    study kid?

    Any input will be appreciated.

    Phillip
    Phillip, Sep 28, 2005

  2. Phillip

    smackedass Guest

    Stick around, Phillip...I hope you don't get beat up too bad.

    Sincerely,...really, really sincerely,

    smackedass
    smackedass, Sep 28, 2005

  3. Phillip

    Crat Guest

    lol
    Crat, Sep 28, 2005
  4. Phillip

    PM Guest

    Phillip wrote:
    > I would like to have A+ certification.
    > If I buy A+ voucher, does study kid comes with it or I need to buy seperate
    > study kid?
    >
    > Any input will be appreciated.

    So they're giving away kids with vouchers now? I wonder where that's
    legal. ;)
    PM, Sep 30, 2005
  5. Phillip

    Jamco Guest

    the ones I bought from getcertifyforless.com came with some basic study
    guides and practice questions. I breifly looked at them, but I would
    recommend you get something else to use to study/learn from.

    Jamco, Sep 30, 2005
  6. Phillip

    Bob Guest

    PM wrote:
    > Phillip wrote:
    >
    >> I would like to have A+ certification.
    >> If I buy A+ voucher, does study kid comes with it or I need to buy
    >> seperate
    >> study kid?
    >>
    >> Any input will be appreciated.
    >>

    > So they're giving away kids with vouchers now? I wonder where that's
    > legal. ;)

    If you're going to be persnickety about typo's, you should have noticed that
    "seperate" is correctly spelled "separate".

    Also, in your post since your sentence asks a question, you have to add a
    question mark to the end of the sentence. "I wonder where that's legal?"

    Thank god you correctly formulated your contractions.
    Bob, Oct 10, 2005
  7. On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:56:45 GMT, Bob <> wrote:

    >PM wrote:
    >> Phillip wrote:
    >>
    >>> I would like to have A+ certification.
    >>> If I buy A+ voucher, does study kid comes with it or I need to buy
    >>> seperate
    >>> study kid?
    >>>
    >>> Any input will be appreciated.
    >>>

    >> So they're giving away kids with vouchers now? I wonder where that's
    >> legal. ;)

    >If you're going to be persnickety about typo's, you should have noticed that
    >"seperate" is correctly spelled "separate".
    >
    >Also, in your post since your sentence asks a question, you have to add a
    >question mark to the end of the sentence. "I wonder where that's legal?"
    >
    >Thank god you correctly formulated your contractions.

    What I refer to as "Tom's Law" strikes again. :)

    Tom
    Tom MacIntyre, Oct 11, 2005
  8. Phillip

    PM Guest

    Bob wrote:

    > If you're going to be persnickety about typo's, you should have noticed
    > that "seperate" is correctly spelled "separate".

    I wasn't being "persnickety." If I was, then I would have pointed out
    all the errors in his post. I was simply making a light-hearted joke at
    a humorous typo. The " ;) " placed at the end of my post should have
    told you how serious I was.

    > Also, in your post since your sentence asks a question, you have to add
    > a question mark to the end of the sentence. "I wonder where that's legal?"

    The funny part is that you're wrong. My last sentence was an *indirect*
    question, which should *not* be terminated with a question mark.

    http://www.uottawa.ca/academic/arts/writcent/hypergrammar/sntpurps.html

    =============================
    Direct/Interrogative
    When was Lester Pearson prime minister?
    Indirect/Declarative
    I wonder when Lester Pearson was prime minister.

    A direct question requires an answer from the reader, while an indirect
    question does not.
    =============================

    I'm sure you could find something else wrong with my post, but why
    bother? I only replied to the original poster because his typo made for
    a humorous result. I'm guessing he's not a native English speaker, so
    his typos are understandable and not something I would come down on him
    for. If I made a similar typo while posting something in French, I'd
    get a chuckle out of it too.

    > Thank god you correctly formulated your contractions.

    Is "typo's" a contraction? ;)
    PM, Oct 12, 2005
  9. On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:48:00 -0500, PM <> wrote:

    >Bob wrote:
    >>

    >> If you're going to be persnickety about typo's, you should have noticed
    >> that "seperate" is correctly spelled "separate".

    >I wasn't being "persnickety." If I was, then I would have pointed out
    >all the errors in his post. I was simply making a light-hearted joke at
    >a humorous typo. The " ;) " placed at the end of my post should have
    >told you how serious I was.
    >

    >> Also, in your post since your sentence asks a question, you have to add
    >> a question mark to the end of the sentence. "I wonder where that's legal?"

    >The funny part is that you're wrong. My last sentence was an *indirect*
    >question, which should *not* be terminated with a question mark.

    A verbal transcription with a raised inflection at the end would rate
    a question mark, though? (Question mark included for emphasis) :)

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Oct 12, 2005
  10. On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:56:45 GMT, Bob <> wrote:

    >PM wrote:
    >> Phillip wrote:
    >>
    >>> I would like to have A+ certification.
    >>> If I buy A+ voucher, does study kid comes with it or I need to buy
    >>> seperate
    >>> study kid?
    >>>
    >>> Any input will be appreciated.
    >>>

    >> So they're giving away kids with vouchers now? I wonder where that's
    >> legal. ;)

    >If you're going to be persnickety about typo's, you should have noticed that
    >"seperate" is correctly spelled "separate".
    >
    >Also, in your post since your sentence asks a question, you have to add a
    >question mark to the end of the sentence. "I wonder where that's legal?"
    >
    >Thank god you correctly formulated your contractions.

