    You can check it out @:
    http://www.tech-bb.net/

    Yes, it's free. =P

    ChaosBlizzard, Dec 1, 2004

  2. ChaosBlizzard

    Shel-hed Guest

    Jesus H. Christ. This must be the millionthed "help site" to spam.. errr...
    advertise here. I doubt if a single one is still on line.

    Shel-hed, Dec 1, 2004

  3. I hope not, I'm about to finish mine. It'll be free and I should make a
    million bucks in about a week.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Dec 1, 2004
  4. I don't plan to make any money... Basically, I am bored out of my mind and
    have nothing to do.. Even in College when I run out of work, I just go to my
    forum and see if anyone needs help... Gives me something to do. :)

    ChaosBlizzard, Dec 1, 2004
  5. ChaosBlizzard

    Mike Easter Guest

    ChaosBlizzard wrote:
    > I have created an online forum resource for users looking for
    > Computer help.
    >
    > It's much more user friendly than your standard newsgroup.
    >
    > You can check it out @:

    You are going to find that gratuitously soliciting in help and
    discussion newsgroups for people to come to your little online forum is
    going to be met with a great deal of animosity and provider complaints.

    It will be considered by most who see your solicitations to be spamming
    and generally unwelcome in newsgroups where posted and people will be
    notifying your provider for both your online connectivity and your
    website, namely & - who
    handles both tech-bb.net and the framework site phpbb88.com

    There are discussions of this problem all over the place.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 1, 2004
  6. Well, I am sure one day when congress passes laws that govern such
    "activity", you will be hear. Until then, anyone can play your game. I'll
    leave it at that. :p

    ChaosBlizzard, Dec 1, 2004
  7. ChaosBlizzard wrote:

    > I have created an online forum resource for users looking for Computer
    > help.

    > It's much more user friendly than your standard newsgroup.

    > You can check it out @: http://www.tech-bb.net/

    > Yes, it's free. =P

    Four million metric buttloads of Usenet groups, and we need another web
    forum shack running some clunky web interface? Are you stilling screen
    doors for submarines and holes in the head, too? We all need those just
    as much.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Play Zork: http://www.xs4all.nl/~pot/infocom/zork1.html

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 1, 2004
  8. Oh yes, of course.. Love those screen doors. They make lovely tea cups..

    Come on people.. You see something you don't like, stop being a baby/child
    out of it. There is an ignore list, use it.

    BTW-
    "Please note that phpBB Group has absolutely no control and cannot in any
    way be held liable over how, where or by whom this board is used. It is
    absolutely pointless contacting phpBB Group in relation to any legal (cease
    and desist, liable, defamatory comment, etc.) matter not directly related to
    the phpbb.com website or the discrete software of phpBB itself. If you do
    email phpBB Group about any third party use of this software then you should
    expect a terse response or no response at all."

    ChaosBlizzard, Dec 1, 2004
  9. ChaosBlizzard wrote:

    > Oh yes, of course.. Love those screen doors. They make lovely tea cups..

    > Come on people.. You see something you don't like, stop being a baby/child
    > out of it. There is an ignore list, use it.

    > BTW-
    > "Please note that phpBB Group has absolutely no control and cannot in any
    > way be held liable over how, where or by whom this board is used. It is
    > absolutely pointless contacting phpBB Group in relation to any legal (cease
    > and desist, liable, defamatory comment, etc.) matter not directly related to
    > the phpbb.com website or the discrete software of phpBB itself. If you do
    > email phpBB Group about any third party use of this software then you should
    > expect a terse response or no response at all."

    And the relevance of that blurb about one of the clunky web forum
    interfaces is...?

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 1, 2004
  10. There really isn't much relevance..

    BTW- Your way off on my hosting domain provider.. :)

    ChaosBlizzard, Dec 1, 2004
  11. ChaosBlizzard

    JimBob Guest

    ChaosBlizzard wrote:
    > I don't plan to make any money... Basically, I am bored out of my
    > mind and have nothing to do.. Even in College when I run out of work,
    > I just go to my forum and see if anyone needs help... Gives me
    > something to do. :)

    Get a nice young lady to court.
    --
    Beware Tiscali.

