    address so this is still running and mail will still go to this account (be
    it only junk). What will happen when this is full ? Is there anyway of
    deleting it ?

    Franky, Apr 10, 2004

  2. Franky

    Hywel Guest

    In article <kvPdc.55416$>,
    says...
    > Due to spam, I have set my mate up with a new mailbox for email (via the ISP
    > webpage) and changed his email address accordingly (running OE). But I
    > cannot seem to delete the 1st email mailbox containing the original email
    > address so this is still running and mail will still go to this account (be
    > it only junk). What will happen when this is full ? Is there anyway of
    > deleting it ?

    You haven't given nearly enough information. You should have at least
    mentioned which ISP your mate's using. Have you checked their help
    pages?

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/

    Hywel, Apr 10, 2004

  3. Franky

    Palindrome Guest

    Franky wrote:

    > Due to spam, I have set my mate up with a new mailbox for email (via the ISP
    > webpage) and changed his email address accordingly (running OE). But I
    > cannot seem to delete the 1st email mailbox containing the original email
    > address so this is still running and mail will still go to this account (be
    > it only junk). What will happen when this is full ? Is there anyway of
    > deleting it ?

    The mailbox management web page that you used should have an option
    to delete existing accounts.

    If the original mailbox was the primary one, it may not be possible you
    you to delete it.

    If you cannot delete it yourself, you may have to telephone the support
    line to get them to either delete, disable or rename it.

    As an alternative, you may be able to use the web interface to the
    account to set a message rule that automatically deletes all mail on
    receipt.

    Otherwise, when it is full, it may either bounce incoming email or
    simply not save it. Bouncing email in this way just adds to the network
    traffic to no good effect - so it would be better to do something.

    Palindrome, Apr 10, 2004
  4. Franky

    Millimeter Guest

    On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 11:18:23 +0100, Palindrome <>
    wrote:

    >Franky wrote:
    >
    >> Due to spam, I have set my mate up with a new mailbox for email (via the ISP
    >> webpage) and changed his email address accordingly (running OE). But I
    >> cannot seem to delete the 1st email mailbox containing the original email
    >> address so this is still running and mail will still go to this account (be
    >> it only junk). What will happen when this is full ? Is there anyway of
    >> deleting it ?
    >>

    >The mailbox management web page that you used should have an option
    >to delete existing accounts.
    >
    >If the original mailbox was the primary one, it may not be possible you
    >you to delete it.
    >
    >If you cannot delete it yourself, you may have to telephone the support
    >line to get them to either delete, disable or rename it.
    >
    >As an alternative, you may be able to use the web interface to the
    >account to set a message rule that automatically deletes all mail on
    >receipt.
    >
    >Otherwise, when it is full, it may either bounce incoming email or
    >simply not save it. Bouncing email in this way just adds to the network
    >traffic to no good effect - so it would be better to do something.

    Except to automated spamming systems. Some may be setup to stop
    sending to addresses that reject incoming mail, which may happen when
    the mailbox is full.
    Millimeter

    Millimeter, Apr 10, 2004