    Are you crazy? "I wonder where that's legal" is a statement, not a
    question. Now you're going to lead him off in a strange direction,
    he'll be confused for life. (I'm beginning to wonder of technicians
    can proofread....)
    William Conley, Oct 14, 2005
  11. On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 05:04:40 GMT, William Conley
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:56:45 GMT, Bob <> wrote:
    >
    >>PM wrote:

    >>> So they're giving away kids with vouchers now? I wonder where that's
    >>> legal. ;)

    >>If you're going to be persnickety about typo's, you should have noticed that
    >>"seperate" is correctly spelled "separate".
    >>
    >>Also, in your post since your sentence asks a question, you have to add a
    >>question mark to the end of the sentence. "I wonder where that's legal?"
    >>
    >>Thank god you correctly formulated your contractions.

    >Are you crazy? "I wonder where that's legal" is a statement, not a
    >question. Now you're going to lead him off in a strange direction,
    >he'll be confused for life. (I'm beginning to wonder of technicians
    >can proofread....)

    Do you know the definition of crazy? It certainly doesn't fit for an
    assertion that a question mark should be used, since, with the right
    inflection in a verbal setting, it certainly would be.

    Tom
    Tom MacIntyre, Oct 14, 2005
  12. On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 18:42:41 GMT, Tom MacIntyre
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 05:04:40 GMT, William Conley
    ><> wrote:

    >>>If you're going to be persnickety about typo's, you should have noticed that
    >>>"seperate" is correctly spelled "separate".
    >>>
    >>>Also, in your post since your sentence asks a question, you have to add a
    >>>question mark to the end of the sentence. "I wonder where that's legal?"
    >>>
    >>>Thank god you correctly formulated your contractions.

    >>Are you crazy? "I wonder where that's legal" is a statement, not a
    >>question. Now you're going to lead him off in a strange direction,
    >>he'll be confused for life. (I'm beginning to wonder of technicians
    >>can proofread....)

    >Do you know the definition of crazy? It certainly doesn't fit for an
    >assertion that a question mark should be used, since, with the right
    >inflection in a verbal setting, it certainly would be.

    or...it certainly would be? :)

    Tom
    Tom MacIntyre, Oct 14, 2005
  13. Phillip

    mike Guest

    what a gang !!!
    get Mike Meyers' All-In-One book

    mike, Oct 15, 2005
  14. Phillip

    PM Guest

    Tom MacIntyre wrote:

    > Do you know the definition of crazy? It certainly doesn't fit for an
    > assertion that a question mark should be used, since, with the right
    > inflection in a verbal setting, it certainly would be.

    Aside from the fact that usenet isn't a verbal medium and the fact that
    I've already provided proof for why my sentence was an "indirect
    question" and does not need a question mark. It's amazing what people
    will argue about on usenet even after they're proven wrong.
    PM, Oct 16, 2005
  15. See what you've started Phillip?

    Paul in Australia, Oct 21, 2005
  16. On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 00:26:40 +1000, "Paul in Australia"
    <> wrote:

    >See what you've started Phillip?
    >

    >"PM" <> wrote in message
    >> Tom MacIntyre wrote:
    >> >
    >> > Do you know the definition of crazy? It certainly doesn't fit for an
    >> > assertion that a question mark should be used, since, with the right
    >> > inflection in a verbal setting, it certainly would be.

    >> Aside from the fact that usenet isn't a verbal medium and the fact that
    >> I've already provided proof for why my sentence was an "indirect
    >> question" and does not need a question mark. It's amazing what people
    >> will argue about on usenet even after they're proven wrong.

    He may have started the thread, but I'll have to take the credit/blame
    for starting the semantics discussion.

    You know, I see at work on a repeated basis that certain
    standards/procedures are put in place, and long after their necessity
    has passed they are still used, because nobody remembers why they were
    put in place in the first place. That may apply here...any intelligent
    or illminating discussion perhaps shouldn't be considered OT in
    unmoderated newsgroups, as long as it's peripheral to the matter at
    hand? (Question mark again added to emphasize a previous point I made)
    :)

    Tom
    Tom MacIntyre, Oct 21, 2005
  17. On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 15:34:20 -0500, PM <> wrote:

    >Tom MacIntyre wrote:
    >>
    >> Do you know the definition of crazy? It certainly doesn't fit for an
    >> assertion that a question mark should be used, since, with the right
    >> inflection in a verbal setting, it certainly would be.

    >Aside from the fact that usenet isn't a verbal medium and the fact that
    >I've already provided proof for why my sentence was an "indirect
    >question" and does not need a question mark. It's amazing what people
    >will argue about on usenet even after they're proven wrong.

    And of course, since you created the sentence, and obviously know the
    difference, you clearly would've made it a question... "where *that's*
    legal", or similar, to put a verbal-like emphasis on the word that
    would be emphasized had it been a question...plus...since you created
    the sentence, you also knew what your intent was when you created it.
    So, I was mistaken, except that I offered possibilities for its being
    a question...I suppose?

    Tom
    Tom MacIntyre, Oct 21, 2005