new ewido.. scan results..odd

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by ellis_jay, Jul 5, 2005.

  1. ellis_jay

    ellis_jay Guest

    Uninstalled ewido because I couold not connect to the update. Server busy
    perhaps. So I uninstalled and deleted then downloade new version of Ewido.
    No problem. Now it scanned and says that:

    C:\programFiles\grisoft\avgfree\avgemc.exe is "Infection Win32.dialer".
    This is avg's email scanner. I woould just leave it alone and let it scan.
    I assume this is a false positive on Ewido's part, eh? Google says nothing
    about this.

    In addition Ewido reports that:
    C:\ProgramFiles\Hewlett-Packard\memories disc\hpodlog.exe is "Infection
    Heuristic.Win32.Hijacker1 ". Google says nothing about this. Anyone know
    if this is a false positive?

    tia

    --

    Their ethics are a short summary of police ordinances: for them the most
    important thing is to be a useful member of the state, and to air their

    Ellis_jay

    ellis_jay, Jul 5, 2005