    Do you know if future-cards will look worth the paper/card there’re written
    on?

    These certifications deserve better!
    Matthew, Jun 14, 2006

  2. I ordered my MCSA kit 3 weeks ago and still have not received it. In
    addition to that, when I pass 284 tomorrow I'll be a MCSE. Is that normal
    to take nearly a month (or longer) to get a welcome kit?

    --
    Mostly Gizzards

    A+ Network+ MCSA

    Mostly Gizzards, Jun 14, 2006

  3. Matthew

    Matthew Guest

    Yes it can mine took something like 3-4weeks, if you don't get it betime
    4weeks send them an email.

    Matthew, Jun 14, 2006
  4. Matthew

    Guest Guest

    << While I was at work, Matthew spurted out:
    > After achieving my MCSA a few months ago I ordered off for the new
    > MCSA Welcome Kit, only to get it to find that the certificate and
    > certification card looks unbelievable cheap and tacky. I cannot
    > believe that this looks so bad, as you spend so much time studying
    > and these exams are not cheap and their (Microsoft) reward you with a
    > card that looks unbelievably cheap! The old MCP card I have looks
    > miles better which I got in 2004!
    >
    > Do you know if future-cards will look worth the paper/card there're
    > written on?
    >
    > These certifications deserve better!

    You wanna know WHY they look "Cheap and Tacky"?? Because that is exactly what
    this field is becoming. Why should M$ WASTE good money on Expensive
    certificates if more than 50% of the people that get the certifications are
    acquiring them illegally (i.e. Br@indumps).

    I totally agree with you, these certifications do deserve better....but until we
    can stop the @$$fu©kers from stealing our certifications, I don't blame M$ one
    iota.

    --
    BD
    MCNGP #00110011
    Guest, Jun 14, 2006
  5. > if more than 50% of the people that get the certifications are
    > acquiring them illegally (i.e. Br@indumps).

    That just reminded me of something. 87% of all statistics are made up.

    Death from Above
    Death from Above, Jun 14, 2006
  6. Matthew

    Guest Guest

    << While I was at work, Death from Above spurted out:
    >> if more than 50% of the people that get the certifications are
    >> acquiring them illegally (i.e. Br@indumps).

    > That just reminded me of something. 87% of all statistics are made
    > up.
    >

    > Death from Above

    And 90% of the US population believes they are of "Above Average Intelligence"
    Guest, Jun 14, 2006
  7. Matthew

    Briscobar Guest

    BD <BD> rambled:

    >> These certifications deserve better!
    >>

    > You wanna know WHY they look "Cheap and Tacky"?? Because that is
    > exactly what this field is becoming. Why should M$ WASTE good money
    > on Expensive certificates if more than 50% of the people that get the
    > certifications are acquiring them illegally (i.e. Br@indumps).
    >
    > I totally agree with you, these certifications do deserve
    > better....but until we can stop the @$$fu©kers from stealing our
    > certifications, I don't blame M$ one iota.

    Let me start off by saying I agree...but as Death from Above alluded to,
    there's another issue here I'd like to get cleared up, especially amongst
    the MCNGP.

    How do we know that "more than 50%" of testtakers dump their way through it?
    Or more than 5%? Or screw it, 500%, if that were possible? The truth is we
    just don't know, and I doubt we'll ever have any reliable way to take even a
    remotely educated guess. Sure, we get 10, 15, whatever, morans a month in
    the NGs asking for dumps for 070-xxx, but if and when they're discouraged
    (either because of us or because they can't find them for free), how do we
    know they actually took the exam? Or took it and passed? Or were just trolls
    trying to rile us up? We don't.

    I'm not saying dumpers don't exist and aren't infesting our community,
    because they obviously are, but to what extent? I know a few MC**, and all
    but one is capable, and I wouldn't suspect of dumping (I have never bluntly
    asked any of them). For every legit MCSE, is there a dumper waiting to take
    his job? Two? For every legit MCP, how many vinays, kellymes, wonghs, and
    cobols are there? I'm quite positive the overall capability of your average
    MC** has gone down in the last few years, but is that ONLY due to dumpers
    and HR departments catching on to their insidious ways? Surely there could
    be another contributing factor, couldn't there?

