New dual-core Acer Ferraris unveiled

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Steve Foster [SBS MVP], May 31, 2006.

  1. Steve Foster [SBS MVP], May 31, 2006

  2. Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, May 31, 2006

  3. Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

    John John Guest

    Charlie told us not so long ago that you already have two or three of
    those toys... He said you forgot/left one in his Rolls...

    John

    John John, May 31, 2006
  4. Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

    Barb Bowman Guest

    one of the two 4000's belongs to me. the other is a test machine
    purchased by my employer. now as for Charlie's "Rolls", well his car
    would fit inside one of them and then some.

    On Wed, 31 May 2006 16:49:01 -0300, John John <>
    wrote:

    >Charlie told us not so long ago that you already have two or three of
    >those toys... He said you forgot/left one in his Rolls...
    >
    >John
    >
    >Barb Bowman wrote:
    >
    >> I am so drooling...
    >>
    >> On Wed, 31 May 2006 11:05:01 -0700, "Steve Foster [SBS MVP]"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/05/31/acer_dual-core_ferraris/
    >>>
    >>>http://www.acer.co.uk/acereuro/page...aram=UK&LanguageISOCtxParam=en&crc=1428339162

    >> --
    >>
    >> Barb Bowman
    >> MS Windows-MVP
    >> Expert Zone Columnist

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP
    Expert Zone Columnist
    Barb Bowman, May 31, 2006
  5. Heck, it would fit in the boot of one!

    Like Barb, I'd _love_ a dual core Ferrari. But I can't really complain about
    my current, single core, Ferrari. It's the best laptop I've ever owned by a
    long, long, margin.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    >>> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 31, 2006
  6. Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

    Barb Bowman Guest

    yes. I previously only bought thinkpads. and i bought the Ferrari
    without ever actually getting my hands on a 4000. i saw the specs and
    went beserk. i had to have one. and it is even better than i thought
    it would be.

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP
    Barb Bowman, May 31, 2006
  7. I am going to buy one of these when I retire.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 31, 2006
  8. If that is more than 18months away, you can have it for a symbolic figure.

    ;0|

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jun 1, 2006
  9. Here you go again! I'm holding out for quad-cores for my next purchase
    (early next year, I hope).

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 1, 2006
  10. Charlie's other car is chauffered too.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 1, 2006
  11. They will be as obsolete as Commodore 64's by the time you retire.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 1, 2006
  12. LOL! Well, at least it will be cheaper then. ;)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 1, 2006
  13. A little longer than 18 months Tony. ;)

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 1, 2006
  14. Only by me. No one else gets to drive my car. A Honda S2000. :D

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 1, 2006
  15. Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

    Barb Bowman Guest

    charlie chauffered me in his other car. does that count?

    Barb Bowman, Jun 1, 2006
  16. Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Jun 1, 2006
  17. Oh, there are times I wish we had the power of the old days and could "L"
    flag someone. (OK, it's a test. How many here know what that actually means,
    and what rights it required, and where.)

    Just be careful, Barb, that Toto doesn't turn around and bite you.

    <G>

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 1, 2006
  18. Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Toto is now a collectors item since Sony stopped making them :) And
    he is only 32 bit..

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP
    Barb Bowman, Jun 2, 2006
  19. Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

    Corsair Guest

    my eyes are blinking and my brain it's absolutely dry just when Ferrari 5000
    was shown, it has a superb configuration, but still down know the price,
    there is a spaniard joke that says:
    "the item it's a dream but the price is a nightmare"

    I had the temptation to bought the Ferrari 4000, that it was the first
    notebook Turion based, with wifi and bluetooth integrated, I still don't
    know how I didn't bought at this time, and I bought some similar the HP-Q
    nx6125 with the same features, but now I know the reason, the next one will
    be the Ferrari 5000.
    --
    Regards to you all
    Corsair

    Corsair, Jun 2, 2006
  20. Corsair wrote:

    >my eyes are blinking and my brain it's absolutely dry just when Ferrari
    >5000 was shown, it has a superb configuration, but still down know the
    >price, there is a spaniard joke that says:
    >"the item it's a dream but the price is a nightmare"

    Well, given the incredible "reasonableness" of the price of the Ferrari
    4000, I doubt that the 5000 series will be expensive (they'll almost
    certainly be cheaper than a decent spec Sony Vaio!).

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Jun 3, 2006