, you've just proved it.
    Can't remmeber the last time I had a whisky, haven;t had one in 2013 so far..
    That's the amusing thing about my name in that I rarely drink whisky now. Ican;t rmmebr buying a bottle in the last 10 years. It's a nickname I was given in the 90s, because after 3 or 4 pints in teh pub I'd had enough and didn;t want another drink so I was always asked are you sure, and my reply was well I'll just have a short, whisky, not bells or teachers, no ice or lemon....
    So the last round of the night was pints and Dave a whisky ?
    So I got the name whisky dave. In the 80s I preferred either pernod or barcardi.


    > >> > Now what was yuor original point again, about not posting when drunk, are you drunk as you're not making much sense if you're posting sober.

    >
    >
    >
    > >> Whisky-dave, you have been aptly named.


    Correct as I didn't want another pint.


    > > How would you know that, well there's two people that called me whisky-dave going back 20+ years, but not because I got drunk on whisky, but because I didn't.

    >
    >
    >
    > Or rather, because you've developped a remarkable tolerance to
    >
    > alcohol,


    No I haven't 3 pints is enough for me this weekend I only drank 1 pint my total alchol consumption for last week was 2 pints.
    1 spitefire and the other london pride didn;t drink any other alcohol last week.


    > and you need to keep up the alcoholic intake to keep
    >
    > it. Don't let anyone from the medical field look at your liver!


    Good luck to the medical field on finding your brain, although it could be worth quite a bit being rarely used.
     
    Whisky-dave, Mar 4, 2013
    #81
    1. Advertising

  2. sobriquet

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Monday, March 4, 2013 10:39:21 PM UTC, Eric Stevens wrote:
    > On Sat, 2 Mar 2013 14:38:27 +0100, Wolfgang Weisselberg
    >
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > >[sorry for the quoted empty lines]

    >
    > >

    >
    > >Eric Stevens <> wrote:

    >
    > >> On Fri, 1 Mar 2013 18:15:35 +0100, Wolfgang Weisselberg

    >
    > >>>Whisky-dave <> wrote:

    >
    > >>>> On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 11:04:31 PM UTC, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:

    >
    > >>>>> Whisky-dave <> wrote:

    >
    > >>>>>

    >
    > >>>>> > On Saturday, February 23, 2013 11:58:00 PM UTC, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:

    >
    > >>>>>

    >
    > >>>>> >> Whisky-dave <> wrote:

    >
    > >>>>>

    >
    > >>>>> >>

    >
    > >>>>>

    >
    > >>>>> >> > On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 1:13:23 PM UTC, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:

    >
    > >>>>>

    >
    > >>>>> >>

    >
    > >>>>>

    >
    > >>>>> >> >> Whisky-dave <> wrote:

    >
    > >>>>>

    >
    > >>>>> >>

    >
    > >>>>>

    >
    > >>>>> >>

    >
    > >>>>>

    >
    > >>>>> >>

    >
    > >>>>>

    >
    > >>>>> >> >> > On Monday, February 18, 2013 4:29:30 PM UTC, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:

    >
    > >

    >
    > >>>For heaven's sake! Are you too darn stupid or too darn drunk

    >
    > >>>to fix your sorry excuse for a newsreader, or do you believe

    >
    > >>>because you use Google to post you're allowed to trample over

    >
    > >>>*all* conventions?

    >
    > >

    >
    > >>>Don't you see all the empty lines you have produced?

    >
    > >

    >
    > >> He's not the only one to do that. There are a number of people who use

    >
    > >> news readers which don't wrap lines in the articles or replies they

    >
    > >> are sending. These are the ones who keep on introducing double spaces.

    >
    > >

    >
    > >Would that be the ones who use Google's sorry excuse for

    >
    > >a newsreader?

    >
    > >

    >
    > >(I don't know about the wisdom of wrapping lines you are

    >
    > >quoting, though.)

