    Error Code: -12263

    This is absolutely repeatable.

    Anyone have any ideas?

    Bill, Oct 30, 2006

  2. Bill wrote:
    > I have been using FireFox for since 0.9. I t has been great. I upgraded
    > to 2.0 last week and have been getting error messages on web sites that
    > I have accessed error free for close to 2 years.
    >
    > One of the errors is:
    >
    > ssl.google-analytics.com has sent an incorrect or unexpected message.
    > Error Code: -12263
    >
    > This is absolutely repeatable.
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas?

    Not at all, no ideas.

    You really have to post links to sites that produce the problem, so we
    can try to reproduce it. Extracting google-analytics.com from your error
    message just brings up Google.

    lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 30, 2006

  3. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Bill wrote:
    >> I have been using FireFox for since 0.9. I t has been great. I
    >> upgraded to 2.0 last week and have been getting error messages on web
    >> sites that I have accessed error free for close to 2 years.
    >>
    >> One of the errors is:
    >>
    >> ssl.google-analytics.com has sent an incorrect or unexpected message.
    >> Error Code: -12263
    >>
    >> This is absolutely repeatable.
    >>
    >> Anyone have any ideas?

    > Not at all, no ideas.
    >
    > You really have to post links to sites that produce the problem, so we
    > can try to reproduce it. Extracting google-analytics.com from your error
    > message just brings up Google.
    >
    > lee

    sorry...I should have thought of that.

    One site requires an account and login but I found that it also occurs here:

    http://www.csmonitor.com/

    Bill

    Bill, Oct 30, 2006
  4. Bill wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Bill wrote:
    >>> I have been using FireFox for since 0.9. I t has been great. I
    >>> upgraded to 2.0 last week and have been getting error messages on web
    >>> sites that I have accessed error free for close to 2 years.
    >>>
    >>> One of the errors is:
    >>>
    >>> ssl.google-analytics.com has sent an incorrect or unexpected message.
    >>> Error Code: -12263
    >>>
    >>> This is absolutely repeatable.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone have any ideas?

    >> Not at all, no ideas.
    >>
    >> You really have to post links to sites that produce the problem, so we
    >> can try to reproduce it. Extracting google-analytics.com from your
    >> error message just brings up Google.
    >>
    >> lee

    > sorry...I should have thought of that.
    >
    > One site requires an account and login but I found that it also occurs
    > here:
    >
    > http://www.csmonitor.com/
    >
    > Bill

    Heck, I go there frequently. Pops right up in 2.0.

    From the error message, do you have any Google related extensions
    installed?

    If so disable them and test.

    If that doesn't do it, try safe mode:

    Start>>Programs>>Mozilla Firefox (or Thunderbird)>>Mozilla
    Firefox/Thunderbird (Safe Mode)

    and test.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 30, 2006
  5. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Bill wrote:

    >>> Not at all, no ideas.
    >>>
    >>> You really have to post links to sites that produce the problem, so
    >>> we can try to reproduce it. Extracting google-analytics.com from your
    >>> error message just brings up Google.
    >>>
    >>> lee

    >> sorry...I should have thought of that.
    >>
    >> One site requires an account and login but I found that it also occurs
    >> here:
    >>
    >> http://www.csmonitor.com/
    >>
    >> Bill

    > Heck, I go there frequently. Pops right up in 2.0.
    >
    > From the error message, do you have any Google related extensions
    > installed?
    >
    > If so disable them and test.
    >
    > If that doesn't do it, try safe mode:
    >
    > Start>>Programs>>Mozilla Firefox (or Thunderbird)>>Mozilla
    > Firefox/Thunderbird (Safe Mode)
    >
    > and test.
    >
    > Lee

    Lee

    I just tried that. Still get the error. When I view the Page Source, I
    see this line in a Java script:

    src="https://ssl.google-analytics.com/urchin.js"

    Apparently, it is a way for Google to track the pages that you visit.
    Must be something strange with my install. Maybe I'll uninstall and
    reinstall Fire Fox.

    Bill

    Bill, Oct 30, 2006
  6. Bill wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Bill wrote:

    >>> sorry...I should have thought of that.
    >>>
    >>> One site requires an account and login but I found that it also
    >>> occurs here:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.csmonitor.com/
    >>>
    >>> Bill

    >> Heck, I go there frequently. Pops right up in 2.0.
    >>
    >> From the error message, do you have any Google related extensions
    >> installed?
    >>
    >> If so disable them and test.
    >>
    >> If that doesn't do it, try safe mode:
    >>
    >> Start>>Programs>>Mozilla Firefox (or Thunderbird)>>Mozilla
    >> Firefox/Thunderbird (Safe Mode)
    >>
    >> and test.
    >>
    >> Lee

    > Lee
    >
    > I just tried that. Still get the error. When I view the Page Source, I
    > see this line in a Java script:
    >
    > src="https://ssl.google-analytics.com/urchin.js"
    >
    > Apparently, it is a way for Google to track the pages that you visit.
    > Must be something strange with my install. Maybe I'll uninstall and
    > reinstall Fire Fox.
    >
    > Bill

    I doubt that an uninstall/reinstall is going to help.

    Take a look at:

    Tools>>Options>>Security

    Is the box for Tell me if this site is a suspected forgery checked? Is
    Check by asking Google selected?

    I don't think that's it either, but its worth checking.

    If that doesn't help, try creating a new profile and testing.

