    comments and suggestions.

    Thanks,

    Mark
    Mark, Jun 21, 2006

  2. Mark wrote:

    > I just started a new non-commerical, educational site all about data
    > backup. It's called BackupSchool.com at http://www.backupschool.com
    >
    > I've just been working on it for a couple weeks so far and have a lot
    > of new writing and rewriting to still do, but I'm interested in your
    > comments and suggestions.

    Best place to ask for a critique would be: alt.html.critique

    That said, you're mixing ancient, presentational HTML
    <FONT size=1>
    <FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>
    and CSS. This should all be in the CSS.

    It won't fit in my browser window without needing a horizontal
    scrollbar. http://allmyfaqs.net/faq.pl?AnySizeDesign

    Serif fonts are harder to read on screen than sans-serif fonts. (The
    fallback font should be sans-serif, not Sans-Serif. <g>)

    Points (pt) are for printing. Use percentages to define font sizes.

    Drop Verdana. http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbpoley/webmatters/verdana.html

    Look into not using tables for layout. Use CSS instead. Examine these
    templates:
    http://www.benmeadowcroft.com/webdev/
    http://webhost.bridgew.edu/etribou/layouts/

    Needs some color...

    Otherwise, not too bad.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 21, 2006

  3. Mark

    Mikey Guest

    Mark wrote:

    > I just started a new non-commerical, educational site all about data
    > backup. It's called BackupSchool.com at http://www.backupschool.com
    >
    > I've just been working on it for a couple weeks so far and have a lot
    > of new writing and rewriting to still do, but I'm interested in your
    > comments and suggestions.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mark

    I like it, lots of information and it explains quite a bit about backups.
    Mikey, Jun 21, 2006
  4. Mark

    SgtMinor Guest

    Banned Apache wrote:
    > Mark <>, the pestilent-grandpa and unbelievably
    > overweight girl-boy who likes relentless baloney bopping with
    > cormorants, and whose partner is a town-bike with a hulking bermuda
    > triangle, wrote in
    > <>:
    >
    >>I just started a new non-commerical, educational site all about data
    >>backup. It's called BackupSchool.com at http://www.backupschool.com
    >>
    >>I've just been working on it for a couple weeks so far and have a lot
    >>of new writing and rewriting to still do, but I'm interested in your
    >>comments and suggestions.
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>
    >>Mark

    > If you want someone to be honest, you had better sit down.
    > However if you want one of the namby-pamby cunts who usually litter this
    > group with their shyte to pat you on the back then you might as well never
    > have asked.
    >
    > HTH

    "This group?" Don't cross-post your reply and speak for yourself.
    SgtMinor, Jun 21, 2006
  5. SgtMinor wrote:
    > Banned Apache wrote:
    >> Mark <>, the pestilent-grandpa and unbelievably
    >> overweight girl-boy who likes relentless baloney bopping with
    >> cormorants, and whose partner is a town-bike with a hulking bermuda
    >> triangle, wrote:

    >>> I just started a new non-commerical, educational site all about data
    >>> backup. It's called BackupSchool.com at http://www.backupschool.com
    >>>
    >>> I've just been working on it for a couple weeks so far and have a
    >>> lot of new writing and rewriting to still do, but I'm interested in
    >>> your comments and suggestions.

    >> If you want someone to be honest, you had better sit down.
    >> However if you want one of the namby-pamby cunts who usually litter
    >> this group with their shyte to pat you on the back then you might as
    >> well never have asked.
    >>
    >> HTH

    > "This group?" Don't cross-post your reply and speak for yourself.

    How odd.

    He replied only to the groups to which the OP posted.

    He spoke *only* for himself.

    <scratches head> How very odd.

    rl
    --
    Rhonda Lea Kirk

    Insisting on perfect safety is for people
    without the balls to live in the real world.
    Mary Shafer Iliff
    Rhonda Lea Kirk, Jun 21, 2006
  6. Mark

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Banned Apache.

