  1. Julie P.

    Julie P. Guest

    New Lavasoft Ad-Aware Reference file just relased today: SE1R17 5.11.04!
    Julie P., Nov 6, 2004

  2. Julie P.

    James Guest

    "Julie P." <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > New Lavasoft Ad-Aware Reference file just relased today: SE1R17 5.11.04!

    Ok

    So what help do you require?

    :)

    --

    Ukjay
    James, Nov 6, 2004

  3. Julie P.

    Penguin Guest

    On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 03:08:27 -0000, "James" <>
    wrote:

    >"Julie P." <> wrote in message
    >> New Lavasoft Ad-Aware Reference file just relased today: SE1R17 5.11.04!
    >>

    >Ok
    >
    >So what help do you require?
    >
    >:)

    Greetings James;

    Julie P. probably doesn't require any help.

    As you seem to be new here you may not be aware that it's not uncommon
    in this newsgroup for people to post a message when there's an update
    to a program that's repeatedly referred to.

    Ad-Aware is a program that is recommended by several of the
    knowledgable regulars in this group and is used by many of the people
    who post and lurk here.

    Thanks to Julie P. for the heads-up.

    And welcome to 24hoursupport.helpdesk, James!

    Penguin must run. Have cookie will travel.
    -Chris
    Penguin, Nov 6, 2004
  4. In article <> Penguin <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 03:08:27 -0000, "James" <>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>"Julie P." <> wrote in message
    >>> New Lavasoft Ad-Aware Reference file just relased today: SE1R17 5.11.04!
    >>>

    >>Ok
    >>
    >>So what help do you require?
    >>
    >>:)

    >Greetings James;

    Wtf?

    >Julie P. probably doesn't require any help.

    Better give a penny then lend twenty.

    >As you seem to be new here you may not be aware that it's not uncommon
    >in this newsgroup for people to post a message when there's an update
    >to a program that's repeatedly referred to.

    Hmmm... kinda adds a new meaning to the word... oh... never mind.

    >Ad-Aware is a program that is recommended by several of the
    >knowledgable regulars in this group and is used by many of the people
    >who post and lurk here.

    As we live, so we learn.

    >Thanks to Julie P. for the heads-up.

    The war is a result of faulty politics and desperation from Western
    leadership during the US civil war. Yes, I suppose you could stop it.

    >And welcome to 24hoursupport.helpdesk, James!

    You have yet again proven to everyone that you are an utter and
    complete imbecile.

    >Penguin must run. Have cookie will travel.
    >-Chris

    Have cookie Will travel?

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    I hereby nominate Lady Chatterly for the Golden Killfile award. What
    a waste of bytes. -- Gary L. Burnore
    Lady Chatterly, Nov 6, 2004
  5. On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 05:33:12 GMT, Penguin
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 03:08:27 -0000, "James" <>
    >wrote:
    >

    >>"Julie P." <> wrote in message
    >>> New Lavasoft Ad-Aware Reference file just relased today: SE1R17 5.11.04!
    >>>

    >>Ok
    >>
    >>So what help do you require?
    >>
    >>:)

    >Greetings James;
    >
    >Julie P. probably doesn't require any help.
    >
    >As you seem to be new here you may not be aware that it's not uncommon
    >in this newsgroup for people to post a message when there's an update
    >to a program that's repeatedly referred to.
    >
    >Ad-Aware is a program that is recommended by several of the
    >knowledgable regulars in this group and is used by many of the people
    >who post and lurk here.
    >
    >Thanks to Julie P. for the heads-up.
    >
    >And welcome to 24hoursupport.helpdesk, James!
    >
    >Penguin must run. Have cookie will travel.
    >-Chris

    There are many practices in this and other NGs that aren't uncommon,
    useless posts, rants with no focus, abuse and well intentioned
    indicators of updates to programs. Because they are not uncommon does
    not justify the posting these messages.
    Edward W. Thompson, Nov 6, 2004
  6. Julie P.

    James Guest

    "Penguin" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 03:08:27 -0000, "James" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >"Julie P." <> wrote in message
    > >> New Lavasoft Ad-Aware Reference file just relased today: SE1R17

    5.11.04!

    > >Ok
    > >
    > >So what help do you require?
    > >
    > >:)

    > Greetings James;
    >
    > Julie P. probably doesn't require any help.
    >
    > As you seem to be new here you may not be aware that it's not uncommon
    > in this newsgroup for people to post a message when there's an update
    > to a program that's repeatedly referred to.
    >
    > Ad-Aware is a program that is recommended by several of the
    > knowledgable regulars in this group and is used by many of the people
    > who post and lurk here.
    >
    > Thanks to Julie P. for the heads-up.
    >
    > And welcome to 24hoursupport.helpdesk, James!
    >
    > Penguin must run. Have cookie will travel.
    > -Chris

    OIC Penguin, then maybe Julie should have made this more clearer?
    I love cookies so I don't think her info will be of any use to me?

    Thanks for the explanation.

    --

    Ukjay
    James, Nov 6, 2004
  7. Julie P.

    anthonyberet Guest

    "Edward W. Thompson" <> wrote in message
    <snip>
    > There are many practices in this and other NGs that aren't uncommon,
    > useless posts, rants with no focus, abuse and well intentioned
    > indicators of updates to programs. Because they are not uncommon does
    > not justify the posting these messages.

    I am going to update adaware now and scan.
    Does *that* justify it?
    anthonyberet, Nov 6, 2004
  8. Julie P.

    Penguin Guest

    On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 07:03:45 +0000 (UTC), Edward W. Thompson
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 05:33:12 GMT, Penguin
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 03:08:27 -0000, "James" <>
    >>wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Julie P." <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>>Ok
    >>>
    >>>So what help do you require?
    >>>
    >>>:)

    >>Greetings James;
    >>
    >>Julie P. probably doesn't require any help.
    >>
    >>As you seem to be new here you may not be aware that it's not uncommon
    >>in this newsgroup for people to post a message when there's an update
    >>to a program that's repeatedly referred to.
    >>
    >>Ad-Aware is a program that is recommended by several of the
    >>knowledgable regulars in this group and is used by many of the people
    >>who post and lurk here.
    >>
    >>Thanks to Julie P. for the heads-up.
    >>
    >>And welcome to 24hoursupport.helpdesk, James!
    >>
    >>Penguin must run. Have cookie will travel.
    >>-Chris

    >There are many practices in this and other NGs that aren't uncommon,
    >useless posts, rants with no focus, abuse and well intentioned
    >indicators of updates to programs. Because they are not uncommon does
    >not justify the posting these messages.

    Greetings;

    So Edward...you're saying that when someone posts to inform the group
    of a program update, that post is not justified?

    Could you please point out in which section of the FAQ for this
    newsgroup that bit of information is spelled out in? OH! That's
    right, this group doesn't have a FAQ. It seems as though this
    newsgroup has no specific topic or purpose (do a Google Groups search
    on this topic and you'll find *lots* of discussion on this issue).

    So as it turns out it doesn't matter if the OP was "justified" or not.
    She posted a bit of information that may have been appreciated by some
    people and we should just take it as an act of kindness by a
    well-meaning newsgroup reader.

    I hope this clears up the issue for you Edward. If you need any more
    clarification on the workings of this newsgroup feel free to post back
    and one of the regulars here can clear it up for you.

    Penguin, Nov 6, 2004