    JimBob, Dec 1, 2004
  12. I was walking down the street, minding my own business, when on Wed,
    1 Dec 2004 03:02:52 -0500, "ChaosBlizzard"
    <ChaosBlizzard7c1@hotmailNOspam_remove.com> screamed from behind the
    mulberry bush:

    >Oh yes, of course.. Love those screen doors. They make lovely tea cups..
    >
    >Come on people.. You see something you don't like, stop being a baby/child
    >out of it. There is an ignore list, use it.
    >
    >BTW-
    >"Please note that phpBB Group has absolutely no control and cannot in any
    >way be held liable over how, where or by whom this board is used. It is
    >absolutely pointless contacting phpBB Group in relation to any legal (cease
    >and desist, liable, defamatory comment, etc.) matter not directly related to
    >the phpbb.com website or the discrete software of phpBB itself. If you do
    >email phpBB Group about any third party use of this software then you should
    >expect a terse response or no response at all."

    <snip>

    This still doesn't make you any less of a fuckhead.

    HTH

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Dec 1, 2004
  13. ChaosBlizzard

    greyhawkmud Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > ChaosBlizzard wrote:
    >
    > > I have created an online forum resource for users looking for Computer
    > > help.
    > > It's much more user friendly than your standard newsgroup.
    > > You can check it out @: http://www.tech-bb.net/
    > > Yes, it's free. =P

    > Four million metric buttloads of Usenet groups, and we need another web
    > forum shack running some clunky web interface?

    It seems like kiddies & newbies think the web is it.
    Many probably dont even have a clue what the usenet / newsgroups are.
    They think "On the web? It has to be kewlio!". ;)

    I'll stick to usenet.

    greyhawkmud, Dec 1, 2004
  14. ChaosBlizzard

    spamspitter Guest

    Unlike many previous posters , I have actually taken the trouble to
    visit the website. It looks well thought out and I hope it
    succeeds.Good luck.

    spamspitter, Dec 1, 2004
  15. ChaosBlizzard

    Guest

    On 1 Dec 2004 07:59:58 GMT, Blinky the Shark <>
    wrote:

    |> ChaosBlizzard wrote:
    |>
    |> > I have created an online forum resource for users looking for Computer
    |> > help.
    |>
    |> > It's much more user friendly than your standard newsgroup.
    |>
    |> > You can check it out @: http://www.tech-bb.net/
    |>
    |> > Yes, it's free. =P
    |>
    |> Four million metric buttloads of Usenet groups, and we need another web
    |> forum shack running some clunky web interface?

    What else do they have? In an earlier time this person would of put up a
    BBS, that's just unrealistic anymore. The internet has taken that away.

    I ran an 8 line chat board (Cnet, Amiga), I had people calling from all
    over the world; And a verifiable marriage, she lived in Washington state
    USA, he lived somewhere in England - met on my board, Hell he vacationed
    at my house.

    I couldn't do that anymore, IRC has more to offer, and it's really sad;
    web pages like his, and Blogs are all that's available now. His interest
    just happen to be computers and of being of assistance.

    And like running a BBS you gotta advertise or nobody knows. Agreed a
    better way to do this is having his webpage as part of his signature and
    him take an active part in the newsgroups.

    Had to weigh in...and I wish him luck.

    , Dec 2, 2004
  16. LOL! Yeah.. That is on the todo list. :)

    ChaosBlizzard, Dec 2, 2004
  17. Possibly... However you are also on the "fuckhead" list.

    See:
    Me
    You
    Everyonelse

    Complex list it is..

    BTW- God bless your little heart!

    ChaosBlizzard, Dec 2, 2004
  18. See.. I don't mean any harm.. I am trying hard to get this thing working.
    I just want to help people.

    I have knowledge, I don't want to waste it.

    Thank you for looking at it.

    ChaosBlizzard, Dec 2, 2004
  19. That's fine.. I use to use usenet all the time.. I was even a mod/admin for
    a newsgroup at one point.

    ChaosBlizzard, Dec 2, 2004
  20. I do plan on making a webpage to go with my forums.. But for now the fourms
    will have to do.. As hosts can be expensive, and I am already paying for
    college... $36,000 for an associates degree.

    ChaosBlizzard, Dec 2, 2004