    In
    you wrote:

    > If you want someone to be honest, you had better sit down.
    > However if you want one of the namby-pamby cunts who usually litter this
    > group with their shyte to pat you on the back then you might as well never
    > have asked.

    So how come the two replies before yours were helpful or positive? You
    only get a bad reply in *this* group (x-post trimmed BTW) if you ask a
    stupid question, including anything about OE, AOL, Norton or any of the
    toplisted wanky items in existence than nobody in their right mind should
    be using.

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952
    Ponder, Jun 21, 2006
  7. Mark

    why? Guest

    kill x-posting to 24hoursupport.helpdesk from
    24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.os.windows-xp

    On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 15:26:38 -0400, Rhonda Lea Kirk wrote:

    >SgtMinor wrote:
    >> Banned Apache wrote:
    >>> Mark <>, the pestilent-grandpa and unbelievably
    >>> overweight girl-boy who likes relentless baloney bopping with
    >>> cormorants, and whose partner is a town-bike with a hulking bermuda

    >>> If you want someone to be honest, you had better sit down.
    >>> However if you want one of the namby-pamby cunts who usually litter
    >>> this group with their shyte to pat you on the back then you might as
    >>> well never have asked.
    >>>
    >>> HTH

    >> "This group?" Don't cross-post your reply and speak for yourself.

    >How odd.
    >
    >He replied only to the groups to which the OP posted.

    Not what I see, Banned Apache added alt.os.windows-xp to the group list

    From: "Banned Apache"
    <>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.os.windows-xp
    Subject: Re: New "Backup School" site
    Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 19:55:36 +0100

    the OP
    From: "Mark" <>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

    only posted to 24HSHD.

    >He spoke *only* for himself.
    >
    ><scratches head> How very odd.
    >
    >rl

    Me
    why?, Jun 21, 2006
  8. Mark

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya why?.

    In <news:> you wrote:

    >>He replied only to the groups to which the OP posted.

    > Not what I see, Banned Apache added alt.os.windows-xp to the group list

    Correct. I think this marks the troll spotter as a troll himself ;)

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952
    Ponder, Jun 21, 2006
  9. Ponder wrote:
    > Hiya why?.
    > In <news:> you wrote:

    >>> He replied only to the groups to which the OP posted.

    >> Not what I see, Banned Apache added alt.os.windows-xp to the group
    >> list

    You're right. I seem to be suffering from...I'm not sure. I very
    carefully took the time to check the OP's post, but apparently, what I
    was seeing was not what I was looking at. <confused>

    Either that, or I clicked on the wrong post. <more confused>

    But the original is definitely in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, which is not
    the way Sgt. Minor presented it.

    > Correct. I think this marks the troll spotter as a troll himself ;)

    Indeed.

    I need caffeine.

    rl

    Rhonda Lea Kirk, Jun 21, 2006
  10. Mark

    Plato Guest

    Mark wrote:

    > I just started a new non-commerical, educational site all about data
    > backup. It's called BackupSchool.com at http://www.backupschool.com

    Actually you started a COMMERCIAL SITE. In the future, do your thing,
    get your users, then add the commercials.

    I'd help NOT to lie like you did from the getgo.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 22, 2006
  11. Plato <|@|.|>, the infected-grandpa and quivering fudgepacker who likes
    nasty doodle dandy yanking with mackerels, and whose partner is a
    ****-princess with a saturated cootch, wrote in
    <449aeceb$4$422$>:
    > Mark wrote:
    >>
    >> I just started a new non-commerical, educational site all about data
    >> backup. It's called BackupSchool.com at http://www.backupschool.com

    > Actually you started a COMMERCIAL SITE. In the future, do your thing,
    > get your users, then add the commercials.
    >
    > I'd help NOT to lie like you did from the getgo.

    At least most of his drivel isn't plagiarised, Ed.

    --
    Lunch was nice;
    Beaten diseased body parts complemented by mucked up mudskipper muscle
    Banned Apache, Jun 22, 2006