    you guys think (i'm not really wanting a refurb):

    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1191357&CatId=0

    , Nov 17, 2005

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I need a new computer, but am not really interested in power - just
    > something economical that will run programs smoothly. I would like
    > everyones opinion on some good deals - of course, I'll take power,
    > if
    > its cheap enough - I just don't want to spend alot. I already have
    > 20 Inch LCD display, speakers, keyboard and mouse. I basically only
    > need a computer. Below is a good deal I found, please let me know
    > what
    > you guys think (i'm not really wanting a refurb):
    >
    > http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1191357&CatId=0

    If I had to buy one it would be a Dell. But why not build your own?
    PCs are now even easier to build, not that it was
    especially difficult. It is very easy and immensely satisfying! And
    you'll save a lot.

    Boscoe Pertwee, Nov 17, 2005

  3. I have seen much better deals lately. Tiger has a bad reputation of not
    standing behind what they sell.
    HP has a desktop pc with a lcd flat screen, with almost the same
    stuff.It sells for $399.00. And it's new, not refurbished.
    I would look around a little more, and avoid refurbished products.
    Good luck on what ever you buy.

    Darlene Shelton, Nov 17, 2005
  4. JTJersey Guest

    On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 07:45:35 -0800, utseay wrote:

    > I need a new computer, but am not really interested in power - just
    > something economical that will run programs smoothly. I would like
    > everyones opinion on some good deals - of course, I'll take power, if
    > its cheap enough - I just don't want to spend alot. I already have a 20
    > Inch LCD display, speakers, keyboard and mouse. I basically only need a
    > computer. Below is a good deal I found, please let me know what you
    > guys think (i'm not really wanting a refurb):

    The Gateways are ok, my wifes been using one for 4 years and it's never
    given us any grief, I think I'd stay away from refurbished items even if
    they come with a manufacturers warranty. In that price range you could
    buy a new one or build a right nice system and have money left over. I'd
    keep looking unless you just really had to have that system.

    --
    Registered Linux User #267152

    JTJersey, Nov 17, 2005