    Any ideas on the cause?

    Thanks!
    Dean
    Dean, Jan 30, 2005

  2. Dean

    Dean Guest

    Also, when I plug it back in, they start flashing again.....

    "Dean" <> wrote in message
    > Got my new computer back from the builder and fired it up first time

    today.
    > Works great, but when I shut it down I noticed that the three lights on

    the

    Dean, Jan 30, 2005

  3. Dean

    JTJersey Guest

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:14:32 +0000, Dean wrote:

    > Also, when I plug it back in, they start flashing again.....
    >

    > "Dean" <> wrote in message
    >> Got my new computer back from the builder and fired it up first time

    > today.
    >> Works great, but when I shut it down I noticed that the three lights on

    > the
    >> keyboard (Numlock,Capslock,Scrolllock) kept flashing after shutdown.
    >> The only way to make them stop is to pull the plug.
    >>
    >> Athlon 2600+, AsRock motherboard.
    >>
    >> Any ideas on the cause?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >> Dean

    Is this a USB or wireless keyboard? If the lights are blinking after shut
    down it's still pulling power to the keyboard from somewhere, but not
    having a computer to connect to it's probably giving you an error message.
    Many mainboards still have power to them even if you push the Off button.
    Try turning off the power switch on the power supply (if one is present)
    or turn it off at your UPC (if your using one) or just unplug the tower
    and see what happens.

    --
    Registered Linux User #267152
    JTJersey, Jan 30, 2005
  4. Dean

    Dean Guest

    No, it's a garden-variety PS2-connected keyboard.

    The PS doesn't have a switch.

    The lights flash steadily as long as power is connected.

    The machine starts, runs, and shuts down as it should, other than this
    problem.

    Dean, Jan 30, 2005
  5. Dean

    Drifter Guest

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:35:06 GMT, "Dean" <> wrote:

    >No, it's a garden-variety PS2-connected keyboard.
    >
    >The PS doesn't have a switch.
    >
    >The lights flash steadily as long as power is connected.
    >
    >The machine starts, runs, and shuts down as it should, other than this
    >problem.

    Check your BIOS settings. Your machine may be going into a hibernate
    or sleep mode vs actually powering down.

    Not sure I'm right, just the first thing that popped into my mind.

    Drifter
    "I've been here, I've been there..."
    Drifter, Jan 30, 2005
  6. Dean

    JTJersey Guest

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 20:35:06 +0000, Dean wrote:

    > No, it's a garden-variety PS2-connected keyboard.
    >
    > The PS doesn't have a switch.
    >
    > The lights flash steadily as long as power is connected.
    >
    > The machine starts, runs, and shuts down as it should, other than this
    > problem.

    Have you tried it with another keyboard?
    --
    Registered Linux User #267152
    JTJersey, Jan 31, 2005
  7. Dean

    Dean Guest

    Yep, I did. It must be the keyboard. I switched keyboards with my other
    machine, and this board flashes no matter what machine it's attached to.
    (Neither machine has a switched powersupply).

    Actually I have a switched power center which I turn off whenever I power
    down the machine, so I guess it really is not much of an issue.

    Thanks for the suggestion(s).

    Dean

    Dean, Feb 1, 2005