New Alien box set?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Robo-man, Jun 10, 2007.

  1. Robo-man

    Robo-man Guest

    "Beowulfie" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Why in the world has Target put out a "special Target" box Alien with only
    > the first three movies? Are we supposed to forget number 4? Why not drop
    > the third also since it was as bad as the fourth one.


    Even though #3 was a screw up. It still has its moments. But #4 is an
    abortion. Absolutely unwatchable from start to finish. With NO moments
    whatsoever. I need an airsick bag just thinking about it.
     
    Robo-man, Jun 10, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Robo-man

    JackShephard Guest

    On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 21:02:15 -0700, Beowulfie <> wrote:

    > Why not



    Why not learn to set your fucking PC clock correctly?
     
    JackShephard, Jun 10, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Robo-man

    Beowulfie Guest

    Why in the world has Target put out a "special Target" box Alien with
    only the first three movies? Are we supposed to forget number 4? Why not
    drop the third also since it was as bad as the fourth one.
     
    Beowulfie, Jun 10, 2007
    #3
  4. "Robo-man" <> wrote in
    news:ajKai.542435$:

    >
    > "Beowulfie" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> Why in the world has Target put out a "special Target" box Alien with
    >> only the first three movies? Are we supposed to forget number 4? Why
    >> not drop the third also since it was as bad as the fourth one.

    >
    > Even though #3 was a screw up. It still has its moments. But #4 is an
    > abortion. Absolutely unwatchable from start to finish. With NO moments
    > whatsoever. I need an airsick bag just thinking about it.


    Well, there was AvP as well. Funny how everyone tried to bury that
    movie seconds after the DVD was released. ;-)

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
     
    Aaron J. Bossig, Jun 10, 2007
    #4
  5. Robo-man

    Beowulfie Guest

    JackShephard wrote:
    > On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 21:02:15 -0700, Beowulfie <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >>Why not

    >
    >
    >
    > Why not learn to set your fucking PC clock correctly?

    Excuse me? WTF
     
    Beowulfie, Jun 10, 2007
    #5
  6. Robo-man

    dgates Guest

    On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 23:33:11 -0400, "Robo-man" <> wrote:

    >
    >"Beowulfie" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >> Why in the world has Target put out a "special Target" box Alien with only
    >> the first three movies? Are we supposed to forget number 4? Why not drop
    >> the third also since it was as bad as the fourth one.

    >
    >Even though #3 was a screw up. It still has its moments. But #4 is an
    >abortion. Absolutely unwatchable from start to finish. With NO moments
    >whatsoever. I need an airsick bag just thinking about it.



    Different strokes, eh? I liked 4 more than 3 by a longshot. In fact,
    I was fairly pleased, walking out of the the theater after seeing it.

    I'll take a movie that has a scene like this:

    http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0118583/7113_16_2.jpg

    over a movie with a scene like this:

    http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0103644/IMG0038.jpg

    :)

    That said, no need for us to debate the point. You've certainly got
    the numbers on your side. From IMDB:

    Alien 3: 6.4
    Alien 4: 6.0
     
    dgates, Jun 10, 2007
    #6
  7. Robo-man

    JackShephard Guest

    On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 23:04:09 -0500, "Aaron J. Bossig"
    <> wrote:

    >"Robo-man" <> wrote in
    >news:ajKai.542435$:
    >
    >>
    >> "Beowulfie" <> wrote in message
    >> news:...
    >>> Why in the world has Target put out a "special Target" box Alien with
    >>> only the first three movies? Are we supposed to forget number 4? Why
    >>> not drop the third also since it was as bad as the fourth one.

    >>
    >> Even though #3 was a screw up. It still has its moments. But #4 is an
    >> abortion. Absolutely unwatchable from start to finish. With NO moments
    >> whatsoever. I need an airsick bag just thinking about it.

    >
    >Well, there was AvP as well. Funny how everyone tried to bury that
    >movie seconds after the DVD was released. ;-)



    It was better than "A4" was.
     
    JackShephard, Jun 10, 2007
    #7
  8. Robo-man

    JackShephard Guest

    On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 23:13:13 -0700, Beowulfie <> wrote:

    >JackShephard wrote:
    >> On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 21:02:15 -0700, Beowulfie <> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>Why not

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> Why not learn to set your fucking PC clock correctly?

    >Excuse me?


    No excuses.

    > WTF


    When your post appears ABOVE a reply to it in a chrono sorted news
    list, that means that you are not set right, or in a rare case or two,
    the respondent wasn't. Since you appeared at the top of the list, it was
    likely you.
     
