    Still can't get the system to save the settings. So far they haven't been
    saved even once since I activated. At least before they worked about 50% of
    the time.

    John Barnes, Jun 18, 2005

  2. Run the Add Hardware wizard for the particular device thats bugging you from
    Control Panel and if the device is not detected, it will ask you at the end
    of the wizard if you would like to get the prompt everytime you start
    Windows or something in that respect.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 18, 2005

  3. John Barnes

    John Barnes Guest

    Thanks.

    John Barnes, Jun 18, 2005
  4. John Barnes <> wrote:
    > Since I activated the system yesterday, it has started showing the
    > install new equipment pop-ups every time I log on. Didn't do it
    > before, just showed up with ? in the Device Manager. How can I stop
    > these as I have equipment attached that I use on my x86 system I
    > don't want to unplug them each time. Still can't get the system to
    > save the settings. So far they haven't been saved even once since I
    > activated. At least before they worked about 50% of the time.

    I have a similar problem with Activsync and my PocketPC. No way to have the
    pc to remember the settings, have to start again and again...
    The last activsync 4 doesn't help

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa