    not work as well.

    I know I must be doing something really stupid, could someone please advise.

    Thanks
    yar, Mar 22, 2005

  2. yar

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi
    May be this can Help: www.netswitcher.com
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "yar" <> wrote in message
    news:#...
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a home network where I assign ip addresses for the network
    > computers, and have wep enabled on my network.
    >
    > I yesterday tried to access a free network in a local cafe but was able to
    > connect to the network but not gain internet access.
    >
    > I found it was due to the network card having an assigned ip address. When

    > adjusted it to find an ip address it all worked, however when I got home

    it
    > would not then log on to my network.
    >
    > I have tried placing the ip addresses in the alternative page but this

    does

    Jack \(MVP\), Mar 22, 2005

  3. yar

    WLW Guest

    One solution may be to use DHCP on your home network to hand out IP
    Addresses. If you are using a Wireless Router to connect your wireless
    systems, most of these offer DHCP as an option.

    You can even leave most of your systems with Assigned IP Addresses and only
    use DHCP for the one that travels. If you reserve the address in DHCP for
    the MAC address of that system it will always have the same IP on your home
    network and will still automatically acquire on public systems.
    --
    William L. Whipple
    WWW.EZine.Com

    WLW, Mar 23, 2005