    i'm already paying £700.00 quid for?????!!
    Ta in antip
    Andy

    Andrew Johnson, Dec 16, 2004

  2. yes, pay 69.00 usd for norton ghost.

    "Andrew Johnson" <> wrote in message
    news:41owd.2035$...
    > I've just bought a new computer package (not arrived yet), on line from
    > "Tiny" but the bastards have quoted me £69.00 for a recovery disk which
    > returns everything back to the original factory setting if things go wrong
    > and it crashes.. Is there any thing I can do that once I've got the

    system
    > up and going so I can make my own backup recovery disk without splashing

    out

    PinkMonkeyBird, Dec 16, 2004

  3. Andrew  Johnson

    Bob B Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I've just bought a new computer package (not arrived yet), on line from
    > "Tiny" but the bastards have quoted me £69.00 for a recovery disk which
    > returns everything back to the original factory setting if things go wrong
    > and it crashes.. Is there any thing I can do that once I've got the

    system
    > up and going so I can make my own backup recovery disk without splashing

    out
    > what I think is a stupid amount for a c.d. back up disk for a system that
    > i'm already paying £700.00 quid for?????!!
    > Ta in antip
    > Andy

    I was working on a computer from Tiny the other day and found it had on it
    over 600 viruses. As soon as I started to remove them it froze up. The
    backup disk returned it to the condition it was when it first arrived. Just
    like receiving a new computer. Mind typical 'Tiny' as it also had on it
    programmes they thought we all should use!! Bob.

    Bob B, Dec 16, 2004
  4. That is highway robbery. I went through this with Hewlett-Packard for
    two clients of mine. HP wanted to charge them for the disks, and I
    pitched a fit!!! They ended up sending the disks without charge. You
    shouldn't have to pay for an operating system disk and I would cancel the
    order. I could understand if I had bought the computer without an
    operating system, but with an operating system? I don't think so, at
    least not me or any of my clients. If nice doesn't do it, then get nasty.

    "Andrew Johnson" <> chiseled in stone, the
    following words news:41owd.2035$:

    @}-}-------Rosee, Dec 16, 2004
  5. Andrew  Johnson

    Stickems. Guest

    CANCEL, CANCEL, CANCEL YOUR ORDER
    They are the pits.

    Stickems., Dec 16, 2004
  6. Andrew  Johnson

    Howlis Guest

    I'm in the same boat, both "Time" and "Tiny" are the same and it's not
    illegal. They're the only ones I know who do this, if anyone knows a
    work-around I'm interested.

    Howlis, Dec 16, 2004
  7. Andrew  Johnson

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | I've just bought a new computer package (not arrived yet), on line from
    | "Tiny" but the bastards have quoted me £69.00 for a recovery disk which
    | returns everything back to the original factory setting if things go wrong
    | and it crashes.. Is there any thing I can do that once I've got the
    system
    | up and going so I can make my own backup recovery disk without splashing
    out
    | what I think is a stupid amount for a c.d. back up disk for a system that
    | i'm already paying £700.00 quid for?????!!
    | Ta in antip
    | Andy

    My HP did not come with recovery disks. I can buy them from HP, or not. I
    chose not. HP included a program on the system that burned a set of recovery
    DVDs. You might want to ask Tiny if their system has the same type of
    program. If not, I'd get the disks - so I'd have the ability of fixing the
    system if/when something crashes...

    Toolman Tim, Dec 17, 2004
  8. Andrew  Johnson

    M Guest

    You could try asking around to see if anyone has bought the disks and will
    make you a copy. I can't see how this can be illegal since you will have
    the license sticker on the machine.

    M, Dec 17, 2004
  9. Andrew Johnson wrote:

    > I've just bought a new computer package (not arrived yet), on line from
    > "Tiny" but the bastards have quoted me £69.00 for a recovery disk which
    > returns everything back to the original factory setting if things go wrong
    > and it crashes.. Is there any thing I can do that once I've got the
    > system up and going so I can make my own backup recovery disk without
    > splashing out what I think is a stupid amount for a c.d. back up disk for
    > a system that i'm already paying £700.00 quid for?????!!
    > Ta in antip
    > Andy

    I would tell them to either (a) furnish you a STANDARD Windows XP
    installation disk AND THE MANUALS or (b) **** off. Their special recovery
    disk is loaded with tons of spyware and other garbage which takes a lot of
    work to get rid of ... and then if you have to restore the machine, you're
    back in the same boat.

    I've said it before and I'll say it again: THE BEST new computer you can buy
    is either one you put together yourself or one you purchase from the local
    Mom & Pop computer supplier (with the new OS disk/manuals caveat). There's
    no malware installed on the box from the start, you know what you're
    getting, with the Mom & Pop store tech support is quickly available, and
    the parts are standard and can be cheaply and easily replaced.
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Dec 18, 2004