    bad disks and that is my next step, to call them. Just thought I could
    save a bit of time here.

    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Aug 12, 2005

  2. joevan

    Guest

    If you got it "new", there should be a disc included....or did you get
    it "new" from someone else besides DELL?

    , Aug 12, 2005

  3. joevan

    joevan Guest

    On 12 Aug 2005 12:59:33 -0700, wrote:

    >If you got it "new", there should be a disc included....or did you get
    >it "new" from someone else besides DELL?

    Thanks but,--
    Got through to Dell. Seems the HD is bad. Sending a guy with a new
    one. They are also sending me disks for it. My daughter will be happy.
    I told them I could replace it but they should replace the drive as
    it is under warranty. The person I spoke with was very helpful and it
    didn't take very long. I was surprised. I will update this as it
    progresses, if anyone would like to know how it goes.

    and for the same reason."

    joevan, Aug 12, 2005
  4. joevan

    Toolman Tim Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > If you got it "new", there should be a disc included....or did you get
    > it "new" from someone else besides DELL?

    Dell has stopped sending discs with some of their systems. I just got a
    Dimension 4700 at work with no discs. It's got a recovery partition instead.
    But, like Joel experienced, it's useless if the HD physically borks (that's
    a technical term).

    Toolman Tim, Aug 12, 2005
  5. joevan

    Dave Lear Guest

    "joevan" wrote in message news:

    > I just last week got a new Dell 2.4 gig desktop with xp home
    > for my daughter. It worked fine for a few days. I left it on all last
    > evening and this afternoon it would not boot.
    >
    > [ SNIP ]

    It's a week old. Dell's come with at least a 1 year warranty. Ring them up
    and let them sort it.

    Dave Lear, Aug 13, 2005
  6. joevan

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Dave Lear" <> wrote in message
    > "joevan" wrote in message news:
    >
    >> I just last week got a new Dell 2.4 gig desktop with xp home
    >> for my daughter. It worked fine for a few days. I left it on all last
    >> evening and this afternoon it would not boot.
    >>
    >> [ SNIP ]

    > It's a week old. Dell's come with at least a 1 year warranty. Ring them up
    > and let them sort it.

    Actually, if you buy that system they advertise on TV, the warranty is only
    90 days.
    <http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/cto_dimen2400?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~ck=mn>

    Toolman Tim, Aug 13, 2005
  7. joevan

    Guest

    Support is for a year though...as long as you can understand their
    Indian reps. I prefer using their online chat...at least they type
    english

    , Aug 13, 2005
  8. joevan

    Toolman Tim Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Support is for a year though...as long as you can understand their
    > Indian reps. I prefer using their online chat...at least they type
    > english

    Exactly! I do that with HP and others as well. The accent doesn't get in the
    way...

    Toolman Tim, Aug 13, 2005