    >
    > >

    >
    > It looks as though Whisky-Dave's newsreader doesn't wrap lines before
    >
    > sending. Yours and mine do. While all our messages claim to be Mime
    >
    > 1.0 compliant, I suspect the problem arises from the differences in
    >
    > the way his and our software handle <CR><LF> vs solitary <CR> or <LF>.
    >
    > Unfortunately I can't get into the messages to discover what is going
    >
    > on.
    >
    >
    >
    > All the extra lines seem to be added when Whisky-Dave replies to
    >
    > messages by others. However, there is one instance where he seems to
    >
    > remove a pair of extra lines. But anyway, it's all his fault. :)
    >
    > --



    As you can see as soon as I reply there's extra line feeds or CRs
    Not something I can do anything about.

    > Eric Stevens
     
    Whisky-dave, Mar 5, 2013
    #82
    1. Advertising

  3. sobriquet

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 3:10:40 PM UTC, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2013-03-05 05:24:03 -0800, Whisky-dave <> said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > As you can see as soon as I reply there's extra line feeds or CRs

    >
    > > Not something I can do anything about.

    >
    >
    >
    > Sure there is.
    >
    > 1: Report the issue to Google support, and tell them their Usenet
    >
    > client, G2/1.0 is a piece of crap!


    I'm sure google know how good/bad their service is I can;t be the only one to have this.

    >
    > 2: Start using a decent client and/or server. Even Thunderbird would be
    >
    > better, and there are other free providers.


    Have to contact systems so could take a few months as I don't have administator privileges to install such things. I didn't like thunderbird the last time I used it a few years ago, prefered MT-newswatcher.
     
    Whisky-dave, Mar 5, 2013
    #83
  4. sobriquet

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 4:37:06 PM UTC, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2013-03-05 07:47:54 -0800, Whisky-dave <> said:
    >
    >
    >
    > > On Tuesday, March 5, 2013 3:10:40 PM UTC, Savageduck wrote:

    >
    > >> On 2013-03-05 05:24:03 -0800, Whisky-dave <> said:

    >
    >
    >
    > I'll start by removing those extra CRs for you.


    Cheers for that maybe you will go to heaven after all.


    >
    > >>> As you can see as soon as I reply there's extra line feeds or CRs

    >
    > >>> Not something I can do anything about.

    >
    > >>

    >
    > >> Sure there is.

    >
    > >> 1: Report the issue to Google support, and tell them their Usenet

    >
    > >> client, G2/1.0 is a piece of crap!

    >
    > >

    >
    > > I'm sure google know how good/bad their service is I can;t be the only

    >
    > > one to have this.

    >
    >
    >
    > ...but you might be the first to bitch about it.


    Unlikely I would say, and have been told it's not google that's the problem..


    > >> 2: Start using a decent client and/or server. Even Thunderbird would be

    >
    > >> better, and there are other free providers.

    >
    > >

    >
    > > Have to contact systems so could take a few months as I don't have

    >
    > > administator privileges to install such things. I didn't like

    >
    > > thunderbird the last time I used it a few years ago, prefered

    >
    > > MT-newswatcher.

    >
    >
    >
    > As I said, "even Thunderbird is better than Google's G2/1.0".


    Maybe google will change.

    >
    > Since you have a preference for MTNW, which is a Mac only client,


    Well my prefernce was for outlook, but that doesn;lt seem to be availble anymore, well here anyway.

    > I
    >
    > have to make the assumption that you only attack Usenet when you are at
    >
    > work,


    I normally only post at work.


    > on your employer's time, using whatever machine your employer
    >
    > provides. I have a sneakin' suspicion that your employer would be none
    >
    > too happy to discover that you are spending "their time" messing about
    >
    > with Usenet & Google Groups.


