    Has anyone taken either yet? I believe they came out yesterday(Nov 26th). I
    will be taking the core hardware tomorrow just wanted anyones thoughts on
    how hard they thought it was.

    John Smith, Nov 27, 2003

  2. John Smith

    R.A.D. Guest

    > Has anyone taken either yet? I believe they came out yesterday(Nov 26th).

    > will be taking the core hardware tomorrow just wanted anyones thoughts on
    > how hard they thought it was.

    Not here, but it would good to hear of any Major differences between the
    two.

    R.A.D., Nov 27, 2003

  3. John Smith

    outlook help Guest

    I took the A+ Hardware on Tuesday night. 80 questions. I studied
    mostly with my Transcender 220-231. The night before I went on the
    brain dumps on the web and looked at other questions.

    I passed with a 600 but was suprised to find out AFTERWARDS that the
    test had changed. It was 80 questions long. I saw quite a few
    questions on the test that were not in the Transcender but knew anyway
    from 10+ years in the IT field.

    Now I am confused on what to study for the OS part of the exam. My
    unopened Transcender for O/S may not be the right study material.

    Suggestions?

    outlook help, Nov 28, 2003
  4. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    It wasn't supposed to change until Wednesday. Those questions where there,
    but I don't think that they would have counted towards your marks. Why type
    of questions where the ones that weren't in Transcender?

    John Smith, Nov 28, 2003
  5. Being an A+ Trainer I have found that of the four students that sat the new
    exam today only two passed.

    Comments were that the XP and ME questions were the ones that made the test
    harder.

    Also the pass mark has risen by 60 pointns

    Keith Heathcote, Nov 28, 2003
  6. John Smith

    outlook help Guest

    I had a mental note to remember and I probably did Tuesday. And now it
    is Friday. But here is what I saw. The first question on the exam was
    what is wrong with a laser printer when it prints out an entire black
    page. This question is no where in Transcender. There was one
    question relating to a USB 2.0. device - what type of port is it. I
    also remember something relating to a Pentium 4 motherboard, going
    from a PII.... What type of pins or cables on the power supply. The
    exam was 80 questions. I wish I could remember more though.

    outlook help, Nov 28, 2003