    top. No trace of any RA 2 activity in task manager.
    Any suggestions?
    George in Las Vegas
    George, Jul 30, 2004

  2. --
    "Hi everybody Hi Doctor Nick"!
    I'm captain Benjamin Sisko
    I have no Idea who I am and have lost my mind if you find this post please
    point me to the nearest hospital for the mentally insane
    Best Regards
    The Fallen One
    "George" <> wrote in message
    > It seems all of the support info on the manufacturers website is
    > unavailable.
    >
    > I can't run Yuri's revenge on my new computer. It will run RA 2 with out a
    > problem.
    >
    > I have a Compaq Presario SR1120NX with a 330 Intel Celeron processor

    running
    > at 2.66GHZ.
    > Memory is 512 MB and I have a 80Gb hard drive.I have tried both the DVD
    > drive and the CD writer drives.
    >
    > When you click on the game icon you get a hourglass by the pointer the
    > screen will briefly flicker and nothing happens.
    > When you insert the disk autoplay gets you the Yuri's Revenge screen,
    > clicking on play gets you a black screen which quickly returns to the desk
    > top. No trace of any RA 2 activity in task manager.
    > Any suggestions?
    > George in Las Vegas

    Hi Just looked your Model up on the Compaq Website and the Game Yuri's
    Revenge does not Support XP Home Edition Unless you have put another
    Operating System on it but you didn't state that your Computer is Fast
    enought to Play but it could the OS Stopping it try running the Program in
    Windows 98 Mode.
    Go to the Icon of the Game on your Desktop and Right Click Go down the menu
    and click on Properties Then Go to the Compatibility Tab then tick run This
    program in Compatibility Mode then Select Windows 98 / Windows Me see what
    happens if I think of any thing else I will post Back.

    The Fallen One, Jul 30, 2004

  3. George

    George Guest

    > Hi Just looked your Model up on the Compaq Website and the Game Yuri's
    > Revenge does not Support XP Home Edition

    It ran on my other computer which was Win XP Home Edition Version 2002
    Service Pack 1. I just check and it is the same on both systems.
    George in Las Vegas
    George, Jul 30, 2004
  4. "George" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi Just looked your Model up on the Compaq Website and the Game Yuri's
    > > Revenge does not Support XP Home Edition

    > It ran on my other computer which was Win XP Home Edition Version 2002
    > Service Pack 1. I just check and it is the same on both systems.
    > George in Las Vegas

    The Compaq Model number you gave me says that it has shared Video memory
    this could have something to do with it or it could be a Program at start up
    stopping it from running.
    The Fallen One, Jul 31, 2004
  5. George

    George Guest

    I had to set the compatibility mode. I didn't know it existed until today.
    Right click on the icon and select properties. Select the compatibility tab
    to set compatibility to Windows 98/ME.
    George in Las Vegas
    George, Jul 31, 2004