new computer can't access the net

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by SoWeezy, May 30, 2008.

  1. SoWeezy

    SoWeezy Guest

    hi

    I've just bought a new Dell Vostro and am having trouble getting it to
    access web sites
    I have a wireless network set up with 2 other PCs connected and
    working properly for the last couple of years
    they connect via a Safecom ADSL router/modem to UKOnline

    all settings, as far as I can tell, are the same on all 3 PCs but on
    the new Vostro I can only send/receive email and connect to www.bbc.co.uk
    (but not news.bbc.co.uk) and www.google.co.uk
    I can't seem to access any other web sites, doing a random search on
    google I can't connect to any of the resulting web sites

    the only difference I can find is with the Node Type when doing an
    ipconfig/all
    the Vostro says "unknown" and the others say "mixed"

    is this a known issue with an easy fix ? (wishfull thinking)

    thanks

    SoWeezy, May 30, 2008