    To open Firefox's Profile Manager, click Start>>>Run, type firefox.exe
    -p in the field, and click OK. Note the space after exe, it is important.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 30, 2006
  7. Bill

    Guest

    I got the same problem.
    I visit a internal web site, which use an expired cert. But I can run
    in IE and Firefox 1.5

    Bill wrote:
    > I have been using FireFox for since 0.9. I t has been great. I upgraded
    > to 2.0 last week and have been getting error messages on web sites that
    > I have accessed error free for close to 2 years.
    >
    > One of the errors is:
    >
    > ssl.google-analytics.com has sent an incorrect or unexpected message.
    > Error Code: -12263
    >
    > This is absolutely repeatable.
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas?

    , Nov 1, 2006
  8. Bill

    pdblahut Guest

    Has anyone figured out a solution to this problem yet?

    My cousin is experiencing it on his computer, but it works fine on my.
    Both are Firefox 2.0

    pdblahut, Nov 16, 2006
  9. pdblahut wrote:
    > Has anyone figured out a solution to this problem yet?
    >
    > My cousin is experiencing it on his computer, but it works fine on my.
    > Both are Firefox 2.0
    >

    > wrote:
    >> I got the same problem.
    >> I visit a internal web site, which use an expired cert. But I can run
    >> in IE and Firefox 1.5
    >>

    >> Bill wrote:
    >>> I have been using FireFox for since 0.9. I t has been great. I upgraded
    >>> to 2.0 last week and have been getting error messages on web sites that
    >>> I have accessed error free for close to 2 years.
    >>>
    >>> One of the errors is:
    >>>
    >>> ssl.google-analytics.com has sent an incorrect or unexpected message.
    >>> Error Code: -12263
    >>>
    >>> This is absolutely repeatable.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone have any ideas?

    Well if you provide the web page on which you get the error perahaps we
    could test it.

    is he using the Google bar, does he get the problem if the Google Bar is
    disabled?

    Mozilla Champion (Dan), Nov 16, 2006
  10. I get the popup every 10 seconds or so when I log into Gmail. It
    started happening a little after thanksgiving. I don't get the error
    on my other machines, just this win2k one. I doubt the OS makes a
    difference though...

    Also, I log into gmail using https:\\ not http. I don't get this
    error when logging into other https pages (my bank, online shopping
    sites, etc.)

    Jared McQueen, Nov 28, 2006
  11. Bill

    Guest

    I only came across this error today, after using 2.0 for over a month.
    And I have visited https sites every day. Now, I get this 12263 error
    message on a site I visit multiple times every day. For 5 minutes, I
    kept getting this error, but now it works fine. I didn't change any
    preferences or options or anything. So why would it not work from one
    moment to the next?

    Jared McQueen wrote:
    > I get the popup every 10 seconds or so when I log into Gmail. It
    > started happening a little after thanksgiving. I don't get the error
    > on my other machines, just this win2k one. I doubt the OS makes a
    > difference though...
    >
    > Also, I log into gmail using https:\\ not http. I don't get this
    > error when logging into other https pages (my bank, online shopping
    > sites, etc.)

    , Jan 21, 2007
  12. schrieb:
    > I only came across this error today, after using 2.0 for over a month.
    > And I have visited https sites every day. Now, I get this 12263 error
    > message on a site I visit multiple times every day. For 5 minutes, I
    > kept getting this error, but now it works fine. I didn't change any
    > preferences or options or anything. So why would it not work from one
    > moment to the next?
    >
    > Jared McQueen wrote:
    >> I get the popup every 10 seconds or so when I log into Gmail. It
    >> started happening a little after thanksgiving. I don't get the error
    >> on my other machines, just this win2k one. I doubt the OS makes a
    >> difference though...
    >>
    >> Also, I log into gmail using https:\\ not http. I don't get this
    >> error when logging into other https pages (my bank, online shopping
    >> sites, etc.)

    Hi Folks,

    i found the problem. One of my sites had it too.
    The Problem occurs, when the icon ressource cannot be found, e.g.:
    <link rel="shortcut icon" aref="http://www.premium-scheidung.com/cs.ico"/>

    on my site, the link to the icon ressource pointed to the wrong site.
    there was an error in the link. The Internet-Explorer ignored it, but
    the Firefox 2.0 offered the "Error 12263" each time a page was loaded.
    As is fixed the link, the error disappeared.

    regards

    markus knigge
    germany

    Markus Knigge, Feb 1, 2007
  13. Bill

    schoppe

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    the error 12263

    I got a possible explaination to the problem with firefox 2 and error code -12263

    In the hostfile I have blocked several counters by redirecting them to
    my local mashine

    --- cut from my hostfile
    127.0.0.1 c8.statcounter.com #[McAfee.Cookie-Statcounter]
    # 127.0.0.1 c10.statcounter.com
    127.0.0.1 c11.statcounter.com #[Ewido.TrackingCookie.Statcounter]
    --- end cut

    After commenting the actual line the problem disappeared

    Earlier versions of firefox did not produce errors, at least I did not notice them

    Most of these redirections has the goal to avoid banners, adertising, spyware and other malware.

    schoppe, Apr 25, 2007
  14. Bill

    hkatz93

    Joined:
    May 15, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    More insight into error -12263

    After doing a Google serach on:
    error code "-12263" I came up with the following:
    http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss/ref/ssl/sslerr.html
    Constant: SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG
    "SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length."

    -12263

    This generally indicates that the remote peer system has a flawed implementation of SSL, and is violating the SSL specification.

    I was able to reproduce this error on my own website after adding the following lines

    NameVirtualHost *:443
    <VirtualHost *:443>
    </VirtualHost>

    So appearently I messed up the SSL somehow since this error only happened after I put this into my apache configuration.

    hkatz93, May 15, 2007