    Thanks,

    Peter

    , Jul 23, 2007

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm looking to buy a spare battery for the above. Of course, the
    > instructions say that I'm only allowed to fit a pukka Canon battery,
    > but those are rather expensive:
    >
    > http://www.jessops.com/Store/s29002...y-(-for-350D--and--400D)/details.aspx?&comp=n
    >
    > The Jessops branded version is about half of that, but there are a
    > slew of suppliers on eBay that have equivalent batteries for a fiver.
    >
    > What's the difference between these batteries? Would I be foolish to
    > plump for the cheap option?

    Save your money and buy from eBay. I bought a couple for my 350D for about
    £8 from a UK seller (in Edinburgh I think) and they outlast the actual Canon
    one.

    Steven.

    Steven Campbell, Jul 23, 2007

  3. Clem Dye Guest

    wrote:
    > I'm looking to buy a spare battery for the above. Of course, the
    > instructions say that I'm only allowed to fit a pukka Canon battery,
    > but those are rather expensive:
    >
    > http://www.jessops.com/Store/s29002...y-(-for-350D--and--400D)/details.aspx?&comp=n
    >
    > The Jessops branded version is about half of that, but there are a
    > slew of suppliers on eBay that have equivalent batteries for a fiver.
    >
    > What's the difference between these batteries? Would I be foolish to
    > plump for the cheap option?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Peter

    A couple of the guys that I work with use branded third-party batteries
    in their Canon cameras to no apparent ill effect. I bought a Canon
    branded battery for my Canon, simply because I felt more 'comfortable'
    in doing so.

    I think that provided you stick to a good quality, branded battery
    you'll be fine, but I wouldn't buy a cheapie no-name from Ebay, simply
    because you have no idea as to quality of manufacture.

    HTH

    Clem

    Clem Dye, Jul 23, 2007
  4. Dave Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking to buy a spare battery for the above. Of course, the
    > instructions say that I'm only allowed to fit a pukka Canon battery,
    > but those are rather expensive:
    >

    > The Jessops branded version is about half of that, but there are a
    > slew of suppliers on eBay that have equivalent batteries for a fiver.

    I've used the Jessops brand for over a year now on my 350d - no problems
    with it

    Regards
    DAVE
    http://djmp.co.uk/slr 1/

    Dave, Jul 23, 2007
  5. <> wrote in message

    > I'm looking to buy a spare battery for the above. Of course, the
    > instructions say that I'm only allowed to fit a pukka Canon battery,
    > but those are rather expensive:
    >
    > http://www.jessops.com/Store/s29002...y-(-for-350D--and--400D)/details.aspx?&comp=n

    No wonder Jessops are in trouble if they sell products for crazy prices like
    this.

    Amazon sell the same battery for 40% less, and I expect other online
    suppliers sell it for even less if you look around.

    cheers adrian www.boliston.co.uk

    Adrian Boliston, Jul 23, 2007
  6. Brian Guest

    On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 16:47:55 -0000, ""
    <> mentioned:

    >I'm looking to buy a spare battery for the above. Of course, the
    >instructions say that I'm only allowed to fit a pukka Canon battery,
    >but those are rather expensive:
    >
    >http://www.jessops.com/Store/s29002...y-(-for-350D--and--400D)/details.aspx?&comp=n
    >
    >The Jessops branded version is about half of that, but there are a
    >slew of suppliers on eBay that have equivalent batteries for a fiver.
    >
    >What's the difference between these batteries? Would I be foolish to
    >plump for the cheap option?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Peter

    I'd go with the eBay suggestion. I bought one for my 300D (sounds
    like the same supplier) and don't notice any difference.

    Brian

    Brian, Jul 23, 2007
  7. <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking to buy a spare battery for the above. Of course, the
    > instructions say that I'm only allowed to fit a pukka Canon battery,
    > but those are rather expensive:
    >
    > http://www.jessops.com/Store/s29002...y-(-for-350D--and--400D)/details.aspx?&comp=n
    >
    > The Jessops branded version is about half of that, but there are a
    > slew of suppliers on eBay that have equivalent batteries for a fiver.
    >
    > What's the difference between these batteries? Would I be foolish to
    > plump for the cheap option?

    Why are you looking at Jessops to source one? Even Amazon have genuine canon
    for less than £30.

    Jack Torrence, Jul 24, 2007
  8. Roy G Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking to buy a spare battery for the above. Of course, the
    > instructions say that I'm only allowed to fit a pukka Canon battery,
    > but those are rather expensive:
    >
    > http://www.jessops.com/Store/s29002...y-(-for-350D--and--400D)/details.aspx?&comp=n
    >
    > The Jessops branded version is about half of that, but there are a
    > slew of suppliers on eBay that have equivalent batteries for a fiver.
    >
    > What's the difference between these batteries? Would I be foolish to
    > plump for the cheap option?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Peter

    Hi.

    Why Jessops?

    Have you not yet heard about www.7dayshop.com based in the Channel Islands
    where anything under about £18 is VAT free. I got one for my Nikon D70 for a
    tenner.

    Even Wharehouse express will have cheaper batteries than Jessop.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Jul 24, 2007