New Canon EOS 2D (22 Megapixel Camera)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Hendrik Brixius, Sep 16, 2004.

  1. Hendrik Brixius, Sep 16, 2004

  2. Hendrik Brixius, Sep 16, 2004

  3. "Hendrik Brixius" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.photim.com/Arrive/Sommaire.asp :
    > " Canon annoncera, le 27, un nouveau reflex pro (EOS 2D /22 mpix) et

    des
    > Ixus ultra plats (Ixus 40). "
    >
    > At the 27th Canon will announce a new reflex camera pro (EOS 2d /22
    > mpix) and a ultra dishes Ixus (Ixus 40).

    Ultra-flat Ixus

    Bart
    Bart van der Wolf, Sep 16, 2004
  4. Hendrik Brixius

    Alan Browne Guest

    Hendrik Brixius wrote:

    > http://www.photim.com/Arrive/Sommaire.asp :
    > " Canon annoncera, le 27, un nouveau reflex pro (EOS 2D /22 mpix) et des
    > Ixus ultra plats (Ixus 40). "
    >
    > At the 27th Canon will announce a new reflex camera pro (EOS 2d /22
    > mpix) and a ultra dishes Ixus (Ixus 40).

    "plat" means "flat" or "thin" in this context.

    So: "ultra thin". Gotta watch thos xlator programs.

    (And that would be "On the 27th...")

    Alan Browne, Sep 16, 2004
  5. Hendrik Brixius

    Jerry Guest

    Is there any place that speaks English??

    Jerry, Sep 16, 2004
  6. Hendrik Brixius

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >Gotta watch thos xlator programs.

    My favorites are the ones that translate "Canon" as "big gun" :)
    Bill Hilton, Sep 16, 2004
  7. Re: [OT] New Canon EOS 2D (22 Megapixel Camera)

    dy (Bill Hilton) writes:
    >> Gotta watch thos xlator programs.

    > My favorites are the ones that translate "Canon" as "big gun" :)

    Those are the ones that can't spell (a big gun is a "cannon").

    A canon, if not a manufacturerer of fine cameras, is either a janitor
    at a cathedral, a body of writings, or a weird way of singing.
    Gisle Hannemyr, Sep 16, 2004
  8. Hendrik Brixius

    Hils Guest

    Re: [OT] New Canon EOS 2D (22 Megapixel Camera)

    Gisle Hannemyr wrote

    >A canon, if not a manufacturerer of fine cameras, is either a janitor
    >at a cathedral, a body of writings, or a weird way of singing.

    It's not weird, and not restricted to singing, though canons are
    probably better-known to schoolkids in the UK as "rounds", with Frere
    Jacque and London's Burning perhaps top of the canon hit parade. The
    canon was something of a vogue with Europe's composers in the 15th and
    16th centuries, who developed it to a high degree of sophistication
    before moving on to other forms.

    Perhaps the best-known canon of this type is Tallis' motet Spem in
    Alium, in which the composer uses canon form to construct a piece with
    40 independent parts. It's such a singular piece of music that it's
    impossible not to wonder the extent to which Tallis was consciously
    showing off, or perhaps testing himself by pushing his already
    considerable technical composition skills to the limit. In any event the
    end result is astonishingly beautiful, like an ocean of voices.

    Recommended listening for all lovers of great art!

    --
    Hil
    Hils, Sep 18, 2004
  9. Hendrik Brixius

    Beemer Guest

    In article <>, bhilton665
    @aol.comedy says...
    > >Gotta watch thos xlator programs.

    > My favorites are the ones that translate "Canon" as "big gun" :)

    Or hydraulic ram as "water buffalo"

    Beemer
    Beemer, Oct 31, 2004