new computer and big mouse sensitivity probs in photoshop??

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Steven C, Mar 27, 2005.

  1. Steven  C

    Steven C Guest

    i tried posting this in the photoshop ng as well:

    So my wife and i recently went from my old 700mhz p3 laptop to a new 3
    ghz p4 machine... I installed adobe photoshop and tried to crop a photo
    and i seem to have NO control over the mouse, i cannot make a straight
    line to save my life. I can use the mouse fine in other apps, and it
    seems great until i try and trace around an object, then its crooked
    and bumpy as anything. still my other machine is fine, so i am guessing
    this is a machine setting? or is it...

    This might be due to the new machine being in a different location than
    the last one, but i doubt it... i have tried the mouse in all sorts of
    different places. I tried my old mouse on the new machine but no luck.
    I have also tried to adjust my mouse sensitivity settings, but still
    nothing.

    anyone familiar with this? no point in using this nice fast new machine
    if i cant even use photoshop.

    thanks for any input.

    Steven C, Mar 27, 2005

  2. Steven  C

    traction Guest

    > This might be due to the new machine being in a different location than
    > the last one, but i doubt it... i have tried the mouse in all sorts of
    > different places. I tried my old mouse on the new machine but no luck.
    > I have also tried to adjust my mouse sensitivity settings, but still
    > nothing.
    >
    > anyone familiar with this? no point in using this nice fast new machine
    > if i cant even use photoshop.

    What sort of mouse, ?? Wireless remote, tracker type as in laptops,
    conventional ball type???? all have different characteristics..

    traction, Mar 27, 2005

  3. Steven  C

    steven-c Guest

    the first mouse that i was using on the laptop was a logitech ifeel
    mouseman, one of the first optical mouses on the market a million years
    ago, this new one is a sony mouse, vaio branded. both optical with
    scroll wheels, ect.

    steven-c, Mar 27, 2005
  4. Steven  C

    rwesurfn Guest

    "Steven C" <> wrote in message
    >i tried posting this in the photoshop ng as well:
    >
    > So my wife and i recently went from my old 700mhz p3 laptop to a new 3
    > ghz p4 machine... I installed adobe photoshop and tried to crop a photo
    > and i seem to have NO control over the mouse, i cannot make a straight
    > line to save my life. I can use the mouse fine in other apps, and it
    > seems great until i try and trace around an object, then its crooked
    > and bumpy as anything. still my other machine is fine, so i am guessing
    > this is a machine setting? or is it...
    >
    > This might be due to the new machine being in a different location than
    > the last one, but i doubt it... i have tried the mouse in all sorts of
    > different places. I tried my old mouse on the new machine but no luck.
    > I have also tried to adjust my mouse sensitivity settings, but still
    > nothing.
    >
    > anyone familiar with this? no point in using this nice fast new machine
    > if i cant even use photoshop.
    >
    > thanks for any input.

    I bought a wacom graphics tablet for this problem, You would just not
    believe how well they work for graphic applications. They come with a pen
    and a mouse and does not affect your regular mouse at all. just less than
    $100 at best buy.they take almost all the jitters out of tracing and
    outlining. My kids use it all the time to draw and paint in other programs
    as well. Do some research.....it will be the best thing you ever bought for
    photoshop.
    HTH.
    Mike

    rwesurfn, Mar 27, 2005
  5. Steven  C

    Shawn Hearn Guest

    In article <>,
    "steven-c" <> wrote:

    > the first mouse that i was using on the laptop was a logitech ifeel
    > mouseman, one of the first optical mouses on the market a million years
    > ago, this new one is a sony mouse, vaio branded. both optical with
    > scroll wheels, ect.

    All you need to do is go to the appropriate mouse control panel and
    adjust the sensitivity.

    Shawn Hearn, Mar 27, 2005
  6. Steven  C

    PhotoMan Guest

    "Steven C" <> wrote in message
    > i tried posting this in the photoshop ng as well:
    >
    > So my wife and i recently went from my old 700mhz p3 laptop to a new 3
    > ghz p4 machine... I installed adobe photoshop and tried to crop a photo
    > and i seem to have NO control over the mouse, i cannot make a straight
    > line to save my life. I can use the mouse fine in other apps, and it
    > seems great until i try and trace around an object, then its crooked
    > and bumpy as anything. still my other machine is fine, so i am guessing
    > this is a machine setting? or is it...
    >
    > This might be due to the new machine being in a different location than
    > the last one, but i doubt it... i have tried the mouse in all sorts of
    > different places. I tried my old mouse on the new machine but no luck.
    > I have also tried to adjust my mouse sensitivity settings, but still
    > nothing.
    >
    > anyone familiar with this? no point in using this nice fast new machine
    > if i cant even use photoshop.
    >
    > thanks for any input.

    I had the same situation and wasn't able to adjust the new one to my liking,
    so I shut down the new computer and plugged in the old mouse. Just like old
    times!

    PhotoMan, Mar 28, 2005
  7. Steven  C

    Matt Ion Guest

    Steven C wrote:

    > i tried posting this in the photoshop ng as well:
    >
    > So my wife and i recently went from my old 700mhz p3 laptop to a new 3
    > ghz p4 machine... I installed adobe photoshop and tried to crop a photo
    > and i seem to have NO control over the mouse, i cannot make a straight
    > line to save my life. I can use the mouse fine in other apps, and it
    > seems great until i try and trace around an object, then its crooked
    > and bumpy as anything. still my other machine is fine, so i am guessing
    > this is a machine setting? or is it...
    >
    > This might be due to the new machine being in a different location than
    > the last one, but i doubt it... i have tried the mouse in all sorts of
    > different places. I tried my old mouse on the new machine but no luck.
    > I have also tried to adjust my mouse sensitivity settings, but still
    > nothing.
    >
    > anyone familiar with this? no point in using this nice fast new machine
    > if i cant even use photoshop.
    >
    > thanks for any input.

    Two ideas: one, adjust the sensitivity in the Mouse control panel; two,
    plug your old mouse into the new machine.

    Matt Ion, Apr 2, 2005