    been trying to use Windows Media Player or the RealPlayer to view DVD's.
    Any suggestions to correct the problem would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

    poidog, Nov 17, 2004

  2. poidog wrote:

    > I just installed a new Pioneer DVR-108 burner. Everything runs fine but
    > there is no sound when I try to watch DVD movies on my computer.
    > I don't have any specific viewer software that came with the drive. I've
    > been trying to use Windows Media Player or the RealPlayer to view DVD's.
    > Any suggestions to correct the problem would be greatly appreciated.
    > Thanks in advance.

    Forgot to set "play cds digitally" for the new device?
    However, dvds always go digital-out, not the rear or front earphone jack.
    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.9-mm1[LinuxCounter#295241]

    Walter Mautner, Nov 17, 2004

  3. poidog

    °Mike° Guest

    DVD Support in Windows XP
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/windowsxp/dvdplay.aspx

    Supported software MPEG-2 DVD decoders in Windows
    Media Player for Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306331

    Troubleshooting DVD playback in Windows Media Player for Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306318

    On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 20:27:24 GMT, in
    <MuOmd.928$>
    poidog scrawled: