    pentium d (hunk of crap) or the AMD 64x2. BUt they bundle it with Windows
    Media Center Edition. Is MEdia Edition 64 bit capable or do you have to buy
    64x edition as an upgrade??? any help would be appreciated
    =?Utf-8?B?am5jMjAwNA==?=, Aug 10, 2005

  2. MCE is not x64. It certainly runs fine on x64 computers, but it's purely
    32-bit.

    Why not go to one of the System Builder types? Tell them what you want, and
    let them build it for you. You'll have FAR greater control over exactly what
    goes in it, and you'll have a machine that can be upgraded later, instead of
    a proprietary machine that you can't salvage anything but the HDs out of.

    There are a lot of very good ones out there. I'm sure if you give us a
    general idea of location we can suggest something. I know good dealers in
    both the US and Canada, but there are others here from all over.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 10, 2005

  3. Media Center won't be 64 bit enabled and supported until next version of
    Windows. As for Dell and HP bundling XP Pro x64, its mainly on their
    business line of desktops.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com