    have needed that much adjustment in the first place.

    Perhaps something in my custom settings?

    Hope it's fixable.

    JimmyG, Nov 29, 2007

  2. JimmyG wrote:

    > I just got my new D300. Took it out for a morning of shooting with my
    > 200-400.
    >
    > I got consistently overexposed shots by one f/.

    RTFM

    Rita

    Rita Ä Berkowitz, Nov 29, 2007

  3. JimmyG

    Douglas Guest

    "JimmyG" <> wrote in message
    >I just got my new D300. Took it out for a morning of shooting with my
    >200-400.
    >
    > I got consistently overexposed shots by one f/.
    >
    > All were pretty much fixable as I shot in NEF/RAW, however they shouldn't
    > have needed that much adjustment in the first place.
    >
    > Perhaps something in my custom settings?
    >
    > Hope it's fixable.

    When you unpack a camera with fancy features... It almost always exposes the
    idiots.
    Multi point metering is the culprit. RTFM.

    Douglas

    Douglas, Nov 30, 2007
  4. JimmyG

    JimmyG Guest

    IFDAH

    JimmyG, Nov 30, 2007
  5. JimmyG

    JimmyG Guest

    So I'm an "Idiot?"

    I spent HOURS RTFM.

    Your unkind, thoughtless and TOTALLY incorrect assumptions have made YOU the
    idiot, sir.

    Are you just jealous that I received a D300 before you?

    Before showing the owrld that you are a total JERK, think that the writer of
    the message just MIGHT have considered all teh possibilities in the manual
    and is resorting to online forums for CONSTRUCTIVE assistance, not moronic
    ramblings.

    GFY!

    JimmyG, Nov 30, 2007
  6. JimmyG

    JimmyG Guest

    Pardon the typos, I had my spellcheck turned off.

    JimmyG, Nov 30, 2007
  7. JimmyG

    John Smith Guest

    What's IFDAH mean?

    John Smith, Nov 30, 2007
  8. JimmyG

    Guest

    On Nov 29, 2:16 pm, "JimmyG" <> wrote:
    > I just got my new D300. Took it out for a morning of shooting with my
    > 200-400.
    >
    > I got consistently overexposed shots by one f/.
    >
    > All were pretty much fixable as I shot in NEF/RAW, however they shouldn't
    > have needed that much adjustment in the first place.
    >
    > Perhaps something in my custom settings?
    >
    > Hope it's fixable.

    See page 277 of manual for custom setting B6, fine tuning exposure.

    Danny W.

    , Nov 30, 2007
  9. JimmyG

    JimmyG Guest

    Thank you VERY much for a coherant, intelligent response.

    JimmyG, Dec 1, 2007
  10. JimmyG

    JimmyG Guest

    IFDAH = "I F-ing DID, AssHole"

    :)

    WTF, ... I'm deleting this group anyhow.

    JimmyG, Dec 1, 2007
  11. JimmyG

    Allen Guest

    JimmyG wrote:
    > IFDAH = "I F-ing DID, AssHole"
    >
    > :)
    >
    > WTF, ... I'm deleting this group anyhow.

    I don't know what idiot responded to your question because whoever it
    was apparently is in my killfile. Although there are many helpful,
    courteous people who read this group there are a huge number of total
    misfits and scum who think they are either comedians or know everything;
    my killfile for this group is by far the largest of any ng that I
    follow. There is at least one who changes its identify on almost every
    post. If you make good use of your browser's filtering and/or can put up
    with their trash, you will find that there are many helpful folks here.
    Back to your camera problem: I can't address that, but I'm sure that
    someone will help you.
    Allen

    Allen, Dec 1, 2007
  12. JimmyG

    acl Guest

    On Dec 1, 3:19 am, "JimmyG" <> wrote:
    > IFDAH = "I F-ing DID, AssHole"
    >
    > :)
    >
    > WTF, ... I'm deleting this group anyhow.

    Hey, if you're still reading, can you put up a raw file that you find
    problematic somewhere so I can download and look at it?

    acl, Dec 1, 2007
  13. JimmyG

    Guest

    On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 16:16:23 -0800, in rec.photo.digital "JimmyG"
    <> wrote:

    >Thank you VERY much for a coherant, intelligent response.

    I thought you said you spent hours RTFM? This isn't really any different
    than using exposure compensation, except it isn't noted on the camera's lcd
    and possibly exif.

    Why don't you let folks know exactly what you are shooting , what specific
    settings you are using and how you determined that your exposure is one
    stop off?

    , Dec 2, 2007