    JackShephard, Jun 10, 2007
    #8
  9. Robo-man

    JackShephard Guest

    On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 23:36:52 -0700, dgates <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 23:33:11 -0400, "Robo-man" <> wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>"Beowulfie" <> wrote in message
    >>news:...
    >>> Why in the world has Target put out a "special Target" box Alien with only
    >>> the first three movies? Are we supposed to forget number 4? Why not drop
    >>> the third also since it was as bad as the fourth one.

    >>
    >>Even though #3 was a screw up. It still has its moments. But #4 is an
    >>abortion. Absolutely unwatchable from start to finish. With NO moments
    >>whatsoever. I need an airsick bag just thinking about it.

    >
    >
    >Different strokes, eh? I liked 4 more than 3 by a longshot. In fact,
    >I was fairly pleased, walking out of the the theater after seeing it.
    >
    >I'll take a movie that has a scene like this:
    >
    >http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0118583/7113_16_2.jpg
    >
    >over a movie with a scene like this:
    >
    >http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0103644/IMG0038.jpg
    >
    >:)


    I liked her in Galaxy Quest if you are going to take that perspective!
     
    JackShephard, Jun 10, 2007
    #9
  10. Robo-man

    Mark W Guest

    "Beowulfie" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Why in the world has Target put out a "special Target" box Alien with only
    > the first three movies? Are we supposed to forget number 4? Why not drop
    > the third also since it was as bad as the fourth one.


    Was number 1 that good then? Don't forget the 'boo' moment in the airduct
    with Dallas where the alien thrusts its rubber hands toward camera, and the
    wobbly fingertips wibble and wobble for about half a minute.
     
    Mark W, Jun 10, 2007
    #10
  11. "Mark W" <s@o> wrote in message
    news:...
    >
    > "Beowulfie" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> Why in the world has Target put out a "special Target" box Alien with
    >> only the first three movies? Are we supposed to forget number 4? Why not
    >> drop the third also since it was as bad as the fourth one.

    >
    > Was number 1 that good then? Don't forget the 'boo' moment in the airduct
    > with Dallas where the alien thrusts its rubber hands toward camera, and
    > the wobbly fingertips wibble and wobble for about half a minute.
    >




    presumably real life aliens were not available that day.



    --
    Gareth.

    That fly... is your magic wand.
    http://www.last.fm/user/dsbmusic/
     
    the dog from that film you saw, Jun 10, 2007
    #11
  12. Robo-man

    Robo-man Guest

    "Mark W" <s@o> wrote in message
    news:...
    >
    > "Beowulfie" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> Why in the world has Target put out a "special Target" box Alien with
    >> only the first three movies? Are we supposed to forget number 4? Why not
    >> drop the third also since it was as bad as the fourth one.

    >
    > Was number 1 that good then? Don't forget the 'boo' moment in the airduct
    > with Dallas where the alien thrusts its rubber hands toward camera, and
    > the wobbly fingertips wibble and wobble for about half a minute.
    >


    Yes. It was that GOOD then. Still one of the BEST.
     
    Robo-man, Jun 10, 2007
    #12
  13. Robo-man

    Robo-man Guest

    "Mark W" <s@o> wrote in message
    news:...
    >
    > "Beowulfie" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> Why in the world has Target put out a "special Target" box Alien with
    >> only the first three movies? Are we supposed to forget number 4? Why not
    >> drop the third also since it was as bad as the fourth one.

    >
    > Was number 1 that good then? Don't forget the 'boo' moment in the airduct
    > with Dallas where the alien thrusts its rubber hands toward camera, and
    > the wobbly fingertips wibble and wobble for about half a minute.
    >


    I guess you also must think that Raiders of the Lost Ark sucks donkey
    balls. Because you can see a snakes reflection off the glass that keeps
    Harrison Ford from getting his face bitten.
     
    Robo-man, Jun 10, 2007
    #13
  14. Robo-man

    Doug Jacobs Guest

    Mark W <s@o> wrote:

    > Was number 1 that good then? Don't forget the 'boo' moment in the airduct
    > with Dallas where the alien thrusts its rubber hands toward camera, and the
    > wobbly fingertips wibble and wobble for about half a minute.


    The poor thing had the shakes from battling its addiction to human
    alcohol, you insensitive clod! ;)

    --
    It's not broken. It's...advanced.
     
    Doug Jacobs, Jun 11, 2007
    #14
  15. Robo-man

    John Clancy Guest

    On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 20:23:26 -0000, Doug Jacobs
    <> wrote:

    >Mark W <s@o> wrote:
    >
    >> Was number 1 that good then? Don't forget the 'boo' moment in the airduct
    >> with Dallas where the alien thrusts its rubber hands toward camera, and the
    >> wobbly fingertips wibble and wobble for about half a minute.

