    Soyo Ultra Dragon KT600 Socket A Barebone Black wilth 400Watt Ultra
    Power Supply

    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ "Barton"

    spy, Dec 17, 2003

  2. spy

    HF Guest

    http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/ is where you will find help to check
    everything.

    HF, Dec 17, 2003

  3. spy

    one true yid Guest

    > Hello all,
    > I am helping my BIL build his (our) first computer. We have
    > all the parts installed and pressed the power button. Everything
    > fired up that we could tell, but then nothing. The monitor would go
    > into standby, the CD and HD light would remain on. The fans are
    > running, but we are lost at this point. Any ideas?
    >
    > The system is:
    >
    > Soyo Ultra Dragon KT600 Socket A Barebone Black wilth 400Watt Ultra
    > Power Supply
    >
    > AMD Athlon XP 2500+ "Barton"

    who's bil?

    one true yid, Dec 17, 2003
  4. spy

    spy Guest

    Thanks, will check it out ASAP. May have found the problem with the
    drives. Set the jumpers to "master" on both drives seeing they are on
    different cables, I believe we should have set them to single. Never
    worked on a system that didn't have 2 drives per cable so always used
    master/slave setting.

    spy, Dec 17, 2003
  5. spy

    spy Guest