    Messages:
    2
    I need help to make a simple client/server FTP.plzzz
    muddi, Dec 24, 2007

  2. muddi

    chankya

    Joined:
    Dec 24, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Sorry i does not have much knowledge about the P addresses, i am a debt consolidator and i am here to get the knowledge of PC and interact with the community so if you want to ask something about debt than just Pm me aytime, i will be happy to hlp you in that as i know abiut that field.:captain:

    ------------------
    My Blog
    Debt Elimination
    chankya, Dec 31, 2007

  3. muddi

    urstop

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2007
    Messages:
    11
    Location:
    London
    I have expereince working with the various functions to upload and download files from FTP using VB. Let me know what your queries are and I will see if I can help you.

    Thanks,
    UrStop
    urstop, Jan 2, 2008
  4. muddi

    asma

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2007
    Messages:
    9
    i am very sorry
    i can't help you :(
    i will just study a network course in this semister....
    asma, Feb 7, 2008
  5. muddi

    d_wzrdv_z

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Location:
    Melbourne
    i just did this - the ftp server was behind a firewall so i wrote a script (something like ftp: open, connect, ascii, prompt, mget *.pdf, close, disconnect, quit) to bring the files in, then picked them out of a local directory. let me know if u need more help mate.
    cheers
    dwiz

    ps remember there is no move in ftp, so after get or put, call delete. also, you should set the receiving directory with lcd. and further, ensure that the process has inetpub permissions, esp in Temporary ASP.NET files, if that's where the files are going.
    d_wzrdv_z, Jul 24, 2008
  6. muddi

    torontolife

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2009
    Messages:
    32
    What language are you planning to use? Remember that FileZilla is a good open source FTP client, and you can always take a look at it's source code.

    That would be a good place to start in the big boy's league, as it were.
    torontolife, Jun 4, 2009
  7. muddi

    jbuyers

    Joined: