    I have a network set up in the house and both computers will for at least a
    while be connected to the network.

    Thanks for any and all suggestions.

    Bogey Man, Mar 11, 2008

  2. Bogey Man

    Mark Guest

    I suspect you can use the Export/Import function under File.
    I believe Easy Transfer Wizard also does this.
    http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Migrating-Vista-using-Windows-Easy-Transfer.html

    "Bogey Man" <> wrote in message
    > I have just bought a quad core computer with Windows Vista Home Premium
    > 64-bit and would appreciate some tips on how to copy my address book
    > contents from Outlook 2000 over to the new computer so that the email
    > addresses can be used with the included email client. At the moment on my
    > present computer, I share the contacts in Outlook 2000 with Outlook

    Express

    Mark, Mar 11, 2008

  3. Run the Windows Easy Transfer utility to automatically transfer many of your
    files and settings. Click on the Start menu, type in "Easy Transfer", and
    press Enter.

    If that doesn't get your outlook contacts, you can go to outlook and export
    them in CSV format. Open up Windows Mail, click File, Import, Contacts, and
    select your CSV file.

    Similarly, you can export your calendar into ICS format, which Windows
    Calendar can import.

    Jeff Smith [MSFT], Mar 11, 2008
  4. Bogey Man

    Bogey Man Guest

    "Mark" <> wrote in message
    >I suspect you can use the Export/Import function under File.
    > I believe Easy Transfer Wizard also does this.
    > http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_tutorials/Migrating-Vista-using-Windows-Easy-Transfer.html
    >

    > "Bogey Man" <> wrote in message
    >> I have just bought a quad core computer with Windows Vista Home Premium
    >> 64-bit and would appreciate some tips on how to copy my address book

    Thank you. I will follow the hyperlink and see what it gives me.

    Bogey Man, Mar 11, 2008
  5. Bogey Man

    Bogey Man Guest

    "Jeff Smith [MSFT]" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > Run the Windows Easy Transfer utility to automatically transfer many of
    > your
    > files and settings. Click on the Start menu, type in "Easy Transfer", and
    > press Enter.
    >
    > If that doesn't get your outlook contacts, you can go to outlook and
    > export
    > them in CSV format. Open up Windows Mail, click File, Import, Contacts,
    > and
    > select your CSV file.
    >
    > Similarly, you can export your calendar into ICS format, which Windows
    > Calendar can import.

    Thank you for an alternate method of doing this. At least if one doesn't
    work, I will have another one to try. I am going to save this information
    so that it won't get lost.

    Bogey Man, Mar 11, 2008
  6. Bogey Man

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    I have a proprietary no-software bruteforce method that I will share with you.
    Outlook keeps all its data (contacts, agenda, etc.) in a file called
    "Outlook.pst".
    In Windows XP that file is stored here:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<YOURUSERNAME>\Local Configuration\Program
    Data\Microsoft\Outlook
    (In Vista it is stored in another folder but I am not at my Vista machine
    right now. You will surely figure it out where it is stored)
    So, what I do is to copy the file ("origin") which has all my data and paste
    it on the "destination", overwriting the one in the new installation.
    Outlook has to be run at least once in order to create that file.
    If you don't feel safe with the overwriting action, just rename the
    "destination" outlook.pst to something else.

    Carlos

    Carlos, Mar 11, 2008
  7. Bogey Man

    Bogey Man Guest

    "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have a proprietary no-software bruteforce method that I will share with
    > you.
    > Outlook keeps all its data (contacts, agenda, etc.) in a file called
    > "Outlook.pst".
    > In Windows XP that file is stored here:
    > C:\Documents and Settings\<YOURUSERNAME>\Local Configuration\Program
    > Data\Microsoft\Outlook
    > (In Vista it is stored in another folder but I am not at my Vista machine
    > right now. You will surely figure it out where it is stored)
    > So, what I do is to copy the file ("origin") which has all my data and
    > paste
    > it on the "destination", overwriting the one in the new installation.
    > Outlook has to be run at least once in order to create that file.
    > If you don't feel safe with the overwriting action, just rename the
    > "destination" outlook.pst to something else.
    >
    > Carlos
    >
    > "Bogey Man" wrote:
    >
    >> I have just bought a quad core computer with Windows Vista Home Premium
    >> 64-bit and would appreciate some tips on how to copy my address book

    Thank you.

    Bogey Man, Mar 11, 2008