    They know, in fact they asked me not to post from the college server, whichis why I went over to usingn googlemail under my own name in the first place. I guess they werne't to happy with me asking for H&S advice using my college email addresses. Especailly when they reliesed they were breaking such things, better to ignore them.
    I use unsenet for seraching for work related stuff too.
    Last year someone from another NG complained to my manager but she backed down and appologised when I explained what was going on.

    I could ask quite a poinent Q now.

    do they still want after out hours access to my lab considering a couple ofweeks ago in another lab (unsupervised by technical sfaff) a student lost most of their face in an acid explosion resulting in the need of serious skin drafting, a few other were injured too and the police turned up with guns after a report of an explosion.

    I am also allowed T-breaks a fine British tradition, but they want me to work during them, so I do work during them under the condition that n can do private things like read/post to usenet else I'll leave the lab which wil mean oneone else will have to look after the lab, the same goes for the lunch hour.


    > Do you actually have a computer of your own at home, and do you have
    >
    > internet service at home?


    yes I have a few computers at home and internet service at home and many other things I prefer doing at home, which tend to involve real people, whichis why I have little time at home for usenet, and my service provider virgin was having lots of issues, and didn't carry some of the groups I subscribed too.

    >
    > If so, that would solve many of these issues, all without involving an
    >
    > IT manager who has administrator privileges.


    I don't have a problem with googlegroups others appear to.


    anyone else here use googlegroups ?
     
    Whisky-dave, Mar 6, 2013
    #84
  5. sobriquet

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:37:33 AM UTC, Neil Ellwood wrote:
    > On Mon, 04 Mar 2013 04:57:35 -0800, Whisky-dave wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > > On Friday, March 1, 2013 5:15:35 PM UTC, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:

    >
    > >> Whisky-dave <> wrote:

    >
    > >>

    >
    > >> > On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 11:04:31 PM UTC, Wolfgang Weisselberg

    >
    > >> > wrote:

    >
    > >>

    >
    > >> >> Whisky-dave <> wrote:

    >
    > >>

    >
    > >>

    >
    > >

    >
    > >

    >
    > >>

    >
    > >> For heaven's sake! Are you too darn stupid or too darn drunk

    >
    > >>

    >
    > >> to fix your sorry excuse for a newsreader, or do you believe

    >
    > >>

    >
    > >> because you use Google to post you're allowed to trample over

    >
    > >>

    >
    > >> *all* conventions?

    >
    > >

    >
    > > The above 4 lines have come out as 8 lines i.e a line gap between each

    >
    > > line why ?

    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > In the copy direct from Wolfgang the lines were all together (no gap
    >
    > between lines) Have you checked what your newsreader is doing?


    What do you mean by what it is doing ?
    And how can I check such things.
     
    Whisky-dave, Mar 6, 2013
    #85
  6. sobriquet

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 1:28:17 PM UTC, Whisky-dave wrote:
    > On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:37:33 AM UTC, Neil Ellwood wrote:


    > > In the copy direct from Wolfgang the lines were all together (no gap

    >
    > >

    >
    > > between lines) Have you checked what your newsreader is doing?

    >
    >
    >
    > What do you mean by what it is doing ?
    >
    > And how can I check such things.


    On reading my post I see single lines on replying it gives the extra line, what is there to check?
     
    Whisky-dave, Mar 6, 2013
    #86
  7. [fixed the newlines again. Which is not needed with most
    other posters!]
    Whisky-dave <> wrote:

    > On Friday, March 1, 2013 5:15:35 PM UTC, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
    >> Whisky-dave <> wrote:
    >> > On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 11:04:31 PM UTC, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
    >> >> Whisky-dave <> wrote:


    >> For heaven's sake! Are you too darn stupid or too darn drunk
    >> to fix your sorry excuse for a newsreader, or do you believe
    >> because you use Google to post you're allowed to trample over
    >> *all* conventions?


    > The above 4 lines have come out as 8 lines i.e a line gap between each line why ?


    Because your sorry excuse for a newsreader is broken or at
    least badly misconfigured. Go look in Google Groups!

