    opinions from you guys.
    thanks,
    geo

    George, Oct 21, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    kadbitcha <> wrote:

    >You know, the google search engine technology really is fucking fantastic.
    >You should try it one day.

    A healthy man is a successful man.

    >Results 1 - 100 of about 347 English messages for emachines are shit.

    What do names mean to you?

    >Results 1 - 9 of about 16 English messages for "emachines are good"

    Love makes the time pass. Time makes love pass.

    >Results 1 - 100 of about 852 English messages for emachines are crap.

    By your logic ...

    >Results 1 - 3 of about 6 English messages for "emachines are great"

    >Results 1 - 21 of about 30 English messages for emachines are rubbish.

    Reality must take precedence over public relations; for nature cannot
    be fooled.

    >Results 1 - 2 of about 5 English messages for "emachines are very good"

    >Results 1 - 92 of about 225 English messages for emachines are garbage.

    Why are you so certain about that?

    >Results 1 - 89 of about 223 English messages for "buy an emachine"

    Vere furis.

    >From 9 of the 10 first links returned by the search:

    You don't say?

    >"Please don't buy an eMachine!"
    >"DON'T EVER BUY AN EMACHINE DON'T EVER BUY AN EMACHINE DON'T EVER BUY AN
    >EMACHINE"
    >"I beg you not to buy an emachine."
    >"Next time you know never to buy an eMachine (whether it's a laptop or
    >desktop)."
    >"I know now that I made a bad choice when I decided to buy an eMachine
    >computer and I would never recommend an eMachine to anyone."
    >"i know not to buy an emachine."
    >"A Celery 400 is a very poor choice, as it does not run with a 100mhz bus.
    >While you are at it, why not tell him to buy an eMachine?"
    >"DO NOT buy an Emachine"
    >"I would never buy an emachine"

    A celery is a very poor choice, as it does not run with a mhz bus.

    >HTH and HAND, you stupid ****.

    Look.

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "HA! Seems Lady Chatterly trolls on over to the Michael Jackson group
    - to create chaos there too!!!!!" -- Judy

    Lady Chatterly, Oct 21, 2004

  3. In article <>,
    kadbitcha <> wrote:

    >Funnier still, as I was looking through google, there were people stating
    >they would buy a Gateway in preference to an eMachine.

    It is better to conceal one's knowledge than to reveal one's
    ignorance.

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "BTW, how long are you going to keep doing this dance with the bot?"
    -- Dr.Postman

    Lady Chatterly, Oct 21, 2004
  4. George

    Joe Guest

    I don't think they are that bad. I just think they have a bad rap because of
    who is buying them and why they are getting them. I think they are probably
    an ok machine for someone who wants a basic machine to email, surf the net,
    and do basic word processing. What they are not is high end machines
    suitable for Gaming, Photo and Video editing, upgrading and the like. I
    think a lot of people buy these machines hoping for much more than they are
    designed for and call them shit when they do not deliver. I think any bad
    rap the get from a reliability stand point has more to do with who buys them
    than the quality of the machine. The people that generally buy these machine
    are new users that don't know much and are likely to have a software problem
    that they don't have a clue how to fix and end up say the computer is broke
    and a pile of shit when they have just messed up the software.

    Joe

    Joe, Oct 21, 2004
  5. George

    Thor Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in message
    >I don't think they are that bad. I just think they have a bad rap because
    >of who is buying them and why they are getting them. I think they are
    >probably an ok machine for someone who wants a basic machine to email, surf
    >the net, and do basic word processing. What they are not is high end
    >machines suitable for Gaming, Photo and Video editing, upgrading and the
    >like. I think a lot of people buy these machines hoping for much more than
    >they are designed for and call them shit when they do not deliver. I think
    >any bad rap the get from a reliability stand point has more to do with who
    >buys them than the quality of the machine. The people that generally buy
    >these machine are new users that don't know much and are likely to have a
    >software problem that they don't have a clue how to fix and end up say the
    >computer is broke and a pile of shit when they have just messed up the
    >software.

    I've worked on many. It's the quality of the machine in most cases, from my
    experience. Lots of hardware failures. Power supplies, modems and
    harddrives.

    Thor, Oct 21, 2004
  6. George

    Joe Guest

    How? I understand a power supply a cheap one is destined to fail and the
    entire computer do nothing. But a modem? Modems don't break. I have tried
    some that were crap but they either work or they don't. And Harddrives, I am
    sure Emachine is not making harddrives they are buying them from Maxtor, WD,
    Seagate, or someone. Why would theirs be any worse than anyone else's?

    Joe

    Joe, Oct 21, 2004
  7. George

    Thor Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in message
    > How? I understand a power supply a cheap one is destined to fail and the
    > entire computer do nothing. But a modem? Modems don't break. I have tried

    Crap cheap modems that don't connect worth a damn.

    > some that were crap but they either work or they don't. And Harddrives, I
    > am sure Emachine is not making harddrives they are buying them from
    > Maxtor, WD, Seagate, or someone.

    Nope, "Trigem" harddrives in most cases, same Korean manufacturer of the
    motherboards.

    Thor, Oct 21, 2004
  8. George

    Wizard Guest

    Junk!

    Wizard, Oct 21, 2004
  9. George

    BillKirch Guest

    >Would like to get some opinions from different people here on emachines.
    >There has to be a few pe

    ##################
    I've had two,and for the money and considering these things go obsolete in 3
    years they are not bad. Get alot of RAM. BG

    BillKirch, Oct 24, 2004
  10. George

    Fred Guest

    BillKirch wrote:

    > ################## I've had two,and for the money and considering these
    > things go obsolete in 3 years they are not bad.

    Me too!

    Fred, Oct 24, 2004