    as it seems a drastic and risky step if maybe I just programmed something
    incorrectly.

    SG
    shakey, Jan 5, 2006

  2. shakey

    J Guest

    I use a different modem/router, but the "concept" should be the same

    For mine, the modem/router arrived with wireless OFF, and I had to
    enter the access address to get to the built-in ROM to then set a
    configuration parameter to turn wireless ON

    Of course... since wireless was OFF there was no way to turn it ON
    except by connecting a computer via wire to get "inside" the unit

    J, Jan 5, 2006

  3. shakey

    TW Guest

    I use a DI624 but this should be the same.
    Open internet explorer, in the address bar type 192.168.0.1
    This will open the router pages.
    Next on the home tab at the top go to the wireless tab on the left and look
    at the top for the wireless radio. Click the ON button.
    That should do it.

    TW, Jan 5, 2006