    >
    >The poor thing had the shakes from battling its addiction to human
    >alcohol, you insensitive clod! ;)


    Should'nt that be its addiction to human alcoholics ?

    JC
     
    John Clancy, Jun 12, 2007
    #15
  16. Robo-man

    Doug Jacobs Guest

    John Clancy <> wrote:
    > >The poor thing had the shakes from battling its addiction to human
    > >alcohol, you insensitive clod! ;)


    > Should'nt that be its addiction to human alcoholics ?


    Ah....homo sapien liquor. Or would that be liquored homo sapien? ;)

    --
    It's not broken. It's...advanced.
     
    Doug Jacobs, Jun 12, 2007
    #16
  17. Robo-man

    Mark W Guest

    "Robo-man" <> wrote in message
    news:ajKai.542435$...
    >
    > "Beowulfie" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> Why in the world has Target put out a "special Target" box Alien with
    >> only the first three movies? Are we supposed to forget number 4? Why not
    >> drop the third also since it was as bad as the fourth one.

    >
    > Even though #3 was a screw up. It still has its moments. But #4 is an
    > abortion. Absolutely unwatchable from start to finish. With NO moments
    > whatsoever. I need an airsick bag just thinking about it.
    >


    Alien Resurrection is not so bad if you imagine it's like a film version of
    one of those Alien comic books.
     
    Mark W, Jun 14, 2007
    #17
  18. Robo-man

    dgates Guest

    On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 16:47:15 +0100, "Mark W" <s@o> wrote:

    >
    >"Robo-man" <> wrote in message
    >news:ajKai.542435$...
    >>
    >> "Beowulfie" <> wrote in message
    >> news:...
    >>> Why in the world has Target put out a "special Target" box Alien with
    >>> only the first three movies? Are we supposed to forget number 4? Why not
    >>> drop the third also since it was as bad as the fourth one.

    >>
    >> Even though #3 was a screw up. It still has its moments. But #4 is an
    >> abortion. Absolutely unwatchable from start to finish. With NO moments
    >> whatsoever. I need an airsick bag just thinking about it.
    >>

    >
    >Alien Resurrection is not so bad if you imagine it's like a film version of
    >one of those Alien comic books.


    Or imagine that it's a little like City of Lost Children, with aliens
    and some strange sexuality thrown in :)
     
    dgates, Jun 14, 2007
    #18
  19. Robo-man

    Guest

    On Jun 9, 11:33 pm, "Robo-man" <> wrote:
    > Even though #3 was a screw up. It still has its moments. But #4 is an
    > abortion. Absolutely unwatchable from start to finish. With NO moments
    > whatsoever. I need an airsick bag just thinking about it.


    I thought it was great. I personally have liked all the Alien films
    (with the exception of Alien vs. Predator, which I don't consider part
    of the franchise). Alien Resurrection had a wit and quirky sense of
    humor about it. It probably helps if you're a Jean-Pierre Jeunet fan,
    though.

    And, as a bonus, you get to see prototypes of some of the Joss Whedon
    characters who would later appear in Firefly (most notably, Johner/
    Jayne).

    -Eric
     
    , Jun 22, 2007
    #19
  20. Robo-man

    Robo-man Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Jun 9, 11:33 pm, "Robo-man" <> wrote:
    >> Even though #3 was a screw up. It still has its moments. But #4 is an
    >> abortion. Absolutely unwatchable from start to finish. With NO moments
    >> whatsoever. I need an airsick bag just thinking about it.

    >
    > I thought it was great. I personally have liked all the Alien films
    > (with the exception of Alien vs. Predator, which I don't consider part
    > of the franchise). Alien Resurrection had a wit and quirky sense of
    > humor about it. It probably helps if you're a Jean-Pierre Jeunet fan,
    > though.
    >
    > And, as a bonus, you get to see prototypes of some of the Joss Whedon
    > characters who would later appear in Firefly (most notably, Johner/
    > Jayne).
    >
    > -Eric
    >
    >

    Interesting. That is a good point about the Firefly similarity.

    -Roboman.
     
    Robo-man, Jun 23, 2007
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Writer R5
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    742
    Writer R5
    Dec 2, 2003
  2. Mark
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    355
  3. Mark
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    393
  4. WORX A4
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    491
    WORX A4
    Jan 22, 2004
  5. Mr Muckle
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    1,829
    Joshua Zyber
    May 26, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page