    printing black-white, gets rid of the metamerism and bronzing issues
    .... similar pricing to the current models they are replacing.

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, May 6, 2005

  2. Bill Hilton

    deryck lant Guest

    The message <>
    from "Bill Hilton" <> contains these words:

    > Epson is supposedly announcing a new inkset and replacement printers
    > for the current 9600, 7600, 4000 and 2200 models. This was mentioned,
    > perhaps by mistake, in the latest issue of Shutterbug (June 05). The
    > new ones are supposedly the 9800, 7800, 4800 and 2400 (44", 24", 17"
    > and 13" wide respectively).

    > Longer print life (200-300 years), wider gamut, special support for
    > printing black-white, gets rid of the metamerism and bronzing issues
    > .... similar pricing to the current models they are replacing.

    Thanks for the info. I was thinking seriously about the new HP Designjet
    90 - but now I'll wait and see what the 4800 is like.

    Deryck

    deryck lant, May 6, 2005

  3. Bill Hilton

    Jim Waggener Guest

    "Bill Hilton" <> wrote in message
    > Epson is supposedly announcing a new inkset and replacement printers
    > for the current 9600, 7600, 4000 and 2200 models. This was mentioned,
    > perhaps by mistake, in the latest issue of Shutterbug (June 05). The
    > new ones are supposedly the 9800, 7800, 4800 and 2400 (44", 24", 17"
    > and 13" wide respectively).
    >
    > Longer print life (200-300 years), wider gamut, special support for
    > printing black-white, gets rid of the metamerism and bronzing issues
    > ... similar pricing to the current models they are replacing.
    >
    > Bill

    I wonder if you be able to use both matte black and photo black without a
    line flush. Like the 4000.

    Jim

    Jim Waggener, May 8, 2005
  4. Bill Hilton

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >Jim Waggener writes
    >
    >I wonder if you be able to use both matte black and photo black
    >without a line flush. Like the 4000.

    I would sure hope so since that's a big advantage of the 4000 but it
    wasn't clear in the article ... here's the exact quote where they talk
    about the ink set ... "These printers using the K3 inks will now have a
    new eight-color pigment ink set, including photo or matte black, a
    light black and light, light black plus cyan, magenta, yellow, light
    cyan and light magenta inks."

    So basically adding "light, light black", which makes it easier to
    print neutral black-whites in a special mode.

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, May 8, 2005
  5. Bill Hilton

    deryck lant Guest

    The message <427e5e4e$1_1@127.0.0.1>
    from "Jim Waggener" <> contains these words:

    > "Bill Hilton" <> wrote in message
    > > Epson is supposedly announcing a new inkset and replacement printers
    > > for the current 9600, 7600, 4000 and 2200 models. This was mentioned,
    > > perhaps by mistake, in the latest issue of Shutterbug (June 05). The
    > > new ones are supposedly the 9800, 7800, 4800 and 2400 (44", 24", 17"
    > > and 13" wide respectively).
    > >
    > > Longer print life (200-300 years), wider gamut, special support for
    > > printing black-white, gets rid of the metamerism and bronzing issues
    > > ... similar pricing to the current models they are replacing.
    > >
    > > Bill

    > I wonder if you be able to use both matte black and photo black without a
    > line flush. Like the 4000.

    In the new 4800 as you have light light black you can only have matte
    black or photo black fitted. A retrograde step.

    http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/epson4800.html

    More on the other new Epsons:

    http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/epson9700.html

    Deryck

    deryck lant, May 9, 2005
  6. Bill Hilton

    deryck lant Guest

    The message <>
    from deryck lant <> contains these words:

    > The message <427e5e4e$1_1@127.0.0.1>
    > from "Jim Waggener" <> contains these words:

    > > "Bill Hilton" <> wrote in message
    > > > Epson is supposedly announcing a new inkset and replacement printers
    > > > for the current 9600, 7600, 4000 and 2200 models. This was mentioned,
    > > > perhaps by mistake, in the latest issue of Shutterbug (June 05). The
    > > > new ones are supposedly the 9800, 7800, 4800 and 2400 (44", 24", 17"
    > > > and 13" wide respectively).
    > > >
    > > > Longer print life (200-300 years), wider gamut, special support for
    > > > printing black-white, gets rid of the metamerism and bronzing issues
    > > > ... similar pricing to the current models they are replacing.
    > > >
    > > > Bill

    > > I wonder if you be able to use both matte black and photo black without a
    > > line flush. Like the 4000.

    > In the new 4800 as you have light light black you can only have matte
    > black or photo black fitted. A retrograde step.

    > http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/epson4800.html

    > More on the other new Epsons:

    > http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/epson9700.html

    The new 2400 is similar to the 1800 and has 9 ink cartidges fitted.

    http://luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/K3-Preview.shtml

    Deryck

    deryck lant, May 10, 2005
  7. Bill Hilton

    Jim Waggener Guest

    >> In the new 4800 as you have light light black you can only have matte
    >> black or photo black fitted. A retrograde step.

    >> http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/epson4800.html

    >> More on the other new Epsons:

    >> http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/epson9700.html

    > The new 2400 is similar to the 1800 and has 9 ink cartidges fitted.
    >
    > http://luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/K3-Preview.shtml
    >
    > Deryck

    I own the 7600, I wonder if I will be able to use the new K3 inks in it.

    Jim

    Jim Waggener, May 10, 2005