    >> Don't you see all the empty lines you have produced?


    > I've seen the 4 you produced .


    Yep, blame it on the messenger!

    >> > But you said....
    >> > "So drunk driving and drunk posting is OK?"


    >> Yes, I did. I wondered if you were addled enough to believe
    >> they fit together like a hand in a glove.


    > I don't think so, why should I ?


    If it's not alcohol - which drugs are responsible?

    > and why do you keep adding extra lines ?


    Have you stopped beating your wife?


    >> > I said I know drunk driving is not OK, but I wasn;t aware drunk posting was not OK. As far as I know there is no law against drunk posting, but thre is one aginst drunk driving.


    >> > You then brought up libel which has nothing to do with drink, in fact you're more likely to get away with libel if you are drunk.


    >> a) If you can count to 80, please do that on the chacacters of
    >> your line above. Tell us where you reached 80. Then tell
    >> us why you post lines that are longer, when the recommended
    >> line length is somewhere around 72 and the maximum line
    >> length by convention is 80.


    > Most editors can line wrap nowerdays.


    So why doesn't your editor wrap the lines as recommended?

    > So tell me why you keep adding extra blanks lines to every line.


    Have you stopped beating your wife?


    >> b) So you claim because you are drunk, you can write whatever
    >> you like and however you like?


    > No, I said there is no law against drunk posting while there is one against drunk driving. The libel law isn;t concerned about the amount of alcohol present in yuor blood, while the charge iof drink driving does and that is differtn between differnt countries. So even you're tiny mind mustv relaise the definitionn of drunk is differtn between countries and individuals.


    There's a definition for being drunk for individuals.
    There's NO definition for being drunk for countries.

    So at least --- even if you're too drunk again to use a
    spellchecker --- you're right in this last point.


    >> >> What is the point of your spurious newlines all over the
    >> >> posting?


    > Same as you're I assume.


    Same as me is you assume? English is not your first, second
    or third language?

    >> > To seperate the individual points as you seem to think that there's a link between drunk driving and drunk posting....


    >> And they are between each line? Multiple times?


    > I see no problem in such things, when reading nI notice that sometime whole blank pages are added, ther also use paragrphs too, do you also have a problem with those ?


    Please repeat that sentence when you're sobered up enough to
    make sense.

    >> You're not even able to make excuses one could accept even
    >> stoned and drunk.


    > Why have you left a blank line here ?


    Go look up the original in Google Groups. Look at the
    original post. I expect an apology.

    >> >> Arson is wrong, too.


    >> > Yes it is, but warning people that there is a fire is NOT wrong.


    >> So you say arson is fine if you only do it to warn people of
    >> a fire?


    > No, how did your 'brain' work that one out.


    You keep wanting to shout "fire" in a crowded theatre.


    >> > Being labeled a fire marshall here, I do have to shout at students[1] to get out when the fire alarm sounds, nothing illegal in that.


    >> > [1] and others including a secettary who was "just going to teh toilet during the fire alarm as she didn't want to leave the building 'wanting to go to the loo'.


    >> What the hell is a "secettary"?


    > Human brains are quite advanced in fact you can work out most text provided the majoroty of it is OK, the fact that you couldn;t work it out is interesting.
    > I heard the pass IQ for such things is about ~75.


    Wh[sCeyIave} D-u arb a comple~e idiot.8 You age not
    e0Lngcbleo:r willing to usr1a-spelqBhecker; houever[th1K!lcessary
    inDelligence q#o(ient fo\ 0siig such ' toou 0s nbout
    sveKt3-five, too|

    Easy to read, right? You prefer that format, don't you?

    >> And you're still not allowed to lay fire just because you want
    >> to yell at students.


    > To lay fire what do you mean by that.


    The intelligence quotient to understand that is about ~75.

    > (still adding extra blank lines I see, but why)


    You are imagining things.


    >>Even though many arsonists gravitate
    >> to firemens' jobs and similar occupations.


