    MBR (master boot record). I'm new to this but I think thats what I was
    supposed to do.
    Any ideas please?

    Gravydownshirt, Dec 31, 2005

  2. Gravydownshirt

    The Shed Guest

    "Gravydownshirt" <> wrote in message
    news:dp5dn4$gta$-infra.bt.com...
    >I used Ghost 9.0 to copy my old drive to a new 250GB drive and then
    >removed the old, set jumpers for new drive to Master and tried booting
    >up.
    > All looked ok as it got thru' the first few screens but instead of
    > giving me the usual User Login page all I get is a Small Windows logo
    > in the middle of the screen...not going past this...I set the options
    > in Ghost to copy the MBR (master boot record). I'm new to this but I
    > think thats what I was supposed to do.
    > Any ideas please?

    Unless you have a problem with your current drive,why not just add the
    new one as a slave? ----would suggest you also partition the new drive
    into more user friendly chunks.

    The Shed, Dec 31, 2005

  3. Gravydownshirt

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:quvtf.27987$,
    The Shed spewed forth:
    > "Gravydownshirt" <> wrote in message
    >> I used Ghost 9.0 to copy my old drive to a new 250GB drive and then
    >> removed the old, set jumpers for new drive to Master and tried
    >> booting up.
    >> All looked ok as it got thru' the first few screens but instead of
    >> giving me the usual User Login page all I get is a Small Windows logo
    >> in the middle of the screen...not going past this...I set the
    >> options in Ghost to copy the MBR (master boot record). I'm new to
    >> this but I think thats what I was supposed to do.
    >> Any ideas please?
    >>

    > Unless you have a problem with your current drive,why not just add the
    > new one as a slave? ----would suggest you also partition the new drive
    > into more user friendly chunks.

    Or mount it into an existing XP folder - makes the system think you have one
    whopping big HD <g>

    Toolman Tim, Dec 31, 2005
  4. Howdy!

    > I used Ghost 9.0 to copy my old drive to a new 250GB drive and then

    removed
    > the old, set jumpers for new drive to Master and tried booting up.
    > All looked ok as it got thru' the first few screens but instead of giving

    me
    > the usual User Login page all I get is a Small Windows logo in the middle

    of
    > the screen...not going past this...I set the options in Ghost to copy the
    > MBR (master boot record). I'm new to this but I think thats what I was
    > supposed to do.
    > Any ideas please?

    Yes. Don't copy the MBR next time.

    You just told that drive it was the old drive, exactly.

    If you DON'T copy the MBR, then Ghost can resize and it will fix the
    new MBR to match the new drive.

    So - wipe the drive, and re-ghost, this time NOT copying the MBR.

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Dec 31, 2005
  5. Gravydownshirt

    Plato Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    > Or mount it into an existing XP folder - makes the system think you have one
    > whopping big HD <g>

    Master. Slave. Mount.

    Darn pc stuff sounds like S/M.

    Plato, Dec 31, 2005
  6. Heh.

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > Toolman Tim wrote:
    > >
    > > Or mount it into an existing XP folder - makes the system think you have

    one
    > > whopping big HD <g>

    > Master. Slave. Mount.
    >
    > Darn pc stuff sounds like S/M.

    Not just PC stuff.

    Have you ever seen the thing on why geeks like Linux?

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jan 1, 2006
  7. Gravydownshirt

    Plato Guest

    Male and Female plugs. The list goes on.

    Plato, Jan 2, 2006