    I just don't think we (the MCNGP) should get all bent out of shape when the
    word "braindump" comes up in conversation, as we don't know its vastness.
    Yes, there are dumpers, and yes they deserve to be vilified. But I don't
    think we can attribute all of the tech world's problems to cheaters. I'd
    love it if that were the case, but there's so many reasons why
    certifications aren't what they used to be:

    1) Of course, dumpers.
    2) College graduates. They're at an all-time high.
    3) Economy. Hire the guy with "potential", not the guy who's proven himself.
    He's cheaper. That's how I got my job.
    4) Google. Well, not Google specifically, but the new corporate culture of
    free-wheeling,-hippie-open source-liberal-"don't be evil"-ness. While this
    in itself doesn't make me hate Corporate America, it does make it look less
    attractive. Oh, and hey, Microsoft is the epitomy of Corporate America.

    ....and probably a few hundred more factors that i'm oblivious to as well.

    All in all, I'm not saying that dumpers aren't responsible for the slacking
    reputation of Microsoft certs, and I'm not saying that we overreact to them,
    and I'm not saying that doesn't give them what they
    deserve. I'm just saying that that we simply don't know if THEY ALONE are
    the cause, or even the primary cause of the decline of the certs. Because,
    quite frankly, it is extremely possible to be a good book learner, get good
    grades in class, and even demonstrate skill in a classroom setting, and
    still be a total incompetent d0uchebag when it comes to the real world.

    Just sayin.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    nerd32768 needs your business. Visit www.mcngp.com today.
    Briscobar, Jun 14, 2006
  8. Matthew

    Consultant Guest

    id like to just point my finger at and blame the dutch. we all know that is
    truly where the problem lies.

    Consultant, Jun 14, 2006
  9. Matthew

    Chris Guest

    <Briscobar snippage>

    This guy's good.
    Chris, Jun 14, 2006
  10. <snip>

    Well said.

    The places that I have worked have all respected Microsoft certifications.
    At my last job and at my current employer, I have been involved in hiring
    several people. Having Microsoft certifications does get you noticed but it
    also means that more is expected from the candidate. If they have cheated
    their way through the certification, or if they have falsified their resume,
    it will be easily discovered in the phone interview. I've actually been
    surprised by the small number of candidates with certifications. But I am a
    developer and those certifications aren't nearly as popular as the IT
    certifications.

    Death from Above
    Death from Above, Jun 14, 2006
  11. Matthew

    Guest Guest

    "Briscobar" <> wrote in message

    > Let me start off by saying I agree...but as Death from Above alluded to,
    > there's another issue here I'd like to get cleared up, especially amongst
    > the MCNGP.
    >
    > How do we know that "more than 50%" of testtakers dump their way through it?
    > Or more than 5%? Or screw it, 500%, if that were possible? The truth is we
    > just don't know, and I doubt we'll ever have any reliable way to take even a
    > remotely educated guess. Sure, we get 10, 15, whatever, morans a month in
    > the NGs asking for dumps for 070-xxx, but if and when they're discouraged
    > (either because of us or because they can't find them for free), how do we
    > know they actually took the exam? Or took it and passed? Or were just trolls
    > trying to rile us up? We don't.

    Sorry I didn't have time to reply earlier, tons of work. You're absolutely
    correct. Maybe I shouldn't have used that particular phrase, maybe "alot", or
    "many", or even "...as there are clearly more br@indumpers these days than there
    were a few years ago..." would have sufficed. I was basically trying to point
    out that too many dumpers are making it through the ranks.

    Sure, we only see a handful of morons in these NGs, but have you taken the time
    to read through some of the dump forums that are out there? That's all I've
    been doing for the past few weeks (I blame that on my lack of a life, right
    now). I'm in there flaming MCPs for using them, and I'm trying to discourage the
    n00bs from even looking at them. I've been sending SH *at least* one e-mail per
    day with a list of MCPs and their e-mail addresses.