    > Didn't know that I thought they were arrested rather than given jobs in the fire service.


    They are arrested *after* being suspected of arson.

    >> >> free speech, it's not for sale apparently."?


    >> > You seme to imply that there was a 'cost' in warning people of fire.


    >> No, I'm not a semantic component (a 'seme').


    > You told me to try shouting fire in a theatre or words to that effect, not sure what planet you live on but on mine I've never seen any warning noticed about not shouting fire in a theatre. So I do not know what would happen if I did such a thing. On public transprit there are warning notices regarding what could happen if you misuse the supplied warning device(s), but nothing about shouting fire.


    So do try it. Go ahead. You might learn something new.


    >> And yes, there is a cost in 'warning' people of fire.


    > What is the cost ?


    Try it and let your assigned counsel explain it to you.


    >> > I klnow on the underground theres is a cost to using the 'pull cord' to stop the train think it's about £50 but only if you use without good reason.


    >> "klnow", is that for "kingston lounge now" on twitter, and
    >> what's that to do with the underground?


    > Still adding the blank line I see.


    Still beating your wife I see.

    > I've no idea what "kingston lounge now", but thsoe with IQs in double figures usually realise that that keys that are close together sometimes getv hit together, in fact that was one of the reasons the QWERY keyboard was invented.


    The QUERY keyboard? Is that an ouija board for SQL? Or is
    that a board where the keys for the hotel rooms hang on,
    which you only get when you ask for them?

    BTW, do you know what a spell checker is for?

    >> > In fact while typing this I'm watching a student flattening a piece of aluminium with a pair of tin snipps....
    >> > Now I've handed him a small hammer and a piece of wood.


    >> So you're at work and on whisky at the same time?


    > No.


    So you get drunk on bourbon while at work?

    > Are you really that stupid, no real need to answer that as I know you are, you've just proved it.


    It's obvious from your atrocious spelling that you are
    under influence. It's also obvious from some of your other
    posts that you *can* spell, so there are sober phases.
    And you watching and helping the students while posting and
    you yelling at students for work shows that you are at work.
    While under influence. So indeed, there's no real need to
    answer that, but I wanted to allow you to come clean yourself.


    >> >> > Now what was yuor original point again, about not posting when drunk, are you drunk as you're not making much sense if you're posting sober.


    >> >> Whisky-dave, you have been aptly named.


    > Correct as I didn't want another pint.


    .... of whisky.


    >> > How would you know that, well there's two people that called me whisky-dave going back 20+ years, but not because I got drunk on whisky, but because I didn't.


    >> Or rather, because you've developped a remarkable tolerance to
    >> alcohol,


    > No I haven't 3 pints is enough for me this weekend I only drank 1 pint my total alchol consumption for last week was 2 pints.
    > 1 spitefire and the other london pride didn;t drink any other alcohol last week.


    So you are on other drugs?

    >> and you need to keep up the alcoholic intake to keep
    >> it. Don't let anyone from the medical field look at your liver!


    > Good luck to the medical field on finding your brain, although it could be worth quite a bit being rarely used.


    Well, your's is pickled.

    -Wolfgang
     
    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Mar 9, 2013
    #87
  8. Eric Stevens <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 2 Mar 2013 14:38:27 +0100, Wolfgang Weisselberg


    >>[sorry for the quoted empty lines]


    >>Eric Stevens <> wrote:
    >>> On Fri, 1 Mar 2013 18:15:35 +0100, Wolfgang Weisselberg
    >>>>Whisky-dave <> wrote:
    >>>>> On Tuesday, February 26, 2013 11:04:31 PM UTC, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
    >>>>>> Whisky-dave <> wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> > On Saturday, February 23, 2013 11:58:00 PM UTC, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> >> Whisky-dave <> wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> >>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> >> > On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 1:13:23 PM UTC, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> >>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> >> >> Whisky-dave <> wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> >>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> >>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> >>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> >> >> > On Monday, February 18, 2013 4:29:30 PM UTC, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:


    >>>>For heaven's sake! Are you too darn stupid or too darn drunk
    >>>>to fix your sorry excuse for a newsreader, or do you believe
    >>>>because you use Google to post you're allowed to trample over
    >>>>*all* conventions?


