New 10 layer optical disc HDVMD nearly here...

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by ct, Oct 2, 2006.

  1. ct

    ct Guest

    ct, Oct 2, 2006

  2. ct

    Ken Maltby Guest

    "ct" <> wrote in message
    news:lt_Tg.39761$...
    > For details...
    >
    > www.prodisc.com.au

    Can you say "VaporWare"?

    Ken Maltby, Oct 2, 2006

  3. ct

    dean Guest

    On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 02:05:05 GMT, "ct" <> wrote:

    >For details...
    >
    >www.prodisc.com.au

    Only ONE company stupid enough to make it.
    They advertise 10 layers for 55gb. Blue ray is double layer for 50gb
    and hundreds of companies using it compared to only one for hdvmd.

    Memories of beta tapes come flooding back.
    For something like this to succeed, most of the bigger brands have to
    have a hand in the pie, otherwise its going to die a fast death.

    It may hold 55gigs but not one hollywood company is going to use.
    $300 for a player which is worthless. No burners to make your own
    movies which means its dead in the water.

    Prodisc will be bankrupt by years end if they have put everything into
    this useless format.

    The press release has to many holes in it.
    http://www.prodisc.com.au/HDVMDPressRelease29092006/tabid/97/Default.aspx

    They claim bluray video sare $60 each when they are $35 each.
    At least bluray has titles. There are none for this crappy system.
    The dumb hdvmd only plays mpeg2. They never heard of mpeg4 or divx ?

    dean, Oct 2, 2006
  4. ct

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, "Ken Maltby" <> wrote:

    >"ct" <> wrote in message
    >> For details...
    >>
    >> www.prodisc.com.au
    >>

    > Can you say "VaporWare"?

    And way too overly complicated. Can you imagine dealing with a scratch or
    fingerprint with 10 layers?

    GMAN, Oct 2, 2006
  5. GMAN wrote:
    > In article <>, "Ken Maltby" <> wrote:
    >> "ct" <> wrote in message
    >>> For details...
    >>>
    >>> www.prodisc.com.au
    >>>

    >> Can you say "VaporWare"?
    >>

    > And way too overly complicated. Can you imagine dealing with a scratch or
    > fingerprint with 10 layers?

    They all laughed at Christopher Columbus
    When he said the world was round
    They all laughed when Edison recorded sound
    They all laughed at Wilbur and his brother
    When they said that man could fly
    They told Marconi wireless is a phony
    It's that same old cry

    --
    Bill Anderson

    I am the Mighty Favog

    Bill Anderson, Oct 2, 2006
  6. ct

    Hebee Jeebes Guest

    Vape-or-where? Or not they can't even get dual layer discs to be worth a
    crap let alone 5 times the number of layers.

    Hebee Jeebes, Oct 3, 2006
  7. ct

    Hebee Jeebes Guest

    But the best one of all... There's a stupid sucker born every minute. I hear
    you occupied two them!

    Hebee Jeebes, Oct 3, 2006
  8. Bill Anderson wrote:

    > GMAN wrote:
    >
    >> In article <>, "Ken
    >> Maltby" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "ct" <> wrote in message

    >>> Can you say "VaporWare"?
    >>>

    >> And way too overly complicated. Can you imagine dealing with a scratch
    >> or fingerprint with 10 layers?

    > They all laughed at Christopher Columbus
    > When he said the world was round
    > They all laughed when Edison recorded sound
    > They all laughed at Wilbur and his brother
    > When they said that man could fly
    > They told Marconi wireless is a phony

    And EZ-Disks are saying "...Why?? :( "

    Derek Janssen