New digital camera-billionth of a second

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Apr 29, 2009.

  1. Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Apr 29, 2009

  2. Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

    Not Given Guest

    Not Given, Apr 29, 2009

  3. Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

    Matt Ion Guest

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote:
    > http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/tech/0,1518,622008,00.html
    > Unfortunately only in german....

    That's why God invented Babelfish.

    The fastest camera of the world

    This camera is faster than all other, many faster: With a perfectly new
    digital camera technology researchers reached exposure times of
    trillionth seconds. The rapid camera is to help scientists and physicians.

    London - the new camera works a thousand times faster than conventional
    cameras, says Keisuke Goda of the university of California in Los
    Angeles and its colleagues. Besides reach it exposure times of 440
    trillionth seconds and can picture series shoot, with which the frames
    in the distance of only 163 billionth seconds are shot, explain the
    researchers taken part in its development.

    Potential applications see the developers racing fast of the camera for
    example in the medicine. With laser operations or with photographs of
    shock waves the singular equipment could carry useful services out,
    writes the researchers in the technical periodical “Nature” (Bd. 458,
    S.1145, doi: 10.1038/nature07980).

    Past digital cameras worked with the so-called CCD technology. For
    information forwarding electrical loads from a CCD cell are passed on to
    the next. With the new camera the scientists used however no CCD
    detectors, but a technology, with which the two-dimensional picture is
    time-dependently coded and strengthened optically. The signal can be
    seized then by one only from a pixel existing light detector. From this
    signal the picture is reconstructed digital finally.

    Because the camera strengthens the optical pictures, it goes around the
    compromise between a high sensitivity and a high picture speed, as it
    must be entered with the usual CCD detectors. The new camera necessarily
    neither cooling still another particularly bright source of light. The
    authors already demonstrated, for example the function of the camera at
    real time photographs of so-called laser ablations. The surface of a
    material, in the medicine about fabric, is cleared away with laser pulses.

    mak/strip packing
    Matt Ion, Apr 29, 2009
  4. Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

    Dudley Hanks Guest

    "Matt Ion" <> wrote in message
    > Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote:
    >> http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/tech/0,1518,622008,00.html
    >> Unfortunately only in german....

    > That's why God invented Babelfish.
    >
    > The fastest camera of the world
    >
    > This camera is faster than all other, many faster: With a perfectly new
    > digital camera technology researchers reached exposure times of trillionth
    > seconds. The rapid camera is to help scientists and physicians.
    >
    > London - the new camera works a thousand times faster than conventional
    > cameras, says Keisuke Goda of the university of California in Los Angeles
    > and its colleagues. Besides reach it exposure times of 440 trillionth
    > seconds and can picture series shoot, with which the frames in the
    > distance of only 163 billionth seconds are shot, explain the researchers
    > taken part in its development.
    >
    > Potential applications see the developers racing fast of the camera for
    > example in the medicine. With laser operations or with photographs of
    > shock waves the singular equipment could carry useful services out, writes
    > the researchers in the technical periodical “Nature” (Bd. 458, S.1145,
    > doi: 10.1038/nature07980).
    >
    > Past digital cameras worked with the so-called CCD technology. For
    > information forwarding electrical loads from a CCD cell are passed on to
    > the next. With the new camera the scientists used however no CCD
    > detectors, but a technology, with which the two-dimensional picture is
    > time-dependently coded and strengthened optically. The signal can be
    > seized then by one only from a pixel existing light detector. From this
    > signal the picture is reconstructed digital finally.
    >
    > Because the camera strengthens the optical pictures, it goes around the
    > compromise between a high sensitivity and a high picture speed, as it must
    > be entered with the usual CCD detectors. The new camera necessarily
    > neither cooling still another particularly bright source of light. The
    > authors already demonstrated, for example the function of the camera at
    > real time photographs of so-called laser ablations. The surface of a
    > material, in the medicine about fabric, is cleared away with laser pulses.
    >
    > mak/strip packing

    A camera that quick actually might have a chance of catching Mich and I in
    action... :)

    Take Care,
    Dudley
    Dudley Hanks, Apr 29, 2009
  5. Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

    Bigguy Guest

    Bigguy, Apr 30, 2009

    Docteur Durien, Apr 30, 2009
  7. ? "Bigguy" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    > Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote:
    >> http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/tech/0,1518,622008,00.html
    >> Unfortunately only in german....
    >>

    > Another graphic artist who does not understand the difference between
    > bullet and cartridge case.... ;-)

    In german, it says"Pistolenkugel" and kugel means round, or bullet.

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    major in electrical engineering
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, May 1, 2009
  8. Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

    J. Clarke Guest

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote:
    > ? "Bigguy" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    >> Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote:
    >>> http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/tech/0,1518,622008,00.html
    >>> Unfortunately only in german....
    >>>

    >> Another graphic artist who does not understand the difference between
    >> bullet and cartridge case.... ;-)
    >>

    > In german, it says"Pistolenkugel" and kugel means round, or bullet.

    A "round" would be a cartridge. The "bullet" is the object inserted into
    the front of the cartridge that is driven out when the powder burns,
    accelerates down the barrel, and makes a hole in something.
    J. Clarke, May 1, 2009
  9. Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

    tony cooper Guest

    On Fri, 1 May 2009 22:31:42 +0100, "Deep Reset"
    <> wrote:

    >"J. Clarke" <> wrote in message
    >> Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote:
    >>> ? "Bigguy" <> ?????? ??? ??????

    >>> In german, it says"Pistolenkugel" and kugel means round, or bullet.

    >> A "round" would be a cartridge. The "bullet" is the object inserted into
    >> the front of the cartridge that is driven out when the powder burns,
    >> accelerates down the barrel, and makes a hole in something.

    >So, when someone says "three rounds, rapid fire", you chuck three cartridges
    >down the range?
    >
    ><plonk>

    You've never heard of a word with more than one meaning according to
    context? Do you have a problem with "gun someone down" and "load your
    gun"?

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, May 1, 2009
  10. Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

    Peter Irwin Guest

    J. Clarke <> wrote:

    > A "round" would be a cartridge. The "bullet" is the object inserted into
    > the front of the cartridge that is driven out when the powder burns,
    > accelerates down the barrel, and makes a hole in something.

    The use of "round" dates from the 1700s if not earlier and predates
    metallic cartridges by quite a bit. It seems to mean the ammunition
    needed to fire a gun once whether in a cartridge or not. If you have
    10 balls and a ounce of black powder (or whatever amount is necessary)
    you can call that 10 rounds of ammunition even if there are no
    cartridges.

    Peter.
    Peter Irwin, May 2, 2009