    in the box sets?

    Thanks,
    Aphelion
    Aphelion, Nov 18, 2003

  2. Aphelion

    Wade365 Guest

    << Will the reissued Bonds streeting tomorrow be available individually or only
    in the box sets? >>

    When the first box came out, there was an option to buy the films
    individually... I would imagine this new set will follow suit.

    Is this the one with "Thunderball" and "Majesty's SS" packed in with the rest
    of the Roger Moore crap?
    Wade365, Nov 18, 2003

  3. Aphelion

    CLOSEDOWN8 Guest

    They will not be available seperately, at least not initially. MGM says it's a
    possibility early next year, but tomorrow, you'll only be able to buy the sets,
    although the seven films from the first set, "Dr. No", "Goldfinger", "The Man
    With The Golden Gun", "The Spy Who Loved Me", "Licence To Kill", "Goldeneye"
    and "Tomorrow Never Dies" are still available seperately, as is "Die Another
    Day". For the other 12, you're gonna have to split up the boxes or find the
    older, out-of-print versions.
    --------------------------------
    "That's the worst reverse-acting I've ever seen!" -Sam Raimi
    CLOSEDOWN8, Nov 18, 2003
  4. Aphelion

    Aphelion Guest

    > They will not be available seperately, at least not initially.

    Damn! And when do they go on moratorium again?
    Aphelion, Nov 18, 2003
  5. Aphelion

    Scot Gardner Guest

    "Wade365" <> wrote in message
    > Is this the one with "Thunderball" and "Majesty's SS" packed in with
    > the rest of the Roger Moore crap?

    Sure, why not.

    And why bother packaging the movies in the order in which they were
    released? It's best to put _Dr. No_ and _Goldfinger in the first box and
    then put _From Russia With Love_ in the second box.
    Scot Gardner, Nov 18, 2003
  6. > (CLOSEDOWN8) wrote:

    >They will not be available seperately, at least not initially. MGM says it's a
    >possibility early next year, but tomorrow, you'll only be able to buy the sets,

    Well, heck, this is November. I can wait until "early next year" to
    see if individual titles are offered.
    Maureen Goldman, Nov 18, 2003
  7. Aphelion

    Wade365 Guest

    << And why bother packaging the movies in the order in which they were
    released? It's best to put _Dr. No_ and _Goldfinger in the first box and
    then put _From Russia With Love_ in the second box.

    I'll end up buying them all sooner or later, but you can certainly tell the
    studio understands what dogs a few of them are by what's tagged with what.

    I watched my P&S version of "License to Kill" the other day and it's not all
    that horrid, but I am in no hurry to get "Octopussy" or "View To A Kill", (no
    matter how big a Bond fan and C. Walken fan I am, which is pretty big)...
    Wade365, Nov 18, 2003
  8. Aphelion

    Mikey Guest

    The three R1 boxes go on moratorium Jan. 19, 2004. Don't count on them
    releasing individual titles before then.

    Mikey, Nov 19, 2003
  9. Aphelion

    Bob Bohling Guest

    I had the same question. I am only short 6 of the 20 titles and they are
    divided between sets 2 and 3.
    I will not buy the two sets and have the doubles of the other titles. When
    set 1 was released, the individual
    titles were released at the same time. I checked several locations today
    and only found the boxed sets.
    Looks like MGM is attempting to try an initial revenue boost, by trying to
    force boxed sales. I will be
    doing without, if that remains the case.
    Bob Bohling, Nov 19, 2003
  10. Aphelion

    Wade365 Guest

    << The three R1 boxes go on moratorium Jan. 19, 2004. Don't count on them
    releasing individual titles before then. >>

    I've seen them so many times each, I can wait for that... "Majesty's Secret
    Service" is VERY high on my must-have list though, I gotta say...arguably the
    best Bond film ever.
    Wade365, Nov 19, 2003
  11. On 19 Nov 2003, Wade365 wrote:

    > << The three R1 boxes go on moratorium Jan. 19, 2004. Don't count on them
    > releasing individual titles before then. >>
    >
    > I've seen them so many times each, I can wait for that... "Majesty's Secret
    > Service" is VERY high on my must-have list though, I gotta say...arguably the
    > best Bond film ever.

    The question remains...have they fixed the transfer (missing a few
    snippets of scenes and dialogue) from the first DVD release of OHMSS?

    swac
    Stephen Cooke, Nov 19, 2003
  12. Aphelion wrote:
    > Will the reissued Bonds streeting tomorrow be available individually or only
    > in the box sets?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Aphelion

    No clue if they'll be released individually, but you can get a great
    deal on the first two volumes now. Deepdiscountdvd.com is offering
    their semi-annual 20% sale, and their regular price is 54.95 each. This
    puts in around $88 for the first two boxes (before tax), they even offer
    free shipping (though I wouldn't recommend that option if you want the
    discs before Christmas). I picked up the first two sets for my father
    as a Christmas present from Best Buy for $99 which is a decent price,
    I'm quite tempted to order a second for myself. I figure at $100 for 10
    movies, that's $10 a pop; now granted not all the bond movies are worth
    $10, but on average I'd say they're at least worth that.
    Nicholas Andrade, Nov 11, 2006