    Looking at the shape, it's a vast improvement on the previous lens visually
    and no doubt it's going to be excellent optically.

    http://i10.tinypic.com/2s9y8fk.jpg

    Shaun, Sep 14, 2006

  2. Shaun

    Shaun Guest

    Don't believe me?
    http://i10.tinypic.com/44blt8y.jpg
    http://tinyurl.com/mus4j

    However, even though it is on the Canon UK website, after looking more
    closely, it looks more like a 600 F4 to me.

    Shaun, Sep 14, 2006

  3. Shaun

    JohnR66 Guest

    "Shaun" <> wrote in message
    > Well, maybe I am crazy, but this looks like a new EF 300mm f/4L IS USM is
    > on the cards.
    >
    > Looking at the shape, it's a vast improvement on the previous lens
    > visually and no doubt it's going to be excellent optically.
    >
    > http://i10.tinypic.com/2s9y8fk.jpg

    Owning the 300mm f4 L IS, I can tell you this is not it. Look at the size of
    the lensmount in relation to the rest of the lens. Much to big to be the
    300mm f/4.
    John

    JohnR66, Sep 15, 2006
  4. Shaun

    Matt Ion Guest

    I'd take either one... or both...

    Matt Ion, Sep 15, 2006
  5. Shaun

    Shaun Guest

    See my second post under my original post.

    Shaun, Sep 15, 2006