    cash in on BATMAN BEGINS. My question is, will these be the same discs we've
    had for years, or will they be special editions (and if so, will they be sold
    separately? I don't want to waste my money on anything from Joel Schumacher).

    Vlvetmorning98, Dec 29, 2004

  2. Vlvetmorning98

    Jordan Guest

    I think you'd be better off getting the boxed sets of the animated
    series. Vol. 1 is out right now and I think Vol. 2 is due in January.
    - Jordan

    Jordan, Dec 29, 2004

  3. Vlvetmorning98

    argo Guest

    They are the same discs... don't spend your money on it. I wish WB would get
    it right, atleast they did with the animated series...

    argo, Dec 29, 2004
  4. "argo" <askme> wrote in news:41d2eb98$:

    > They are the same discs... don't spend your money on it. I wish WB
    > would get it right, atleast they did with the animated series...

    There were rumors that commentaries were prepared, so don't
    lose hope.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.dvdverdict.com

    Aaron J. Bossig, Dec 30, 2004
  5. Vlvetmorning98

    reidca Guest

    there's been rumours of remastered special editons of these movies for
    years with burton's involvement (not sure about schumacher, and don't
    really care), and they've been held-off for batman begins.. i'd say
    chances are fairly high, although with the ed wood debacle who knows?

    reidca, Dec 30, 2004
  6. "reidca" <> wrote in news:1104368504.374522.298930
    @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    > there's been rumours of remastered special editons of these movies for
    > years with burton's involvement (not sure about schumacher, and don't
    > really care), and they've been held-off for batman begins.. i'd say
    > chances are fairly high, although with the ed wood debacle who knows?

    I'd just hate to see them re-release the Batman Legacy set, then turn
    around and release an SE set in 2006. I just can't fathom WB not upgrading
    one of its most valuable properties. I can't be the only person who's
    avoiding buying the movies for $12 each now, because he'd rather have
    extras and commentaries.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.dvdverdict.com

    Aaron J. Bossig, Dec 30, 2004
  7. >I think you'd be better off getting the boxed sets of the animated
    >series. Vol. 1 is out right now and I think Vol. 2 is due in January.
    >- Jordan

    I'm aware of those, and I plan on getting at least volume 1 eventually...

    Vlvetmorning98, Dec 31, 2004
  8. Vlvetmorning98

    docdude316 Guest

    Aaron J. Bossig wrote:
    > "reidca" <> wrote in news:1104368504.374522.298930
    > @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
    >

    >>there's been rumours of remastered special editons of these movies for
    >>years with burton's involvement (not sure about schumacher, and don't
    >>really care), and they've been held-off for batman begins.. i'd say
    >>chances are fairly high, although with the ed wood debacle who knows?

    > I'd just hate to see them re-release the Batman Legacy set, then turn
    > around and release an SE set in 2006. I just can't fathom WB not upgrading
    > one of its most valuable properties. I can't be the only person who's
    > avoiding buying the movies for $12 each now, because he'd rather have
    > extras and commentaries.

    I've been avoiding buying those movies for exactly the same reason.
    although i don't know if I'll ever be able to bring myself to pay money
    for Batman and Robin.

    -Doc

    docdude316, Dec 31, 2004
  9. Vlvetmorning98

    Guest

    Vlvetmorning98 wrote:
    > I've heard that the first four BATMAN films will be re-released in a

    box set to
    > cash in on BATMAN BEGINS. My question is, will these be the same

    discs we've
    > had for years, or will they be special editions (and if so, will they

    be sold
    > separately? I don't want to waste my money on anything from Joel

    Schumacher).

    WHY On Earth would anyone want to own a "Box Set" when the first two
    movies were the only ones worth watching???

    , Dec 31, 2004
  10. Vlvetmorning98

    Guest

    Vlvetmorning98 wrote:
    > I've heard that the first four BATMAN films will be re-released in a

    box set to
    > cash in on BATMAN BEGINS. My question is, will these be the same

    discs we've
    > had for years, or will they be special editions (and if so, will they

    be sold
    > separately? I don't want to waste my money on anything from Joel

    Schumacher).

    WHY On Earth would anyone want to own a "Box Set" when the first two
    movies were the only ones worth watching???

    , Dec 31, 2004
  11. Vlvetmorning98

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <>,
    wrote:

    > WHY On Earth would anyone want to own a "Box Set" when the first two
    > movies were the only ones worth watching???

    Batman Forever is actually pretty good. Batman & Robin however...

    Black Locust, Jan 2, 2005
  12. Vlvetmorning98

    Joe McC Guest

    "Black Locust" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > wrote:
    >
    >> WHY On Earth would anyone want to own a "Box Set" when the first two
    >> movies were the only ones worth watching???

    > Batman Forever is actually pretty good. Batman & Robin however...