    >>>>Don't you see all the empty lines you have produced?


    >>> He's not the only one to do that. There are a number of people who use
    >>> news readers which don't wrap lines in the articles or replies they
    >>> are sending. These are the ones who keep on introducing double spaces.


    >>Would that be the ones who use Google's sorry excuse for
    >>a newsreader?


    >>(I don't know about the wisdom of wrapping lines you are
    >>quoting, though.)


    > It looks as though Whisky-Dave's newsreader doesn't wrap lines before
    > sending.


    You need to write 'newsreader' with quotes in his case.

    > Yours and mine do.


    Actually, no. I let my editor wrap the lines I write; this
    way I have complete control and don't get long URLs wrapped
    when I don't want that.

    > While all our messages claim to be Mime
    > 1.0 compliant, I suspect the problem arises from the differences in
    > the way his and our software handle <CR><LF> vs solitary <CR> or <LF>.


    That may be, however CRLF is correct and needs to be handled
    correctly.


    > All the extra lines seem to be added when Whisky-Dave replies to
    > messages by others. However, there is one instance where he seems to
    > remove a pair of extra lines. But anyway, it's all his fault. :)


    Of course it's his fault. Same as if you drive an unsafe car
    and have an accident.


    -Wolfgang
     
    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Mar 9, 2013
    #88
  9. sobriquet

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Saturday, March 9, 2013 9:59:32 AM UTC, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
    > [fixed the newlines again. Which is not needed with most
    >
    > other posters!]
    >


    or so you say.



    > Because your sorry excuse for a newsreader is broken or at
    >
    > least badly misconfigured. Go look in Google Groups!


    look for what exactly ?
    If you're the genius you think you are you can tell me how to fix this and google.


    > Yep, blame it on the messenger!


    You're blaming the post for googles problems.



    > > I don't think so, why should I ?

    >
    >
    >
    > If it's not alcohol - which drugs are responsible?


    You tell me you're the one having the problems, most inteligent people don't have such problems.


    > > and why do you keep adding extra lines ?

    >
    >
    >
    > Have you stopped beating your wife?


    A rather stupid question isn;t it ?
    Why do you still beat yours ?



    > > Most editors can line wrap nowerdays.

    >
    >
    >
    > So why doesn't your editor wrap the lines as recommended?


    Ask google,



    > > So tell me why you keep adding extra blanks lines to every line.

    >
    >
    >
    > Have you stopped beating your wife?


    Is this a strange echo or is your newsreader dupl;icating lines ?
    or is it you just repeating yourself, maybe it's yuo that should be on drugs, you do seem to have problems.


    > >> b) So you claim because you are drunk, you can write whatever

    >
    > >> you like and however you like?

    >
    >
    >
    > > No, I said there is no law against drunk posting while there is one against drunk driving. The libel law isn;t concerned about the amount of alcohol present in yuor blood, while the charge iof drink driving does and that is differtn between differnt countries. So even you're tiny mind mustv relaise the definitionn of drunk is differtn between countries and individuals.


    >
    > There's a definition for being drunk for individuals.


    What are you talking about.... are yuo drunk or on drugs ?

    >
    > There's NO definition for being drunk for countries.


    Not for countries but differncies between the definition of drunk for differnt countries.

    >
    >
    >
    > So at least --- even if you're too drunk again to use a
    >
    > spellchecker --- you're right in this last point.


    I'm right at every point.
     
    Whisky-dave, Mar 11, 2013
    #89
  10. Whisky-dave <> wrote:
    [inane stuff, ignoring context, etc.]