    I know it isn't (comparatively) alot, but there are 1000's of morons that are
    posting dumps and requesting dumps, and not only for M$, but for Cisco, Oracle,
    HP, Sun, Novell, you name it. If there is an IT Cert out there, there are people
    posting and looking for dumps. I know you already know this Briscobar, but the
    more they post and the more they get the word out that dumps are the way to get
    an easy certificate, the quicker this industry will be filled with morons...and
    it's filling up pretty quickly.

    I can say, in these NGs, it is pretty difficult to determine whether or not a
    person is an MCP, mainly because of our (MCNGP) presence. But if you go to a
    dump forum where everyone is looking for the dumps, these halfwits readily post
    their e-mail addresses hoping that others will e-mail them with links to dumps,
    and they will quite often say "I passed 70-### today....t3stk!ngs rules!" or
    some stupid sh!t like that. It's pathetic.

    > I'm not saying dumpers don't exist and aren't infesting our community,
    > because they obviously are, but to what extent? I know a few MC**, and all
    > but one is capable, and I wouldn't suspect of dumping (I have never bluntly
    > asked any of them). For every legit MCSE, is there a dumper waiting to take
    > his job? Two? For every legit MCP, how many vinays, kellymes, wonghs, and
    > cobols are there? I'm quite positive the overall capability of your average
    > MC** has gone down in the last few years, but is that ONLY due to dumpers
    > and HR departments catching on to their insidious ways? Surely there could
    > be another contributing factor, couldn't there?

    I understand completely, and I agree with you 100%. Until we can get some of
    these fu©kwits stripped of their credentials, we just won't know.

    Hmmm...other contributing factors? ... Sure, I know TONS of "Booksmart" people
    that can read a book and recite, verbatim, any page you ask. But put them in
    front of something with more than 1 moving part and they're clueless.

    Or, there are people that have a seemingly short memory capacity. I'm sure
    you've got cluzers that you have to tell the same thing to a dozen times over
    before they *start* to understand what you're talking about.

    There is also this new ADD/ADHD era that surfaced within the last 10-15 years.

    But with all of those, I still say that br@indumpers are at the top of the list
    of people that are devaluing this industry. Only because they are the crowd that
    is blatantly disrespecting the hard work that all of the honest MCPs have put
    into getting their certificates.

    > I just don't think we (the MCNGP) should get all bent out of shape when the
    > word "braindump" comes up in conversation, as we don't know its vastness.

    True, but I don't think it should just be overlooked either.

    > Yes, there are dumpers, and yes they deserve to be vilified. But I don't
    > think we can attribute all of the tech world's problems to cheaters. I'd
    > love it if that were the case, but there's so many reasons why
    > certifications aren't what they used to be:
    >
    > 1) Of course, dumpers.
    > 2) College graduates. They're at an all-time high.
    > 3) Economy. Hire the guy with "potential", not the guy who's proven himself.
    > He's cheaper. That's how I got my job.
    > 4) Google. Well, not Google specifically, but the new corporate culture of
    > free-wheeling,-hippie-open source-liberal-"don't be evil"-ness. While this
    > in itself doesn't make me hate Corporate America, it does make it look less
    > attractive. Oh, and hey, Microsoft is the epitomy of Corporate America.
    >
    > ...and probably a few hundred more factors that i'm oblivious to as well.
    >
    > All in all, I'm not saying that dumpers aren't responsible for the slacking
    > reputation of Microsoft certs, and I'm not saying that we overreact to them,
    > and I'm not saying that doesn't give them what they
    > deserve. I'm just saying that that we simply don't know if THEY ALONE are
    > the cause, or even the primary cause of the decline of the certs. Because,
    > quite frankly, it is extremely possible to be a good book learner, get good
    > grades in class, and even demonstrate skill in a classroom setting, and
    > still be a total incompetent d0uchebag when it comes to the real world.
    >
    > Just sayin.

    You're absolutely right, we can't attribute all the problems to cheaters, but we
    can try to take them out of the equation. But then that's what MCNGP is all
    about, right?

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP #00110011
    Guest, Jun 15, 2006
  12. Matthew

    MitchS Guest

    "Consultant" <> wrote in message
    > id like to just point my finger at and blame the dutch. we all know that
    > is truly where the problem lies.

    Frikkin A! man, it's always the bloody Dutch, crazy Dutch bastads.

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
    MitchS, Jun 15, 2006