New Amature Picture Gallery

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Paul Miller, Dec 13, 2003.

  1. Paul Miller

    Paul Miller Guest

    Paul Miller, Dec 13, 2003

  2. Paul Miller

    tantric sax Guest

    Paul.
    1. get a better camera - yours is undoubtedly a point & shoot, the quality
    of the images is absolutely awful. Worse I have ever seen here. Spend some
    money-get some quality.

    2. Go on a course City & Guilds- BTEC whatever and learn how to get out of
    'P' mode & all the thousands of other things you need to know about
    photography.

    3. You said it yourself, get a tripod, if you are going to do horizons, you
    can't do them hand held after 10 pints......

    tantric sax, Dec 13, 2003

  3. Mr "What'sWrong With TV is Too Much Sax and Violins" is right, but could
    have been a tad kinder.
    If your camera wasn't a point 'n click, lacking zoom, you did seem to leave
    it in native automode.
    If it was a disposable camera, they were average photos.

    But even if it was a "sub" camera, the points to remember from my experience
    are:
    1. have fun (#1 for good reason)
    2. don't let photography rule the trip, unless you were on a photo
    expedition
    3. you can take better photos, not merely snapshots, if you will -- zoom/get
    in closer, crop in the camera, compose better.
    4. It's all in the

    timing. You were taking shots at sunset, and your camera wasn't up to the
    job. We have beautiful sunsets due to our vast, clear horizons and clouds.

    As far as composition, the photos of our Sandia Mtns do not indicate the
    scale (Albuquerque is at 5,000 ft+ elevation, the top of the mountain where
    you rode the aerial tram was 10,660 ft; we couldn't tell). For scale, you
    could have moved down the trail and framed the tourist building to give the
    feel of mass. Or place a person in the picture. Several were shots from a
    moving vehicle, right? ;-)
    Stop the car, get out, move away from the road, take the time to compose,
    steady your arms on the top of the car, and take your best shot.

    The Mallorca photos feel crowded -- framing with trees was a good idea but
    we can't see what you want us to see. 100036.jpg was nice.

    Thanks for sharing, and keep shooting!

    Larry CdeBaca, Dec 13, 2003