    It's unfair to continue this discussion, you've completely
    disarmed yourself for a battle of wits.

    Just do what I say: check your meds, lay off the drugs, don't
    use Google for Usenet, do use a spellchecker --- and all will
    be better.

    -Wolfgang
     
    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Mar 12, 2013
    #90
  11. sobriquet

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 12:52:40 PM UTC, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
    > Whisky-dave <> wrote:
    >
    > [inane stuff, ignoring context, etc.]
    >
    >
    >
    > It's unfair to continue this discussion, you've completely
    >
    > disarmed yourself for a battle of wits.


    How have I disarmed myself ?

    If you can't cope with answering simple questions about yuor statements don;t come out with them.


    > Just do what I say: check your meds, lay off the drugs, don't
    >
    > use Google for Usenet, do use a spellchecker --- and all will
    >
    > be better.


    I'll use whatever software I want, never tell a fire marshel they arent; allowed to shout fire and stop having sex with your siblings and maybe things will be better.
     
    Whisky-dave, Mar 13, 2013
    #91
  12. Whisky-dave <> wrote:
    > On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 12:52:40 PM UTC, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
    >> Whisky-dave <> wrote:


    >> [inane stuff, ignoring context, etc.]


    >> It's unfair to continue this discussion, you've completely
    >> disarmed yourself for a battle of wits.


    > How have I disarmed myself ?


    Silly me. You never *were* armed, were you?
    Please accept my apologies for not seeing this earlier.

    > If you can't cope with answering simple questions about yuor statements don;t come out with them.


    Have you finally found out that *you* are the one to add
    spurious empty lines and *I* am the one who removes yours most
    of the time?


    >> Just do what I say: check your meds, lay off the drugs, don't
    >> use Google for Usenet, do use a spellchecker --- and all will
    >> be better.


    > I'll use whatever software I want,


    Fine, you insist on behaving like a spoiled brat and having
    no manners ...

    .... then I'll insist on plonking you.


    > and stop having sex with your siblings


    Why should I even start? You're all the warning even a
    70-IQ-moron needs of what comes out of such a perversion!


    *PLONK*

    -Wolfgang
     
    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Mar 14, 2013
    #92
  13. sobriquet

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Thursday, March 14, 2013 12:41:29 PM UTC, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
    > Whisky-dave <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 12:52:40 PM UTC, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:

    >
    > >> Whisky-dave <> wrote:

    >
    >
    >
    > >> [inane stuff, ignoring context, etc.]

    >
    >
    >
    > >> It's unfair to continue this discussion, you've completely

    >
    > >> disarmed yourself for a battle of wits.

    >
    >
    >
    > > How have I disarmed myself ?

    >
    >
    >
    > Silly me.


    Exactly,

    > You never *were* armed, were you?


    No, well not since being under 10 when I had a tyo gunm and I cosidered myself armed. Hasn't happened to be since.

    >
    > Please accept my apologies for not seeing this earlier.


    OK appology accepted.

    >
    >
    >
    > > If you can't cope with answering simple questions about yuor statements don;t come out with them.

    >
    >
    >
    > Have you finally found out that *you* are the one to add
    >
    > spurious empty lines and *I* am the one who removes yours most
    >
    > of the time?


    No I don't add them.

    But you're the one that's telling a fire marshal that I shouldn't shout fire, why do you think that ?

    > >> Just do what I say: check your meds, lay off the drugs, don't

    >
    > >> use Google for Usenet, do use a spellchecker --- and all will

    >
    > >> be better.

    >
    >
    >
    > > I'll use whatever software I want,

    >
    >
    >
    > Fine,


    Good at least we agree on that.

    >you insist on behaving like a spoiled brat and having
    >
    > no manners ...


    So thois ethat use google groups have no manners is that your point ?



    > ... then I'll insist on plonking you.


    That's such a shame, oh if only suicide was legal I could end it all now
    rather than the disapointment of you not replying to my posts.
    Nort sure how I'll manage to go on in life.