    You think? Personally, I feel it contains some good elements, but suffered
    from bias in the cutting room by Schumacher, who made a mockery of Tommy Lee
    Jones' contribution in favour of Carrey. And those bat-nipples / buttock
    shots are a snide disgrace.

    Joe McC, Jan 2, 2005
  13. Vlvetmorning98

    Joe S Guest

    wrote:

    > Vlvetmorning98 wrote:
    >
    >>I've heard that the first four BATMAN films will be re-released in a

    > box set to
    >
    >>cash in on BATMAN BEGINS. My question is, will these be the same

    > discs we've
    >
    >>had for years, or will they be special editions (and if so, will they

    > be sold
    >
    >>separately? I don't want to waste my money on anything from Joel

    > Schumacher).
    >
    > WHY On Earth would anyone want to own a "Box Set" when the first two
    > movies were the only ones worth watching???

    Why on Earth would anyone want to project their personal preferences
    onto someone else?

    Joe

    Joe S, Jan 2, 2005
  14. (Vlvetmorning98) writes:

    > I've heard that the first four BATMAN films will be re-released in a
    > box set to
    > cash in on BATMAN BEGINS. My question is, will these be the same discs we've
    > had for years, or will they be special editions (and if so, will they be sold
    > separately? I don't want to waste my money on anything from Joel Schumacher).

    Doesn't matter. Only the 1st one is worth owning.

    --
    Scott Streeter

    http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

    Scott Streeter, Jan 3, 2005
  15. Vlvetmorning98

    Bratboy Guest

    It depends on the villians for me. Yes the last 2 were soso movies but ya
    gotta love Twoface and Poison Ivy as villians hehe. Now Arny can just stay
    in his new offices as I really am tired of seeing him on screen band his Mr
    Freeze really did leave me cold (and not in a good way). As for Carey as the
    riddler he was okay but also more over the top than I recall the book
    character. Was almost like he was desperatly trying to recreat the Adam West
    Batmans riddler which is a mistake. The TV show was very slapstick and with
    the movies I expect something more in line with the origonal Dark Detective
    stories instead.
    ..

    Bratboy, Jan 3, 2005
  16. Vlvetmorning98

    Metlhd3138 Guest

    >> I've heard that the first four BATMAN films will be re-released in a
    >box set to
    >> cash in on BATMAN BEGINS. My question is, will these be the same

    >discs we've
    >> had for years, or will they be special editions (and if so, will they

    >be sold
    >> separately? I don't want to waste my money on anything from Joel

    >Schumacher).
    >
    >WHY On Earth would anyone want to own a "Box Set" when the first two
    >movies were the only ones worth watching???

    Uhh,,commentary tracks (cmon, you know you want to hear schumacher defend B&R),
    deleted scenes, outtakes, music videos (the U2 vid for hold me, thrill me,
    kiss me, kill me would make that feature totally worth it), etc

    Metlhd3138, Jan 7, 2005
  17. "Metlhd3138" <> wrote in message
    > >> I've heard that the first four BATMAN films will be re-released in a

    > >box set to
    > >> cash in on BATMAN BEGINS. My question is, will these be the same

    > >discs we've
    > >> had for years, or will they be special editions (and if so, will they

    > >be sold
    > >> separately? I don't want to waste my money on anything from Joel

    > >Schumacher).
    > >
    > >WHY On Earth would anyone want to own a "Box Set" when the first two
    > >movies were the only ones worth watching???
    > >

    > Uhh,,commentary tracks (cmon, you know you want to hear schumacher defend

    B&R),
    > deleted scenes, outtakes, music videos (the U2 vid for hold me, thrill

    me,
    > kiss me, kill me would make that feature totally worth it), etc

    snip snip- WHY On Earth would anyone want to own a "Box Set" when the first
    two
    > >movies were the only

    Indeed. A box set with any Joel Schumaker film is more like a bad boxed
    lunch.

    Tad Bitt§ï£, Jan 8, 2005
  18. Vlvetmorning98

    Omarichu Guest

    >WHY On Earth would anyone want to own a "Box Set" when the first two
    >movies were the only ones worth watching???

    Because no one cares that you don't like the last two films. Eat a bullet.

    Omarichu, Jan 8, 2005
  19. Vlvetmorning98

    Wade365 Guest

    I think if you wanted to call it a spade, you could knock the "Batman Returns"
    off the list too, if you're limiting it to Gotta-Own Batman films.

    Wade365, Jan 8, 2005
  20. >I think if you wanted to call it a spade, you could knock the "Batman
    >Returns"
    >off the list too, if you're limiting it to Gotta-Own Batman films.

    no way. that's by far the best in the series, and it's possibly the best
    superhero film ever made.

    Vlvetmorning98, Jan 8, 2005