  1. KJB

    KJB Guest

    Saw this on their web page. Anyone know what the price is gonna be?
    KJB, Aug 21, 2003

  2. KJB

    dslr Guest

    KJB wrote:

    > Saw this on their web page. Anyone know what the price is gonna be?

    Here's a hint - try reading newsgroups before just dropping in and
    posting.

    --
    regards,
    dslr
    dslr, Aug 21, 2003

  3. KJB

    JK Guest

    Only 70,000 being made per month initially?
    http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/030820/1926001296_2.html

    JK, Aug 21, 2003
  4. KJB

    JK Guest

    JK, Aug 21, 2003
  5. KJB

    JK Guest

    The 18-55mm zoom lens(28mm-90mm equivalent) that is being bundled
    with it is f3.5-f5.6. UGH! Why can't they bundle it with an f2.8 zoom, or
    a 50mm f1.8 lens instead? At least it will be available without a lens as
    well, although many dealers might be pushing the body plus slow lens combo?

    JK, Aug 21, 2003
  6. KJB

    VT Guest

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 12:44:46 -0400, JK <> wrote:

    >The 18-55mm zoom lens(28mm-90mm equivalent) that is being bundled
    >with it is f3.5-f5.6. UGH! Why can't they bundle it with an f2.8 zoom, or
    >a 50mm f1.8 lens instead? At least it will be available without a lens as
    >well, although many dealers might be pushing the body plus slow lens combo?

    Most 35mm (and APS) format lenses (esp zooms) have smaller max
    apertures due to the size of the glass and the difficulty in making
    lenses with large pieces of glass.

    A few larger max apertures are available on 35mm format lenses but at
    pretty "exotic" prices.

    Due to the (much) smaller CCD sizes and the accompanying (much)
    shorter actual focal length lenses - we have "enjoyed" much larger max
    apertures than commonly available for the 35mm film format.

    Using 35mm format lenses on DSLRs - full (35mm) or partial frame -
    means smaller apertures at lower prices, or larger aperture at (much)
    higher prices - if available at all.

    I undertand according to the press release the Canon Digital Rebel
    will be available as a body only kit so that one can buy any lens that
    one finds suitable.

    --
    Vincent
    remove CLOTHES for e-mail

    http://UnknownVincent.cjb.net/
    VT, Aug 21, 2003
  7. KJB

    KJB Guest

    My apologies. I'm sure I must have killed the memory capabilities of your
    piece of shit 386 computer that you use to read the newsgroups. Don't you
    have anything better to do than be an cocksucking asshole?

    'COCKSUCKER': wrote

    KJB, Aug 21, 2003
  8. KJB

    dslr Guest

    KJB wrote:

    wrote
    > "dslr" <> wrote in message
    >
    > > Here's a hint - try reading newsgroups before just dropping in and
    > > posting.
    > >

    > My apologies. I'm sure I must have killed the memory capabilities of your
    > piece of shit 386 computer that you use to read the newsgroups.

    Nope not in the slightest - but if you can't even be arsed to read posts
    that are less than 24 hours old...

    Plonk!

    --
    regards,
    dslr
    dslr, Aug 21, 2003
  9. KJB

    KJB Guest

    Didn't have hours to sort through all the other 'zionest' racism bullshit
    that seems to be appearing in this newsgroup.
    Maybe it should be moderated..

    KJB, Aug 21, 2003
  10. KJB

    JK Guest

    Ken Alverson wrote:

    > "JK" <> wrote in message
    > > The 18-55mm zoom lens(28mm-90mm equivalent) that is being bundled
    > > with it is f3.5-f5.6. UGH! Why can't they bundle it with an f2.8 zoom,

    > Because they're targeting the entry level market,

    Most people wouldn't agree that $1000 is entry level for a camera.
    Sub $500 would be entry level for an slr. The $1000 price point is
    in the prosumer range. Those who buy cameras in that range
    usually don't want a slow zoom lens.

    > and f2.8 zooms are pricey.

    Some are a bit pricey, but others aren't so expensive.

    > > or a 50mm f1.8 lens instead?

    > Because the entry level

    Since when is a $1000 US camera entry level?????

    JK, Aug 21, 2003
  11. KJB

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "KJB" amy

    >Saw this on their web page. Anyone know what the price is gonna be?

    Canon web site blurb said estimated street price was $899 for the camera or
    $999 for the camera and the lens.
    Bill Hilton, Aug 21, 2003
  12. KJB

    John O. Guest

    > Since when is a $1000 US camera entry level?????

    It's a REBEL. Price for film entry level and digital entry level are two
    different things. If you only want to spend $400, you are going to get a
    point and shoot in digital or entry level SLR in film. I suspect you
    know this and are being a little "troll like".
    --
    John O.
    There is no slack in light attack.
    John O., Aug 21, 2003
  13. KJB

    Bram Guest

    "KJB" <> wrote:

    > My apologies. I'm sure I must have killed the memory capabilities of your
    > piece of shit 386 computer that you use to read the newsgroups. Don't you
    > have anything better to do than be an cocksucking asshole?

    Topposter,
    Offensive language,
    Likely a troll.

    *Plonk*
    Bram, Aug 21, 2003
  14. KJB <> wrote:
    :
    : My apologies. I'm sure I must have killed the memory capabilities of your
    : piece of shit 386 computer that you use to read the newsgroups. Don't you
    : have anything better to do than be an cocksucking asshole?

    Wow! Into my killfile that quickly! A record!

    -Charles

    --
    Charles Robinson
    Eagan, MN

    http://www.visi.com/~charlesr
    Charles Robinson, Aug 22, 2003
  15. KJB

    Todd Walker Guest

    Todd Walker, Aug 22, 2003
  16. KJB

    Jim D Guest

    JK <> wrote in news::

    > The 18-55mm zoom lens(28mm-90mm equivalent) that is being bundled
    > with it is f3.5-f5.6. UGH! Why can't they bundle it with an f2.8 zoom, or
    > a 50mm f1.8 lens instead?

    The 50mm f/1.8 would be a great combo. The f/2.8 zoom would cost more than
    the camera.
    Jim D, Aug 24, 2003
  17. KJB

    Jim D Guest

    JK <> wrote in news::

    >> Because the entry level

    > Since when is a $1000 US camera entry level?????

    When it is a digital SLR.
    Jim D, Aug 24, 2003