    wavs now, Like i do- I guess I just want to know how to get to autoexec.bat and
    my main vquestion of adding amonitor.

    Guy

    Dolfan500, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Dolfan500

    Night_Seer Guest

    Dolfan500 wrote:
    > I am getting a new computer, but I will be using old monitor- Will I
    > need any disk or whatever so the new computer can commuicate with the
    > monitor? Or do I just plug it in and it will work?
    >
    > Also, how do I get to autoexec.bat like how do I find the files? I
    > know you should avoid messing here but I know there is one line where
    > I can add a directory so when P laying wavs on aol I can add a
    > directory so I can keep all wavs now, Like i do- I guess I just want
    > to know how to get to autoexec.bat and my main vquestion of adding
    > amonitor.
    >
    > Guy

    For your main question, it should work fine if you just plug it in and
    go, but it could be too old, and not be able to display the resolution
    and refresh rate your new computer is set to. You can always start in
    safe mode and change these settings and all should be well.

    As for your second question, I do not understand what you are asking
    for.

    --
    Night_Seer

    Night_Seer, Jan 30, 2004

  3. Dolfan500

    philo Guest

    "Dolfan500" <> wrote in message
    > I am getting a new computer, but I will be using old monitor- Will I need

    any
    > disk or whatever so the new computer can commuicate with the monitor? Or

    do I
    > just plug it in and it will work?

    Just connect it and you will be fine
    windows may install a default driver...but it will not be critical

    > Also, how do I get to autoexec.bat like how do I find the files? I know

    you
    > should avoid messing here but I know there is one line where I can add a
    > directory so when P laying wavs on aol I can add a directory so I can keep

    all
    > wavs now, Like i do- I guess I just want to know how to get to

    autoexec.bat and
    > my main vquestion of adding amonitor.

    Assuming you now have win9x and are going to XP...
    even though the operating systems are quite different...the general gui
    layout is
    pretty much the same as what you are already used to...
    it will take you about 5 minutes to make the adjustment

    philo, Jan 30, 2004
  4. Dolfan500

    VCS Guest

    If your running Windows 98 or higher your monitor should be reconized. As
    for the Autoexec.bat file select your run option and type in sysedit then
    OK.

    VCS, Feb 2, 2004