New DVD database website

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by dvdloc8.com, Oct 18, 2004.

  1. dvdloc8.com

    dvdloc8.com Guest

    Hi

    We are a bunch of web developers situated in Australia and we have just
    launched a new DVD database website called dvdloc8.com (or dvdlocate.com for
    those that prefer proper English). One of the developers is also the owner
    of Digital Digest (http://www.digital-digest.com), one of the first DVD
    related sites on the net (when it was launched in 1999).

    dvdloc8.com is basically a DVD database featuring details such as audio
    languages, subtitles, extras for each DVD. It also has some added on
    functions built on top of the database. These add-on features include:

    * Easter Eggs
    * Movie Clip/Trailers
    * Region/Edition Comparison
    * Price Comparison
    * Reviews/Ratings
    * Collection/Wish list - keep a list of DVDs that you own or want to own -
    simply search for the DVD in our database, and press a button to have it
    added to your list, complete with statistics for your collection (a feature
    to export your list to your homepage or Excel is coming soon)

    Plus all the normal database stuff like simple and advanced search.

    Since the developers are Australian, there is quite a few Australian R4 DVDs
    in the database, as well as a good selection of R1 (US) and R2 DVDs (UK).

    We've only started coding some three months ago, so the database is no where
    near being complete (or accurate). This is why we have developed an
    interface where visitors to the site can submit new (as well as correct
    existing) movies, DVDs, easter eggs, clips into our database, and win
    prizes for doing so (more details on the website).

    We only launched about two weeks ago, so it is still far from being perfect,
    but we would appreciated if you could come and have a look anyway:

    http://www.dvdloc8.com

    Thanks,

    --
    Developers of dvdloc8.com
    New Age Web

    dvdloc8.com, Oct 18, 2004

  2. dvdloc8.com

    Stan Brown Guest

    "dvdloc8.com" <> wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >We are a bunch of web developers situated in Australia and we have just
    >launched a new DVD database website called dvdloc8.com (or dvdlocate.com

    If you're in Australia why isn't it .au ? :)

    http://OakRoadSystems.com
    Fortunately, I live in the United States of America, where we are
    gradually coming to understand that nothing we do is ever our
    fault, especially if it is really stupid. --Dave Barry

    Stan Brown, Oct 19, 2004

  3. dvdloc8.com

    Galley Guest

    On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 19:23:57 +1000, "dvdloc8.com" <> spewed
    forth these words of wisdom:

    >Hi
    >
    >We are a bunch of web developers situated in Australia and we have just
    >launched a new DVD database website called dvdloc8.com (or dvdlocate.com for
    >those that prefer proper English). One of the developers is also the owner
    >of Digital Digest (http://www.digital-digest.com), one of the first DVD
    >related sites on the net (when it was launched in 1999).

    Looks very nice.

    Galley

    Galley, Oct 19, 2004