    >
    > > and stop having sex with your siblings

    >
    >
    >
    > Why should I even start? You're all the warning even a
    >
    > 70-IQ-moron needs of what comes out of such a perversion!


    Sorry can't quite understand what yuo are saying above.

    What does "You're all the warning even...." suppose to mean.
     
    Whisky-dave, Mar 14, 2013
    #93
  14. Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    > On 2013-03-14 06:37:09 -0700, Whisky-dave <> said:


    >> No, well not since being under 10 when I had a tyo gunm and I cosidered
    >> myself armed. Hasn't happened to be since.


    > WTF is a "tyo gunm", some sort of Swedish cognitive disorder?


    It has to do something with co-side-ring, or co-side-red.

    -Wolfgang
     
    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Mar 15, 2013
    #94
  15. sobriquet

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:20:55 PM UTC, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2013-03-14 06:37:09 -0700, Whisky-dave <> said:
    >
    > >

    >
    > > No, well not since being under 10 when I had a tyo gunm and I cosidered

    >
    > > myself armed. Hasn't happened to be since.

    >
    >
    >
    > WTF is a "tyo gunm", some sort of Swedish cognitive disorder?


    I guess it could be, maybe it's me but can't work out why it's so difficult to understand, when everyone knows I make typos.

    lets see what possible word could be made from tyo ? yto, whayt could I possibley have owed at the age of 10 with the letters oyt a yot.
    That's one of those posh boats isn't it.
    Maybe not as I spell yacht but I usually pronounce it as yot.

    So what others things might a 10 year old have it's a Toy. :)

    Now lets work out the other word.

    gunm in reference to being armed... I can understand why those born in Britian might think it's gum as kids do have gum, 10 year olds too.
    Could be mug I guess an armed mug of tea perhaps, couild be quite threatening maybe that's why americans have this right to bare arms although I'm not sure how wearing T-shirts helps, but we'll continue trying to workm this one out.
    I had a bit of practice last night visiting my mother in hospital who had a minor stroke we were doing a crossword and even she at 82 could manage 3 and 4 letter words.
    well I've got some demos to attend so better end this pretty quick.

    It's toy gun notice how close the nm are on most keyboards, and that armed and guns go together quite well especially in america.
     
    Whisky-dave, Mar 15, 2013
    #95
  16. sobriquet

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Friday, March 15, 2013 11:17:10 AM UTC, Wolfgang Weisselberg wrote:
    > Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >
    > > On 2013-03-14 06:37:09 -0700, Whisky-dave <> said:

    >
    >
    >
    > >> No, well not since being under 10 when I had a tyo gunm and I cosidered

    >
    > >> myself armed. Hasn't happened to be since.

    >
    >
    >
    > > WTF is a "tyo gunm", some sort of Swedish cognitive disorder?

    >
    >
    >
    > It has to do something with co-side-ring, or co-side-red.


    I suprised you haven't something witty <cough> to link me with the following; drinking, camra, and digital photography, slipping up a little are you ?
     
    Whisky-dave, Mar 15, 2013
    #96
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Sasha Y. Gupta

    Tired of Nonsense

    Sasha Y. Gupta, Jul 14, 2004, in forum: MCSE
    Replies:
    26
    Views:
    959
    Politician Spock
    Jul 15, 2004
  2. Dan Welch

    Why the nonsense in spam emails?

    Dan Welch, Oct 6, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,678
    Mike0000
    Oct 8, 2003
  3. David, the fen-sucked, staring flyswatter

    virus nonsense

    David, the fen-sucked, staring flyswatter, Jul 5, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    16
    Views:
    771
    Blinky the Shark
    Jul 6, 2004
  4. Gordon
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    465
    Gordon
    Mar 17, 2005
  5. Gerry Wolf

    try again, hopefully without the nonsense

    Gerry Wolf, May 20, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    523
Loading...

Share This Page