new computer wont go into BIOS

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TimDrake429, Sep 5, 2010.

  1. TimDrake429

    TimDrake429

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    I built a new computer consisting of:
    -Palit NE5TX465F1002 GeForce GTX 465 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit
    -MSI H55-G43 motherboard
    -Intel i5 760 quadcore
    -XFX P1-650X-CAH9 650W
    -G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3
    -recycled HDD seagate 150gb
    -recycled samsung SATA DVD drive

    At first I was getting no video, but i reentered the memory and a logo screen came up during a startup. The screen then goes black and an underscore or two show up in a list form. They disappear and the screen remains black.

    the mouse and keyboard do light up, however, they do not blink in any type of sequence to suggest the system is booting in some way.

    I'm looking at the user manual for the MoBo now but it doesn't say anything about getting to BIOS, it only tells me what to do once i am in it.

    Any answers would be greatly appreciated
    TimDrake429, Sep 5, 2010