    So I'm staying with 2008 until that bug (and others) are ironed out.

    Anyone had similar problems?

    Ray

    TJ, Jan 22, 2009

  2. TJ

    Fastmoggy Guest

    "TJ" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Some users report not being able to uninstall the 2008 version.
    >
    > For me the Anniversary edition just hung every time it started the
    > install process where in theory it uninstalls 2008 before continuing.
    >
    > So I'm staying with 2008 until that bug (and others) are ironed out.
    >
    > Anyone had similar problems?
    >
    > Ray

    Yep
    Tried to install 2008 and it hung so i deleted it and then reg edit to
    remove any reference, deleted the lavasoft folder in my programs which
    windows seems reluctant to remove then restarted system.
    Installed anniversary program with no problems from cnet.com you can either
    download it to a folder of your choice which i do or just click RUN to
    install.
    The updated program is allot better than 2008 (well it should be as it's an
    upgrade!)

    Fastmoggy, Jan 22, 2009

  3. TJ

    Fastmoggy Guest

    Fastmoggy, Jan 23, 2009
  4. TJ

    Fastmoggy Guest

    Fastmoggy retched:

    > "TJ" <> wowte in message

    > Twied t-t-t-to instaww 2008 and it hung so i deweted it and th-th-then
    > weg edit t-t-t-to wemowe any wefewence, deweted th-th-the wawasoft
    > fowdew in my powgwams which windows seems wewuctant t-t-t-to wemowe
    > th-th-then westawted system. Instawwed anniwewsawy powgwam wif no
    > powbwems fowm cnet.com you can eith-th-thew downwoad it t-t-t-to a
    > fowdew of youw choice which i do ow just cwick WUN t-t-t-to instaww.
    > De updated powgwam is awwot bettew th-th-than 2008 (weww it shouwd be
    > as it's an upgwade!)

    Test. I can't see me postin' - sewwy.

    Fastmoggy, Jan 23, 2009
  5. TJ

    thanatoid Guest

    TJ <> wrote in
    ups.com:

    > Some users report not being able to uninstall the 2008
    > version.
    >
    > For me the Anniversary edition just hung every time it
    > started the install process where in theory it uninstalls
    > 2008 before continuing.
    >
    > So I'm staying with 2008 until that bug (and others) are
    > ironed out.
    >
    > Anyone had similar problems?
    >
    > Ray

    AdAware is a waste of time. They were good 8 years ago. Get
    something else.

    --
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are."
    Anais Nin

    thanatoid, Jan 23, 2009
  6. TJ

    Fastmoggy Guest

    "thanatoid" <> wrote in message
    > TJ <> wrote in
    > ups.com:
    >
    >> Some users report not being able to uninstall the 2008
    >> version.
    >>
    >> For me the Anniversary edition just hung every time it
    >> started the install process where in theory it uninstalls
    >> 2008 before continuing.
    >>
    >> So I'm staying with 2008 until that bug (and others) are
    >> ironed out.
    >>
    >> Anyone had similar problems?
    >>
    >> Ray

    > AdAware is a waste of time. They were good 8 years ago. Get
    > something else.

    Such as......................

    Id rather be better protected.

    Fastmoggy, Jan 24, 2009
  7. TJ

    thanatoid Guest

    Bill <> wrote in

    > In article <Xns9B9C8144C3CFCthanexit@209.197.15.184>,
    > lid says...
    >> TJ <> wrote in
    >> gro ups.com:
    >>
    >> > Some users report not being able to uninstall the 2008
    >> > version.
    >> >
    >> > For me the Anniversary edition just hung every time it
    >> > started the install process where in theory it
    >> > uninstalls 2008 before continuing.
    >> >
    >> > So I'm staying with 2008 until that bug (and others) are
    >> > ironed out.
    >> >
    >> > Anyone had similar problems?
    >> >
    >> > Ray

    >> AdAware is a waste of time. They were good 8 years ago.
    >> Get something else.
    >>

    > And your data to back up your assertion is?

    Excuse for not being able to provide a listing of all the posts
    on the Usenet and WWW, but I will mention my own experience - I
    used it for a few years and then it the interface became
    bloated, incomprehensible, and there were about 3 different
    sites all claiming to be lavasoft, all of which provided
    different updates some of which and some of which did nothing.

    I switched to Spybot S&D, after a while donated, and have been
    perfectly happy ever since.

    > Please refrain.
    > from
    > problems with any other version of Adaware since the newest
    > version ( AdAware Anniversery Edition ) is the one I am
    > interested in.

    Sorry about not refraining. Older is better. Anyone that does
    not put all that is necessary in a program (excluding new
    technology, and that is only acceptable in updates, not the
    program itself) is either dumb or greedy (yes I know, it's free,
    so they must just be dumb).

    thanatoid, Jan 25, 2009
  8. TJ

    thanatoid Guest

    "Fastmoggy" <> wrote in

    > "thanatoid" <> wrote in message
    >> TJ <> wrote in
    >> gro ups.com:
    >>
    >>> Some users report not being able to uninstall the 2008
    >>> version.
    >>>
    >>> For me the Anniversary edition just hung every time it
    >>> started the install process where in theory it uninstalls
    >>> 2008 before continuing.
    >>>
    >>> So I'm staying with 2008 until that bug (and others) are
    >>> ironed out.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone had similar problems?
    >>>
    >>> Ray

    >> AdAware is a waste of time. They were good 8 years ago.
    >> Get something else.
    >>

    > Such as......................
    >
    > Id rather be better protected.

    Bluntly put, anyone who is careful and possesses at least
    moderate intelligence does not need any spyware or A-V programs.

    As for "such as", Google.

    thanatoid, Jan 25, 2009
  9. TJ

    thanatoid Guest

    Bill <> wrote in

    <SNIP>

    > IOW, you have no data relevant to the latest program.

    Yes, and I made that quite clear. I also said older is better,
    which it is. My 5 year old version (FREE in a British magazine)
    of Acronis True Image has never given me any problems while I
    hear a lot of complaints about the new version - which are also
    20 times bigger. Etc.

    > Spybot S&D is good. I run it myself, although I don't let
    > Teatimer
    > run in the back ground. It slows the PC down noticably.

    Agreed. I never run anything all the time, teatimer, constant
    all-file a-v checking etc.

    I DO scan everything I DL AFTERWARDS with ESET NOD32 but I would
    NEVER run anything all the time except the firewall.

    >> > Please refrain.
    >> > from
    >> > problems with any other version of Adaware since the
    >> > newest version ( AdAware Anniversery Edition ) is the
    >> > one I am interested in.

    >> Sorry about not refraining. Older is better.

    > Not always or necessarily.

    Nothing is always, but I could give you quite a few examples
    (did one above) of older versions being better for one reason or
    another. The main difference is higher sys reqs and bloat.

    Anyway, if you already have Spybot I really see no point of
    AdAware.

    <SNIP>

    thanatoid, Jan 26, 2009