    I complained to Telecom and they gave me a credit for the entire month. So,
    if you did miss out on the speed-up, complain and you might get to decrease
    telecoms yearly plunder.
    JedMeister, Dec 1, 2004

  2. JedMeister

    XPD Guest

    "JedMeister" <> wrote in message
    news:0rprd.20641$...
    > I'm still waiting to be upgraded from 256 to 2mb adsl. I wonder, how many
    > other people did not get upgraded on the last billcycle change.
    >
    > I complained to Telecom and they gave me a credit for the entire month.

    So,
    > if you did miss out on the speed-up, complain and you might get to

    decrease
    > telecoms yearly plunder.

    Im still waiting for my ISP to upgrade me to 256k........ if it takes this
    long for 2x the speed, Im scared to think how long for anything more :)

    Although, Telecom is limiting how many customers can be upgraded in a day so
    cant blame the ISP entirely......
    XPD, Dec 1, 2004

  3. JedMeister

    Digin C Guest

    I'm in the same boat, asked for an upgrade from their 'Go' plan to
    'Everyday' - 256 Kbps to 1 Mbps - half way through my last billing cycle,
    incidentally I tried to do this online via the Xtra site - that didn't work,
    so I called and was told it would be put in place at the start of the next
    billing cycle, cool.

    Off course the plan has changed - in name and no doubt so will the bill, but
    I'm lucky to even get 256 Kbps at the moment.

    Now down the emailing helpdesk@xtra road, with a "it will be fixed in 2
    business days" gone. No offer of a credit yet but I will ask.

    Oh, if you are calling the Xtra helpdesk - make sure you have a
    handsfree phone, plenty of time and like listening to their tunes. I guess
    their busy, its hard work being a monopoly.

    Digin C, Dec 1, 2004
  4. JedMeister

    ardz Guest

    "Digin C" <> wrote in message
    > I'm in the same boat, asked for an upgrade from their 'Go' plan to
    > 'Everyday' - 256 Kbps to 1 Mbps - half way through my last billing cycle,
    > incidentally I tried to do this online via the Xtra site - that didn't

    work,
    > so I called and was told it would be put in place at the start of the next
    > billing cycle, cool.
    >
    > Off course the plan has changed - in name and no doubt so will the bill,

    but
    > I'm lucky to even get 256 Kbps at the moment.
    >
    > Now down the emailing helpdesk@xtra road, with a "it will be fixed in 2
    > business days" gone. No offer of a credit yet but I will ask.
    >
    > Oh, if you are calling the Xtra helpdesk - make sure you have a
    > handsfree phone, plenty of time and like listening to their tunes. I guess
    > their busy, its hard work being a monopoly.
    >
    > "JedMeister" <> wrote in message
    > > I'm still waiting to be upgraded from 256 to 2mb adsl. I wonder, how

    many
    > > other people did not get upgraded on the last billcycle change.
    > >
    > > I complained to Telecom and they gave me a credit for the entire month.
    > > So, if you did miss out on the speed-up, complain and you might get to
    > > decrease telecoms yearly plunder.

    I got upgraded from the old 256k 3g plan to the 2 meg 10g plan last week.
    Its been running great until the last few days where i cant even watch the
    300k streaming news items on the Xtra Broadband site. Have to resort to 125k
    to get a moving image. A little hiccup on the way to "broadband" bliss????
    ardz, Dec 2, 2004