    bay for some front mounted audio connections. Do I remove both my existing
    drives and install the new one in one operation . or do one at a time. if so
    what order?

    David B, Jan 19, 2006

  2. David B

    Jarhead Guest

    "David B" <> wrote in message
    news:dqp74m$co5$-infra.bt.com...
    | I have a existing DVD disk drive and a separate CD RW disk drive. I
    have
    | just brought a new DVD RW combination drive. And I want to have a
    spare 5.5
    | bay for some front mounted audio connections. Do I remove both my
    existing
    | drives and install the new one in one operation . or do one at a time.
    if so
    | what order?

    The DVD burner that I bought said to make it the master drive. Your
    CD/DVD ROM should be the master and your CD/R-R/W should be the slave.
    ( this is the way mine was set up) Check the jumpers on the back of the
    drives. If all else fails- - read the instructions that comes with the
    DVD burner.

    --
    Jarhead

    Jarhead, Jan 20, 2006

  3. David B

    old jon Guest

    "David B" <> wrote in message
    >I have a existing DVD disk drive and a separate CD RW disk drive. I have
    >just brought a new DVD RW combination drive. And I want to have a spare 5.5
    >bay for some front mounted audio connections. Do I remove both my existing
    >drives and install the new one in one operation . or do one at a time. if
    >so what order?

    Hi Dave. First go into Device Manager and Delete them both.
    switch off the machine. Your OK to remove both drives,
    then fit your new one in one operation.
    Then switch off and restart, so the new one is recognised.
    Now you`ve got your spare 5.25 bay.

    --
    bw..OJ

    old jon, Jan 20, 2006